• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any ESPN board regulars here yet?

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was especially proud in 2009, when Israeli Jewish professional tennis players were banned from the Qatar Open and Dubai Tennis Championships per the Arab Muslim boycott on Israel and accompanying apartheid travel ban against Israeli Jews, Roddick was the only pro tennis player to speak out.. Not only did he speak out, he pulled out of the tournament. He won the tournament the previous year and could have won big cash and ranking points again, had he not chosen to boycott.

Sorry, but Venus was an outspoken opponent of that and received special recognition.

Texas Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lip Service. Roddick’s protest was especially appreciated, given that the Williams Sisters, Venus and Serena, defended Qatar and refused to press the issue, despite the fact that Venus Williams sat on tennis’ governing board–the board that could have forced Qatar to allow the Israelis.

britbox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are about a bunch of ESPNers on the Tennis Frontier site.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are about a bunch of ESPNers on the Tennis Frontier site.

Still not a lot of action over there! The format is cumbersome even though well programmed! We got lazy with all posts sitting on one board and easy to check! :lame: :noidea: :L

RJD11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd even be happy to see Madd here, strangely enough.

I've let go of my personal feelings toward him, and have come to appreciate his trolling in a weird way.

Cez: I also miss Madd. His trolling had almost become ...expected

RJD11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was especially proud in 2009, when Israeli Jewish professional tennis players were banned from the Qatar Open and Dubai Tennis Championships per the Arab Muslim boycott on Israel and accompanying apartheid travel ban against Israeli Jews, Roddick was the only pro tennis player to speak out.. Not only did he speak out, he pulled out of the tournament. He won the tournament the previous year and could have won big cash and ranking points again, had he not chosen to boycott.

That was a really classy move by ARod.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope to see lots of you here.

Be aware, after you get approved for this site, it takes a little while before they approve you to start threads (24 hours for me), but you can post in any thread that's already up.

RE: Any ESPN board regulars here yet?

I tried the ESPN tennis boards out for a few months several years ago, but I didn't like it.

I actually preferred to chat tennis on the ESPN NBA boards that I'd post on, there were some good posters there and they had the kind of discussions I liked.

Unfortunately, one of my favorite NBA/MLB/tennis posters moved from the east coast to the west coast a few years ago, and I haven't seen him since. I did see one post by him after ESPN Robust was introduced, but that was it. Perhaps he couldn't access the Robust boards, because they didn't load for him. This poster had attended Wimbledon twice (I think, definitely in 2001), and the USO every year, and the FO in 2011.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Any ESPN board regulars here yet?

I tried the ESPN tennis boards out for a few months several years ago, but I didn't like it.

I actually preferred to chat tennis on the ESPN NBA boards that I'd post on, there were some good posters there and they had the kind of discussions I liked.

Unfortunately, one of my favorite NBA/MLB/tennis posters moved from the east coast to the west coast a few years ago, and I haven't seen him since. I did see one post by him after ESPN Robust was introduced, but that was it. Perhaps he couldn't access the Robust boards, because they didn't load for him. This poster had attended Wimbledon twice (I think, definitely in 2001), and the USO every year, and the FO in 2011.

The ESPN tennis board was a joke. I started this thread kind of tongue in cheek.

Take grossefavourite's moronic posts on here, and multiply it X 100, and you get the ESPN tennis board.

Seems like you actually enjoy talking about tennis, so this place is much better for that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Anonymous_5555

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all were crazy on ESPN tennis message board.

@ Cezero

I posted on ESPN'S tennis message board on and off, & it got to be too much for me becaue of the Badger, Madd racism etc. I'd been there since 2002. I'd come into this tennis forum with an open mind and lurking a few weeks ago, hoping that this would be the place that I'd land. However, when I saw grossie here and see nothing but his moronic posts, I said to myself, he's not here too. This is not the place for me. Then to see this place--quite frankly--so boring before, during and after Rafa & Serena won the US Open, I knew then that maybe this is not the place for me. There are good posters like you and a few others, but it's very boring here. I'll go back to where I've been posting and stay there mostly. They don't tolerate any BS where I've been and I love that. I do admit that although the ESPN tennis message board was extremely caustic, cpuld be petty, racist, sexist, homophobic--and that there was too much bias/worship of some of the tennis players over there, it was rarely boring there.

All the best Cez :thumb:.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long time no see!

simtast, you are welcome here. Even though there are not enough tennis activities making the board a little bit inactive, hoping you and other espn members will join and come in often. I actually, like chelsia and others even though there are some here like fiero who do not want them here but their love for their favorite, Serena made the espn board very very interesting.