• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AnVil update

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per KNBR today, he continues to practice under Giants supervision while he awaits his trial. Maybe he still has a future in MLB?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per KNBR today, he continues to practice under Giants supervision while he awaits his trial. Maybe he still has a future in MLB?

Thanks for the update. Haven't heard anything from him in quite a while.

The social aspect to this story I think needs to be ignored by us. There is no way we could ever know what truly happened or if anything happened. I try to react to this story ONLY in how it effects the Giants on the field...

If we are able to get him back in the fold, that would be a real coup. He is still very young and can withstand a layoff like this as long as he is still receiving instruction and getting field time.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to move on and forget about this guy. I had such high hopes for him after people were comparing him to Miguel Cabrera.

I would rather see this come out as "Oh, that guy. Oh well" or "Wow, he really came all the way back" rather than "God damn, he had to kill someone" or "Finally, took you long enough to come around'.

Make sense?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to move on and forget about this guy. I had such high hopes for him after people were comparing him to Miguel Cabrera.

I would rather see this come out as "Oh, that guy. Oh well" or "Wow, he really came all the way back" rather than "God damn, he had to kill someone" or "Finally, took you long enough to come around'.

Make sense?

So you want to find a $20 bill in the pocket of those jeans you have not worn in years?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never heard him called AnVil before

i like it

I've since tempered high expectations for "the next overseas superstar" from past experiences of Osvaldo and Shinjo.

High profile baseball players have always been targets in some form or another, doesn't surprise me that guys like Villalona and Uribe have been linked to violence. Sad what Torreabla had to go through, too. Comes with the territory, I guess.

Anyways, can't have enough talent - hope he turns into something