• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown goes to Washington?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually, none of these guys is remembered fondly anywhere. Of any of the teams that Brown was on, Pittsburgh fans probably had the most favorable opinion of him. And that's mostly because the team cut ties with him and his meltdown came later.

Brown might play again, but it'll be for a crap team on a limited contract. The end will look a lot like Owens and Moss, where they played their way off bad teams.

Actually the meltdown began in PIT.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda...different animal though. TO never intently tried to force his way off of a team that I recall.
Nah, Brown is definitely tops in terms of talented WR that threw it all away. (Guys like Chris Henry may've had a bigger meltdown, but he wasn't as highly skilled.) These days, Moss and T.O. are remembered more fondly, and their better behavior translated into HoF selections.
Actually the meltdown began in PIT.
Yeah, but none of us knew about it until later. Tomlin & co. did a good job of keeping a lid on the problem.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a HOFer if they don't count the off-field stuff. In his prime, he was as good as any receiver I've ever watched outside of Jerry Rice. And that's coming from a guy who hates him like poison.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Brown is definitely tops in terms of talented WR that threw it all away. (Guys like Chris Henry may've had a bigger meltdown, but he wasn't as highly skilled.) These days, Moss and T.O. are remembered more fondly, and their better behavior translated into HoF selections.

Throwing away...I agree with you. TO was an asshole but his talent ran out before he threw anything away.

Yeah, but none of us knew about it until later. Tomlin & co. did a good job of keeping a lid on the problem.

They did keep a lid on the petty stuff...the start of his downfall in PIT was when Ben was asked a question on his radio show about a INT he threw...maybe not intently, but he threw AB under the bus stating he ran the wrong route or something to that effect and it set off a Brown firestorm that Tomlin was not able to keep under wraps.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a HOFer if they don't count the off-field stuff. In his prime, he was as good as any receiver I've ever watched outside of Jerry Rice. And that's coming from a guy who hates him like poison.

At his peak I agree...he was as good as they get in the game.

If it ended last yr for Brown...he's behind (production wise) quite a few players...Steve Smith, Julio , Fitzgerald, Hinds Ward, Calvin Johnson...I'll say maybe.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were signs of AB's insanity while he was still in Pittsburgh. And you're right in saying Tomlin & Co. did a good job keeping it in-house.

Jan. of 2017- he live streamed the Steelers lockeroom celebration (violating league policy) after beating K.C. in the playoffs despite BigBen asking him to lay low on socail media

Jan. of 2017 (one week later)- was fined 10K for his actions a week earlier. But to make things worse it was discovered that facebook had paid AB $244,000 at the start of the season to create content for them

Dec. of 2018- AB & BigBen had a heated argument leading up to a week 17 game vs. the Bengals. AB threw a football at BigBen & then decided not to practice the rest of the week. Then got suspended.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know if I’ve ever seen such an elite talent throw his career away like this. I’ve seen with breaking the law or substance abuse, but not in just being a bitch to deal with
The Rooneys have been sabotaging him behind the scenes. Using private investigators to spy on him and donating money into foundations for authorities to harass him. They're getting a kick out of it and really using their wealth and "good name" to win this war against him. When he went to the Patriots they escalated their involvement. Paying that hoe with the fake r*pe story.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought at first this was a remake of the old Jimmy Stewart movie.

p1833_v_v8_aa.jpg

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did keep a lid on the petty stuff...the start of his downfall in PIT was when Ben was asked a question on his radio show about a INT he threw...maybe not intently, but he threw AB under the bus stating he ran the wrong route or something to that effect and it set off a Brown firestorm that Tomlin was not able to keep under wraps.

There were signs of AB's insanity while he was still in Pittsburgh. And you're right in saying Tomlin & Co. did a good job keeping it in-house.

Jan. of 2017- he live streamed the Steelers lockeroom celebration (violating league policy) after beating K.C. in the playoffs despite BigBen asking him to lay low on socail media

Jan. of 2017 (one week later)- was fined 10K for his actions a week earlier. But to make things worse it was discovered that facebook had paid AB $244,000 at the start of the season to create content for them

Dec. of 2018- AB & BigBen had a heated argument leading up to a week 17 game vs. the Bengals. AB threw a football at BigBen & then decided not to practice the rest of the week. Then got suspended.
Yeah, I never quite bought the excuse that everything began when AB got laid out by Burfict. I'm sure that didn't help, but the Steelers organization and fans had more early indicators than me.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I never quite bought the excuse that everything began when AB got laid out by Burfict. I'm sure that didn't help, but the Steelers organization and fans had more early indicators than me.

Oh yeah no doubt SteelersNation would have better indictors than others. It's their team. And just like any real fans you always pay the most attention to your team.

As far as AB's antics. He can blame whoever he wants. But his real problem is himself. I hope he gets everything straigtened out though.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah no doubt SteelersNation would have better indictors than others. It's their team. And just like any real fans you always pay the most attention to your team.

As far as AB's antics. He can blame whoever he wants. But his real problem is himself. I hope he gets everything straigtened out though.
You'd think so. For most of these guys, common sense prevails, they have a decent agent who tells them to tone it down, etc., long enough that they can get some semblance of a career back. But there are the guys who can't stop sabotaging themselves and ruin themselves.

I'd say at this point, AB has only one more "second chance" left. It doesn't matter if he sticks with his next team for more than a year, or even if he's incredibly productive. But he needs to be get rid of 100% of the drama and be a decent teammate, or that's it for his career.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think so. For most of these guys, common sense prevails, they have a decent agent who tells them to tone it down, etc., long enough that they can get some semblance of a career back. But there are the guys who can't stop sabotaging themselves and ruin themselves.

I'd say at this point, AB has only one more "second chance" left. It doesn't matter if he sticks with his next team for more than a year, or even if he's incredibly productive. But he needs to be get rid of 100% of the drama and be a decent teammate, or that's it for his career.

He'll be 32 for this season & still can play. Some team will take a chnace on him. If his head's not in the right place though it'll be a very short stay. I wish him the best of luck.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be 32 for this season & still can play. Some team will take a chnace on him. If his head's not in the right place though it'll be a very short stay. I wish him the best of luck.
If he is signed, most fans will ridicule the team that signs him. My advice to the fans of said team, accept it and expect the worse but hope for the best.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is signed, most fans will ridicule the team that signs him. My advice to the fans of said team, accept it and expect the worse but hope for the best.

I agree with that. Hey for a real three ring circus how about the Browns pick him up? What could go wrong with OBJ & AB on the same team? Add in that jackass Mayfield & you got yourself a dysfunctional reality show. Of course this would never happen.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rooneys have been sabotaging him behind the scenes. Using private investigators to spy on him and donating money into foundations for authorities to harass him. They're getting a kick out of it and really using their wealth and "good name" to win this war against him. When he went to the Patriots they escalated their involvement. Paying that hoe with the fake r*pe story.

EN...is this a figment of your imagination or you know this to be true?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB cost himself millions.....