• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another WDID decision...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say it is a good problem to have, but it is still a problem. So, Kittle is probably out this weekend. They said he was officially out, then backtracked, but I guess I have to go through with thinking he will be out. I have no backup TE, so I will have to drop someone to pick up a replacement. Here are my options...

Matt Ryan - Just picked him up basically for Mahomes' bye week next week. Atlanta plays Tampa Bay. Can't believe he got dropped.

Jaylen Samuels - Conner is healthy and as long as he makes it through this game, I could easily get Samuels back next week. If Conner goes down, though, Samuels could be pricey. Plus, I would have to drop him today before his game.

Devonta Freeman - I haven't used him all season and he is supposed to be out for a couple more weeks.

AJ Green - Is he going to play this year or just waste a bench spot for me?

Bobby Wagner - I know he is just an IDP, but he has been my keeper for 2 years and will probably be again next year. But he is on bye and it would give me the luxury of waiting until the Monday game to see if I need to drop anyone.

I also have Conner, Fournette and Mack at RB and Adams, Golladay, Odell and DJ Moore at WR. We start 2/2 and a flex, so my depth wouldn't be killed if I dropped either of those positions. I would probably be in better shape if I dropped a WR. I hate the schedule, since I guess Samuels is the most expendable, but he plays on Thursday, so I can't wait it out to see if Kittle improves any.

I really think that AJ is the play here. The Bengals play at 4pm, so I would be able to see what happens in the 1pm games, but my opponent has 6 people playing in the Sunday night game, so that hinders that plan some. Although, after the 1pm games, I would have 13 of a possible 16 starters who have already played. But the pickins would be slim at that point. Anyone worth picking up (which would be a dart throw anyway, really) would have already played. Trey Burton is probably far and away the best option at that point and he is questionable and has 2 targets in the last 2 weeks.

Which brings me to my next point. Assuming I figure out who I should drop, who TF should I pick up?

Noah Fant (at Min)
OJ Howard (vs NO)
Tyler Eifert (at Oak)
Mike Gesicki (vs Buf)
Dawson Knox (at Mia)

I'm leaning towards dropping AJ Green and picking up Noah Fant or OJ Howard. Ugh.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're already thinking the same as what I'd do, drop green for Fant or OJ.

Not to muddy the waters, but I'd consider Gesicki as well here, since Preston went to IR and BUF CBs lock up WRs regularly

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've waited out AJ Green for over two months and now you're going to drop him for Noah Fant or OJ Howard? I couldn't do that. Kittle isn't playing and that is pretty clear, IMO. Drop Samuel. You should get him back.

Trey Burton never recovered from his sports hernia surgery. His season is a wash. You could go with Ben Braunecker from the Bears. Who caught a TD last week and should get continue red zone looks. They finally gave up and gave Adam Shaheen a healthy scratch last week. So, Braunecker has that role now. He's a Harvard boy. First game in it? He scored. Just saying. Probably better than Burton if you do go that route. Not better than the other options.

I kind of like Gesicki but it's a tough matchup. It just seems like he's going to consistently see some opportunity. As opposed to those other guys who are often just ghosts.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drop Green

add Knox or eiffert… probably eiffert

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've waited out AJ Green for over two months and now you're going to drop him for Noah Fant or OJ Howard? I couldn't do that. Kittle isn't playing and that is pretty clear, IMO. Drop Samuel. You should get him back.

Trey Burton never recovered from his sports hernia surgery. His season is a wash. You could go with Ben Braunecker from the Bears. Who caught a TD last week and should get continue red zone looks. They finally gave up and gave Adam Shaheen a healthy scratch last week. So, Braunecker has that role now. He's a Harvard boy. First game in it? He scored. Just saying. Probably better than Burton if you do go that route. Not better than the other options.

I kind of like Gesicki but it's a tough matchup. It just seems like he's going to consistently see some opportunity. As opposed to those other guys who are often just ghosts.
I just traded for Green a couple of weeks ago. He was basically a throw in when I dealt for Mahomes.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Green - I also think that the latest swelling in his recovery attempt is a terrible sign for him to play and make a meaningful impact for fantasy this year. Couple that with Finley instead of Dalton, and I bailed on Green, even after carrying him for the 8-9wks.

thankfully he came at an extreme discount on draft day, so not really hurting anybody unless they are in deep leagues

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Green - I also think that the latest swelling in his recovery attempt is a terrible sign for him to play and make a meaningful impact for fantasy this year. Couple that with Finley instead of Dalton, and I bailed on Green, even after carrying him for the 8-9wks.

thankfully he came at an extreme discount on draft day, so not really hurting anybody unless they are in deep leagues
I was able to trade Green for Engram couple weeks ago. Now he's on the waiver wire. Put a bid in for him. Think I should cancel that?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to trade Green for Engram couple weeks ago. Now he's on the waiver wire. Put a bid in for him. Think I should cancel that?
Depends on who you are dropping for him, I guess. They are acting like he wants to play and is planning on playing at some point before the end of the season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who you are dropping for him, I guess. They are acting like he wants to play and is planning on playing at some point before the end of the season.
Royce's Freeman would be who I drop. Have Chubb, conner,Carson and Coleman for RBs.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce's Freeman would be who I drop. Have Chubb, conner,Carson and Coleman for RBs.

you do have plenty of decent RB options. worth a gamble, but I wouldn't expect much (or spend much FAAB or waste a high waiver claim spot) until we get some new info on this latest set back

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call. What do your WRs look like? Royce is probably not going to crack your lineup unless there are a couple injuries. But you would hate to throw him back in the pool and watch Lindsay get hurt. He turns into a solid play if that happens.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call. What do your WRs look like? Royce is probably not going to crack your lineup unless there are a couple injuries. But you would hate to throw him back in the pool and watch Lindsay get hurt. He turns into a solid play if that happens.
Golladay, Adam's, Thielen and Watkins.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golladay, Adam's, Thielen and Watkins.

Really tough call. It's possible that AJ doesn't play this year at all. Also possible that he does and puts up respectable numbers that could help you make the playoffs and advance. You can say the same for Freeman. I think if it is me, I stick with Freeman. That, or dump him for one of your starting RBs' cuffs, if they are available. I feel like RB depth is more important than WR depth when you are making a playoff push/run.

Any chance you can trade Freeman to the Lindsay owner in a 2 for 1 deal and get an upgrade somewhere? Maybe QB or TE or, hell, even a defense or K?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, drop green. Rookie QB may not help either.
Just saw Knox might be banged up.
Fant seems to be gaining targets since Flacco was yanked.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really tough call. It's possible that AJ doesn't play this year at all. Also possible that he does and puts up respectable numbers that could help you make the playoffs and advance. You can say the same for Freeman. I think if it is me, I stick with Freeman. That, or dump him for one of your starting RBs' cuffs, if they are available. I feel like RB depth is more important than WR depth when you are making a playoff push/run.

Any chance you can trade Freeman to the Lindsay owner in a 2 for 1 deal and get an upgrade somewhere? Maybe QB or TE or, hell, even a defense or K?
Trade deadline passed already in this league. I traded for Chubbs, Conners and Thielen at the deadline. Really need Thielen to get healthy.
I agree that RB depth is more important, but feel I'm really shallow at WR, not sure if Green helps but if he ever decides to get back on the field he could/should really help and at some point he is going to want to do that for his next contract....in theory.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd drop Green for Howard.