• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andy Greene As An Alternate?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here comes the same old dance about the "bad contracts". Consider that the Devils would have needed to pay Parise $25M in 12M and 1Day. Which is substantially more than the $20M over 4 years we gave rolston. More than the $18M we paid White over 6 years. AND, here comes the real absolute, nail in the coffin kicker. We paid/would have paid in a full season Ilya, in actual cash, 23M over his 3 full seasons with the team. So the idea that the Parise contract is even in the same stratosphere is ridiculous. Minny lost $30 this season because of the crazy bonuses. Not the slightest chance JVB could have weathered that.

So after concluding that, and without even touching the league minimum 4th line zero risk acquisitions, I say JVBs money problem was a real issue.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here comes the same old dance about the "bad contracts". Consider that the Devils would have needed to pay Parise $25M in 12M and 1Day. Which is substantially more than the $20M over 4 years we gave rolston. More than the $18M we paid White over 6 years. AND, here comes the real absolute, nail in the coffin kicker. We paid/would have paid in a full season Ilya, in actual cash, 23M over his 3 full seasons with the team. So the idea that the Parise contract is even in the same stratosphere is ridiculous. Minny lost $30 this season because of the crazy bonuses. Not the slightest chance JVB could have weathered that.

So after concluding that, and without even touching the league minimum 4th line zero risk acquisitions, I say JVBs money problem was a real issue.

ok first off on the kovy deal beek actually made out money wise on that deal.

now onto the parise deal. your comparing what he got AFTER a bidding war as a UFA. that just doesn't make sense. thats like saying " did you want the devils to give gomez the contract the rangers did?" no i wouldnt but thats why you sign them BEFORE they get to the insane bidding wars. if gomez resigned with the devils do you actually think his contract would've been anything close to the rangers? same goes with parise if the devils gave him a deal a year or two before he hit ufa he WOULD NEVER have got that signing bonus.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From the guy who wanted to trade Marty....ignore

LOL

greatest goalie of all time should be able to steal a playoff series every now and then

but i'm talking to the people that think salvador got a good contract and rolston was a great signing

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

in more simple terms. before the ufa bidding began do you think the devils would've gave him that kind of signing bonus? do you think his contract would've been that big?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

greatest goalie of all time should be able to steal a playoff series every now and then

He stole the 03 finals if you consider the fact Giggy won the Conn Smythe and he stole the run in the playoffs considering the team damn sure wasn't scoring at will.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He stole the 03 finals if you consider the fact Giggy won the Conn Smythe and he stole the run in the playoffs considering the team damn sure wasn't scoring at will.

yes he did "steal" that run playing playing behind 2 hall of fame d men. playing a defensive style in the old dead puck era of the nhl.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, he outdueled the MVP. Stevens and Neids weren't in the running. Him and Giggy were. If that's not stealing, I don't know what is

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just saying, he outdueled the MVP. Stevens and Neids weren't in the running. Him and Giggy were. If that's not stealing, I don't know what is

at the time i was mad marty didn't win the mvp but i understand why he didnt

jiggy "stole" every playoff series for the ducks that year. he got them 1 win away from the cup. marty and company won the cup

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, Marty is the only reason we made it to the finals in 2012, particularly the Rangers series where he stood on his head.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Um, Marty is the only reason we made it to the finals in 2012, particularly the Rangers series where he stood on his head.

i agree he did play well. did he steal the series? i dunno i mean he did get some clutch goal support game 5 being a perfect example. blows a 3-0 lead and get that timely 4th goal to win it.

then in the finals he couldnt steal a overtime game at home. nor could he help kill a pk in game 6

imo great great great players rise up and in those situations "STEAL" a series. i think the world steal is really thrown around too much. i put it on a higher level

imo if marty kills off that 5min pp the devils win the game and the cup. that would go down probably as the greatest comeback in sport history. but he couldnt pull it off. don't give me the "its a team sport" when we are talking hockey it all starts and stops in goal.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i agree he did play well. did he steal the series? i dunno i mean he did get some clutch goal support game 5 being a perfect example. blows a 3-0 lead and get that timely 4th goal to win it.

then in the finals he couldnt steal a overtime game at home. nor could he help kill a pk in game 6

imo great great great players rise up and in those situations "STEAL" a series. i think the world steal is really thrown around too much. i put it on a higher level

imo if marty kills off that 5min pp the devils win the game and the cup. that would go down probably as the greatest comeback in sport history. but he couldnt pull it off. don't give me the "its a team sport" when we are talking hockey it all starts and stops in goal.

RE that rangers series he stole it twice in the last 10 minutes of the third in game 6.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,3,316&lang=en

Not to mention this monster:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, mindless Marty and Lou hating aside, who do you think gets the A? Greene? Zajac? Truth?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Greene had an "A" on his jersey again today at the NYSE