• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andre Carter signed

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Ninkovich 2013 sacks: 1.0

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While they're at it maybe they can find a couple of LBs that can cover. I hate to say it but...I did say I'd make Hightower and Spikes cover if I was an opposing OC. Not that it took a lot of brains to figure out. Carter won't cure the trouble in the middle of the field but he will play hard and give whatever he has left.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great cause we need a DE right now and not DT

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While they're at it maybe they can find a couple of LBs that can cover. I hate to say it but...I did say I'd make Hightower and Spikes cover if I was an opposing OC. Not that it took a lot of brains to figure out. Carter won't cure the trouble in the middle of the field but he will play hard and give whatever he has left.
where jamie collins i thought he was supposed to be our coverage lb? thats what everyone was preaching in the draft. bust? ....

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter makes the team better. He's near the end of his career and doesn't directly fix any of their injury woes, but he'll play hard, he has talent, he knows the system and he's a solid locker room presence.

With that in mind, thinking of this as a reactive signing to losing Mayo and Wilfork is probably wrong; it's a proactive signing where they saw a guy who would give them good value, so they went for it. They still need to address the middle of the field, but he makes them just a bit better anyway.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where jamie collins i thought he was supposed to be our coverage lb? thats what everyone was preaching in the draft. bust? ....

He was supposed to have experience in several spots but maybe he's been stuck in the learning curve. He should get plenty of reps to figure it out. I hope he can play at a high level at some point this year and start next year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins may or may not be able to be a coverage linebacker but he hasn't been used in that role yet. We may see what happens. Remember mayo just went down and they may not have started prepping him for that role yet because they didn't have a strong chance at him seeing the field at backer often from a personnel perspective without that injury and he has other areas to learn to play in this defense. Maybe the injury changes their approach with him.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW...awesome move....another DE to play behind CJ, Nink, Buchannon.....maybe CJ moves inside more?
We need LB's that can cover. cause Hightower is not the answer. I think Collins is going to be a better NFL player than Hightower, kid is terrible, and last week showed that.