• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

American Sniper (2014)

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should post this in the Political Forum, but juice up the OP a little more. :heh:
Hey in there at least Liberal Icon, NavyNuke and Flyerhawk would console Kramer and give him a very soft handed hug of support.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the OP... well done. Many respondents here did not disappoint and took it all: hook...line....sinker. :thumb:

f2.jpg

To those who responded to the OP... you folks need to realize when you are baited into a thread which obviously screams of:
look at me!... Look At Me!... LOOK AT ME!... I MATTER AND NEED SOME VALIDATION!... AND I"M GONNA USE THE INTER-WEBS TO GET THAT VALIDATION!... AND MY OPINION IS IMPORTANT!
:tsk:
:scratch: Didn't you just do the same thing? Only you thought your opinion was so important you used all caps.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: Didn't you just do the same thing? Only you thought your opinion was so important you used all caps.

No... you didn't get it.

The caps statement was a 'parody in the voice' of the original attention seeker. Go back and read it again, and notice the build-up in the gradual use of caps, indicating a growing state of exclamation, sorta like a child stomping for attention and becoming increasingly loud with his continued rant for attention.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted that I didn't like a movie that most people do in the correct forum. When I see Jurassic World next week I'll post that I liked that movie most likely. I hope that will be ok.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I didn't really care for the Exorcist in the other thread, but nobody went all batshit crazy on me. :eek:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion of the movie?

I thought it was a great movie. It brought out the best and the worst in Chris Kyle. It brought you the reality of a sniper. And I did like it.

Now, I probably won't choose to watch it again, unless I want to show it to someone else who hasn't seen it. If it came out on Netflix today, I probably wouldn't choose it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need political propaganda shoved down my throat. This film disgusted me. If that was the goal then well done, Mr. Eastwood.

I know my opinion is in the minority and that's ok.

I don't know about the reason you didn't like it, but I was pretty much nonplussed by the whole thing.

I tended to find it slow and plodding.

And for the record, rally 'round the flag stuff usually doesn't get me excited either.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have been brainwashed before you ever tried watching this movie. How does this film disgust you? It should have educated you on what war is about and how it effects soldiers trying to come home and assimilate back to normalcy.

Douggie - The brainwashing in this country is just a joke. If you even brush the skin of a lefty, they are offended.

OP - Is there anything that won't offend you? Or are you just in need of some attention, so you started this thread? American Sniper is one helluva story man. The guy kept going back to fight for this country.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen this yet but its not the subject matter that is slowing me down. Its Clint. Clint has directed 37 movies and I feel very few are very good. Most are not terrible either, but I find his directorial efforts average at best.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I felt a little let down after watching this movie. It was billed as such a great movie and it really wasn't a "great" movie. Bradley Cooper gives a solid performance...but most of the movie lacks in other ways.
Soon after watching this movie I watched "Fury". It was so much better IMO.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected these responses and I respect every one of them. I have no hate for any of you. I just cannot see how killing that many people is in any way considered to be a good thing. .

Then believe it or not....you actually got some of the the point that Eastwood was trying to get across. Like you said, killing that many people is not good. It reeks havoc on the mind and the soul.

Whether you buy in or not, our young men join the military not to become assassins. Really most of them join because they need a job, insurance, food and a roof over their head and don't have skills or the education to get out of the hole.

Never has our Solider had to endure multiple tours 4, 5 and 6 deployments. I've sent some men 6 times to Iraq and Afghanistan since 9/11 and the emotional toll on combat Soldiers is off the charts.

That movie was never intended to make you feel good. If why you hate the movie is because you have a pit in your stomach. Then you got what was presented.

Seeing a movie where one man had to kill a 10 year old child and had documented over 100 kills was never intended to be a feel good movie.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good war movie - The Deer Hunter. Very good movie with great actors who became famous after this movie.

The film stars Robert De Niro, Christopher Walkin, John Savage, John Cazale, Meryl Streep and George Dzundza.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected these responses and I respect every one of them. I have no hate for any of you. I just cannot see how killing that many people is in any way considered to be a good thing. I'm sorry, but I just can't.

Yes, I had pre-conceived notions going into the viewing. Yes, they did did sway my opinion.

He was doing his JOB.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good war movie - The Deer Hunter. Very good movie with great actors who became famous after this movie.

The film stars Robert De Niro, Christopher Walkin, John Savage, John Cazale, Meryl Streep and George Dzundza.

Platoon was probably my favorite. Someone above mentioned Pvt Ryan was another. A sniper movie I liked was Enemy at the Gate which was about Nazi Germany invading Stallengrad.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then believe it or not....you actually got some of the the point that Eastwood was trying to get across. Like you said, killing that many people is not good. It reeks havoc on the mind and the soul.

That movie was never intended to make you feel good. If why you hate the movie is because you have a pit in your stomach. Then you got what was presented.

Seeing a movie where one man had to kill a 10 year old child and had documented over 100 kills was never intended to be a feel good movie.

Yeah, this is what I was about to post about when reading the thread. It's not like American Sniper is supposed to be an endorsement of sniping en masse. I mean, the film depicts the psychological trauma he goes through pretty intensely. However, the film does go through the ethics pretty well and how it may be a necessary sacrifice in certain situations. It certainly isn't a rah-rah film by any means. It seems the entire film went over Kramer's head.

And for the life of me, I can't understand why the left targets this movie. There are some movies which glorify absurd levels of killing. Kingsman, for instance, has a scene where we see a character (who, to be fair is brainwashed), killing literally an entire church full of people in five minutes. Taken or any other movie like that will kill far more people off. The Dark Knight Rises featured more deaths and a far, far more conservative message. It seems the left dislikes American Sniper precisely because conservatives' love of the movie shows we have a soul and can consider the nuanced ramifications of war. It doesn't fit their worldview.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Platoon was probably my favorite. Someone above mentioned Pvt Ryan was another. A sniper movie I liked was Enemy at the Gate which was about Nazi Germany invading Stallengrad.

Enemy at the Gate was a great movie !