• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amadio To Sens

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings send Amadio to Ottawa in exchange for Dman Christian Wolanin.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings send Amadio to Ottawa in exchange for Dman Christian Wolanin.

Not surprised and a shame actually.

He has some offensive skill and is very well versed in the details of things but he could never put it together in LA. He's like Nick Shore with more offensive capability but never showed it consistently, and I don't even know WTF happened this season - only 2A in 20 games for a guy who just 2 years ago looked like he may be taking that step to solidifying a B6 center position like Stoll or Fraser or something but the wheels just fell off. With so many prospects coming up this was a make or break year for him but after seeing him the last half of last season and all this season it was obvious he was not part of the long term plan.

Plus when your draft draft day photo looks like something out of Dumb and Dumber, your NHL career may be off to an auspicious start anyway.

=)~~

1617058430315.png

Wolanin will be a depth piece and mostly for Ontario I'm assuming unless the injury to Maata is longer than expected. His dad was a solid, shut down defender (Craig Wolanin, part of the 1995-96 Lanche Cup team) and an anchor for the Nordiques when they were doormats in the early 1990s. He's a bit more offensive than pops but less physical and leaner. He has 1 more year left on his contract and will be an RFA next summer, could be a audition to see if he fits in.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get this move. Wolanin cleared waivers 3 days ago. Why not take him then and ship Amadio for a 4th round pick or even a bag a pucks.
The return would still be more than just a straight up trade.

The only thing I can think of is that this is setting up a bigger deal Blake is working on. I may be giving him too much credit but he may have something
lined up that's going to see the Kings sending one of the young D in Ontario in an upcoming deal and he needs bodies when/if it's done.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get this move. Wolanin cleared waivers 3 days ago. Why not take him then and ship Amadio for a 4th round pick or even a bag a pucks.
The return would still be more than just a straight up trade.

The only thing I can think of is that this is setting up a bigger deal Blake is working on. I may be giving him too much credit but he may have something
lined up that's going to see the Kings sending one of the young D in Ontario in an upcoming deal and he needs bodies when/if it's done.
I read somewhere that it has something to do with the contracts. Didnt understand it much, but I am sure Puck can explain it.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that it has something to do with the contracts. Didnt understand it much, but I am sure Puck can explain it.

This deal was made for multiple reasons:

- gets Amadio out of the system, he was holding up a roster spot for one of the prospects and showed he didn't fit in long term in LA
- replaces that forward with a LD prospect, although I wouldn't exactly call Wolanin a prospect at age 24, more like project
- it does indeed have to do with contracts. An NHL team can carry up to 50 contracts at any time, that is the NHL roster and reserve list. Some young players on ELCs or in specific points in their careers are exempt from this limit. NHL teams can also only have a total of 100 players between the roster, minors and prospects. The Kings are aprooaching that 100 limit and they are forward heavy. They need to move people out.
- they swapped the F contract spot out for a D contract, which is good considering they have minimal depth at that position

Wolanin was showing to be possibly a D3 pairing prior to last year, he injured his shoulder and missed significant time. He was slotted to be the 4-6D in Ottawa prior to that, has some wheels, can man a PP2 unit and has an excellent stretch pass. D zone coverage needs work. I was surprised he lost his spot, most coaches say a player doesn't lose a spot due to injury but that wasn't the case when he returned, he had a lot more competition.

He not only found himself as the odd man out, he was also trying to get to game speed after missing so much time with the shoulder. Kind of a raw deal for him but he was unable to prove himself and here we are.

Low risk move, he fits that mid 20s players range the Kings are lacking. If he regains his form, he could be a decent depth piece for LA. If not, ED fodder, Ontario stalwart or moved out of the organization.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This deal was made for multiple reasons:

- gets Amadio out of the system, he was holding up a roster spot for one of the prospects and showed he didn't fit in long term in LA
- replaces that forward with a LD prospect, although I wouldn't exactly call Wolanin a prospect at age 24, more like project
- it does indeed have to do with contracts. An NHL team can carry up to 50 contracts at any time, that is the NHL roster and reserve list. Some young players on ELCs or in specific points in their careers are exempt from this limit. NHL teams can also only have a total of 100 players between the roster, minors and prospects. The Kings are aprooaching that 100 limit and they are forward heavy. They need to move people out.
- they swapped the F contract spot out for a D contract, which is good considering they have minimal depth at that position

Wolanin was showing to be possibly a D3 pairing prior to last year, he injured his shoulder and missed significant time. He was slotted to be the 4-6D in Ottawa prior to that, has some wheels, can man a PP2 unit and has an excellent stretch pass. D zone coverage needs work. I was surprised he lost his spot, most coaches say a player doesn't lose a spot due to injury but that wasn't the case when he returned, he had a lot more competition.

He not only found himself as the odd man out, he was also trying to get to game speed after missing so much time with the shoulder. Kind of a raw deal for him but he was unable to prove himself and here we are.

Low risk move, he fits that mid 20s players range the Kings are lacking. If he regains his form, he could be a decent depth piece for LA. If not, ED fodder, Ontario stalwart or moved out of the organization.
Thanks Puck. I had a sneaking suspicion that you would have more info on this.