• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I overreacting?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing tonight's game, there's no way I can see us being a playoff contender...(grant it its months away)

I mean, the Bruins constantly brought it while our bodies seemed to get tired or slower sooner than Boston did IMO...

Maybe we hit a wall or a slope but I definitely did not come away from this confident in our Devils to play a full game with high level energy...

PS, I swear if Moose comes out again for a puck I'm going to jump into the ice and beat him...(at least fantasize doing it)

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After seeing tonight's game, there's no way I can see us being a playoff contender...(grant it its months away)

I mean, the Bruins constantly brought it while our bodies seemed to get tired or slower sooner than Boston did IMO...

Maybe we hit a wall or a slope but I definitely did not come away from this confident in our Devils to play a full game with high level energy...

PS, I swear if Moose comes out again for a puck I'm going to jump into the ice and beat him...(at least fantasize doing it)

Wait until some of our forwards start coming back. It's night and day without Kovy there to threaten the opposition. Even though he hasn't scored much this year, you still need to respect his skill. Also, Zajac is sorely, sorely, missed.

Besides, the cup comes down to which team is the hottest in the playoffs anyway.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My expectations from the start of the season were that the Devils make the playoffs and get eliminated in 5 games.

their play so far is what I expected.

Look at the Rags and Caps last year. teams relying on rookie Dmen will never succeed.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wait until some of our forwards start coming back. It's night and day without Kovy there to threaten the opposition. Even though he hasn't scored much this year, you still need to respect his skill. Also, Zajac is sorely, sorely, missed.

Besides, the cup comes down to which team is the hottest in the playoffs anyway.

Team made some bad mistakes last night. From Larsson, Hedberg, but you are totally right. We are missing top players. I dont think Boston totally outplayed us. Mostly stupid mistakes and times Devils could have capitalized on chances.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One positive I can take from last night is that we battled back..down 2-1 like 5 seconds into the 3rd and then we tie it..down 3-2 and we tie it quickly..unfortunately their 4th goal was very soft and we couldnt get it in the net during that final push. Would've been nice to get atleast a point out of last night but Im convinced once Zajac gets back this team will start flying. Hopefully thats soon though.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah.... I just don't like seeing how slow we were or drained if that makes sense in late moments of the game....

Kovy & Zajac!!!! :Cry:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are overreacting a bit. This team certainly has it's flaws but I think we can improve on them. As stated we're missing some top line guys, and we did battle back more than once, so there's some positives to take out of this. Not to mention the Bruins are on a tear right now, and although they outplayed us I didn't think we looked completely out of place on the ice against them.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only time we looked outplayed was in the final 10 mins with the great foreheck of the bruins.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In response to the OP, Yes, i think you're overreacting.