• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All star break approaches as rangers visit Baltimore 07/13-07/15

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.....I believe we all want Gallo to succeed b/c if he does, it's high cotton for all of us; especially him.

But it bothers me considerably how his attitude seems to be so set on doing it his way, and the hell with anyone who doesn't agree with it.

On the same subject, you saw what the Astro's did with Giles after his latest ass-showing didn't ya?
They sure stuck with him for a while as their closer. I was always glad to see him come in the game.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Subscription site but I think this is a great article

Rosenthal said they unlocked this one. Wonder if you need the app. I went ahead and subscribed earlier this year

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t care one way or another about Choo being pinch hit or not. I also don’t necessarily buy into Gallo arrogance keeping him making adjustments. He is likely trying but whatever changes are happening are at a snail pace. The article gives some insight into the thought process of all involved

He will need to produce at some point and I do think it is worth the time to work with him this season. He is lucky personally that this season is a lost cause for the playoffs or he would have to work it out in the minors

He must get better when wins count or we need someone who can get the job done. Truth

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI Angels Richards gonna get Tommy John. That screwed up his FA

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is lucky personally that this season is a lost cause for the playoffs or he would have to work it out in the minors

Why is him going to the minors such a sore spot with you? Don't get this at all. Hell, he's earned his demotion with flying colors.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is him going to the minors such a sore spot with you? Don't get this at all. Hell, he's earned his demotion with flying colors.

I’d be in favor of sending Gallo down and playing Guzman everyday

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been juat about the biggest Joey Gallo fan that I can be, but I have been in favor of sending him down for a few weeks now. It isn't about him learning how to hit AAA pitching. It is about him getting a wake up call and an attitude adjustment.

While he is down there he should learn to be grateful to play 3B instead of letting it be known he would rather play some other position.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think it will help unless he goes down to overhaul his swing. I think burying him in the order here at least allows his to see and learn how to recognize MLB pitching.

One counterpoint is a reset to perhaps regain confidence. Perhaps then being sent down could be good. JD alluded to others deserving the chance to do what Gallo has done for two years. We have a lot of holes not just Gallo though. The whole offense minus Choo not so good. Need a lot more from all including Beltre, Elvis DDJ and Mazara

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been juat about the biggest Joey Gallo fan that I can be, but I have been in favor of sending him down for a few weeks now. It isn't about him learning how to hit AAA pitching. It is about him getting a wake up call and an attitude adjustment.

While he is down there he should learn to be grateful to play 3B instead of letting it be known he would rather play some other position.

Attitude adjustment? Not so sure about that. I think Giles was sent down because he did not get the job done not because he was mouthy and even insubordinate if trying to infer

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attitude adjustment? Not so sure about that. I think Giles was sent down because he did not get the job done not because he was mouthy and even insubordinate if trying to infer
My thoughts had nothing to do with Giles. Like I said, I have thought this way for a few weeks now and I just read something about Giles 30 minutes ago.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting take. We have nirtured high maintenance guys like a Josh and Matt B though. JJ not so much

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a point which hasn't been discussed all that much 'anywhere' and it made me sratch my head when he came out with "I hate playing 3rd base" comments. What? One helluva time to let us know. Why didn't he bring this up 2 years ago and we could have made adjustments in playing him, plus allowing us to look at our future lineup differently? I know some, perhaps many, questioned if he's make it at 3rd, but few, if any, had any idea it was going to be self composed.

I don’t think it will help unless he goes down to overhaul his swing. I think burying him in the order here at least allows his to see and learn how to recognize MLB pitching.

One counterpoint is a reset to perhaps regain confidence. Perhaps then being sent down could be good. JD alluded to others deserving the chance to do what Gallo has done for two years. We have a lot of holes not just Gallo though. The whole offense minus Choo not so good. Need a lot more from all including Beltre, Elvis DDJ and Mazara

'Learn and recognize MLB pitching'....What? He's hitting .191.

I don't doubt his confidence is rattled. I know mine sure is. But then you mention Elvis and Maz and both of these guys are doing fine. Elvis should be given some slack due to extended injury too. Maz is on pace to have around 100 RBI AGAIN, and at his age is fantastic.

You've just got some kind of Gallo colored glasses on which I can't understand.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting take. We have nirtured high maintenance guys like a Josh and Matt B though. JJ not so much

Acquiring Relievers can be very hit or miss for some reason when trading at the deadline.

Koji uehara was kicking ass with the Orioles. We traded for him and he sucked while he was here.

Mike Adams pitched better for the padres then he did for us.

Sam dyson is actually having a decent season for the giants. He was terrible last year with the rangers.

Kind of makes you wonder.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mazara is ranked 14th in the league in His OPS and is 100points behind Choo. He is not near elite level YET. Yes his RBIs are great but the point is this whoLE team needs to improve even one of our better ones.

You think there is an argument with me they Gallo needs or really must improve. Only issue is where this takes place. In the majors oe in MILB Big segment on this site says send him down. I can just see it both ways in this lost season.

Regardless. Being able to recognize a ball off the hand of pitchers and devloping a swing with less holes is crucial, i

I just think Gallo is singled out as a convenient whipping boy. 18 strikeouts against Boston. 8 by Rua and Gallo. Sheesh I think my vision is a bit more broad and sees issues with more than one guy

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acquiring Relievers can be very hit or miss for some reason when trading at the deadline.

Koji uehara was kicking ass with the Orioles. We traded for him and he sucked while he was here.

Mike Adams pitched better for the padres then he did for us.

Sam dyson is actually having a decent season for the giants. He was terrible last year with the rangers.

Kind of makes you wonder.

Poiint is JD got us talent. Just did not work here as hoped

but then Gomez did and our pen has been one of brightest spots on team. Colon although a 5 SP has exceeded expectations. Minor has done ok and a value. Just no legit #1 and #2 on this team It isn’t Hamels although hoping he is considered a backside SP piece for a playoff rotation.

Next point JD got us no real talent this last offseason ......going to have to wait

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mazara is ranked 14th in the league in His OPS and is 100points behind Choo. He is not near elite level YET. Yes his RBIs are great but the point is this whoLE team needs to improve even one of our better ones.

You think there is an argument with me they Gallo needs or really must improve. Only issue is where this takes place. In the majors oe in MILB Big segment on this site says send him down. I can just see it both ways in this lost season.

Regardless. Being able to recognize a ball off the hand of pitchers and devloping a swing with less holes is crucial, i

I just think Gallo is singled out as a convenient whipping boy. 18 strikeouts against Boston. 8 by Rua and Gallo. Sheesh I think my vision is a bit more broad and sees issues with more than one guy

The problem I see is his attitude to change. No evidence of improvement or desire to try. I disagree that he is a whipping boy rather a hard headed individual that thus far has refused to seek help/advice.

He may turn out to be a great asset to someone but not here the way he is going. By the way, Sales gets credit for most of Boston's strikeouts and Rua should not be compared to Gallo either. Rua has been bounced around like a rubber ball where as Gallo has been in almost every game doing little. I also believe we all want him to do well. That is up to him. If he draw criticism, it's all on himself at this point.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyson Ross took a no-hitter into the 6th during his first start in Texas. I know because I was there. Certain stats can be cherry-picked to fit a narrative.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I see is his attitude to change. No evidence of improvement or desire to try. I disagree that he is a whipping boy rather a hard headed individual that thus far has refused to seek help/advice.

He may turn out to be a great asset to someone but not here the way he is going. By the way, Sales gets credit for most of Boston's strikeouts and Rua should not be compared to Gallo either. Rua has been bounced around like a rubber ball where as Gallo has been in almost every game doing little. I also believe we all want him to do well. That is up to him. If he draw criticism, it's all on himself at this point.

I can see you and Dons point and of course it bears merit. Without being on the inside I just can not attribute it to stubbornness. The article in the Athletic supports this. He knows he is not getting the job done but having a hard time making the necessary changes and it is necessary.
Wish you read it

But one thing is certain He must improve to stay here or in the lineup. When we are ready to legitimately compete we need the best guys on the field and we have for now likely a better hitter in AAA with Calhoun.

Hoping with some movement of some players things shake up a bit

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see you and Dons point and of course it bears merit. Without being on the inside I just can not attribute it to stubbornness. The article in the Athletic supports this. He knows he is not getting the job done but having a hard time making the necessary changes and it is necessary.
Wish you read it

But one thing is certain He must improve to stay here or in the lineup. When we are ready to legitimately compete we need the best guys on the field and we have for now likely a better hitter in AAA with Calhoun.

Hoping with some movement of some players things shake up a bit
I do think his refusal to change. Saw a interview where the reporter asked what happened to going the other way. His reply was that, he is not here to do that. He said his job was to hit homeruns. So until someone gets thru that thick skull, expect to see more of the same. Batting under the Mendoza line and 200 strikeouts.