• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alfaro is out for season.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jorge Alfaro will not play for the Phillies until next season. He has an ankle injury that already existed before the trade. When the Phillies announced this trade the injury was not mentioned. In fact people were wondering when he would report to Reading to see playing time. That means we traded for two players who were on the DL for the rest of the season. That is almost unheard of!

On a side note: Cole Hamels is struggling: He has pitched 13.2 innings for the Rangers and allowed 9 runs
on 16 hits. Also he gave up 5 homeruns and has a 5.93 era so far. All this following a no hitter. He will probably settle in after he adopts to the change. The other man in the trade: Jake Diekman is doing great!
He has allowed just one hit in 6 innings of relief. No runs , 5 Ks, and just 2 walks. Go Figure!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is simply not true.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alfaro's ankle injury was common knowledge before the trade and was mentioned in hamels for crap thread and prospect update for dummies. None of the reports I read were sure if he'd play this year.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is simply not true.
Ok, I made a mistake. Looking back to the trade announcements it did mention about Alfaros foot injury.
However it would have helped if you mentioned an article that proved your "untrue" statement, PhiLLies.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of the same BS. This is rapidly becoming like asswipe care. They have to pass it to know what is in it. Same here. Do the deal and then find out what you get later.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jorge Alfaro will not play for the Phillies until next season. He has an ankle injury that already existed before the trade. When the Phillies announced this trade the injury was not mentioned. In fact people were wondering when he would report to Reading to see playing time. That means we traded for two players who were on the DL for the rest of the season. That is almost unheard of!

On a side note: Cole Hamels is struggling: He has pitched 13.2 innings for the Rangers and allowed 9 runs
on 16 hits. Also he gave up 5 homeruns and has a 5.93 era so far. All this following a no hitter. He will probably settle in after he adopts to the change. The other man in the trade: Jake Diekman is doing great!
He has allowed just one hit in 6 innings of relief. No runs , 5 Ks, and just 2 walks. Go Figure!

Huh?? Every single article that I read regarding this trade, mentioned Alfaro's injury.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of the same BS. This is rapidly becoming like asswipe care. They have to pass it to know what is in it. Same here. Do the deal and then find out what you get later.
I made a mistake retro. After reading further, the trade article mentioned Alfaros injury. But yet, it does not change the fact that we traded for 2 guys on the DL. One of them a player that may never pitch again!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree, Northeast. Who trades an active somewhat productive veteran for mash unit casualties in this day and age of baseball?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a mistake retro. After reading further, the trade article mentioned Alfaros injury. But yet, it does not change the fact that we traded for 2 guys on the DL. One of them a player that may never pitch again!

No Mistakes. Tomorrow, you will be taken out and shot.