• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alexander

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semin makes 6.7 this year, then is a UFA.

see that's the kind fo risk i'm ok with the flyers taking.. i dont know if they're even discussing it, but contracts like that.. yes 6.7 is a big hit, but you're risking one year. if he pans out, great, he helped you immensely this year and you can try to sign him longer.. if he doesn't pan out, youre not trapped by him

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not worth the money or cap space, imo.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not worth the money or cap space, imo.

i think it would depend on what we gave up.. semin is a flash in the pan type player, if he's on this year, he's well worth the 6.7.. and a 1 year deal (in essence) is worth the risk to me, cap wise at least..

it would depend on everything they had to give up to 1. get him and 2. fit him under the cap.. dont wanna be a hypocrit and say that 6.7 is ok for semin and stamkos isn't worth 8+

though to be honest i see them as playing the same role. goal scorers and thats it.. stamkos does it a little better, expecting 50 from him isn't outrageous, but i dont think expecting 35+ from semin is outrageous

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it would depend on what we gave up.. semin is a flash in the pan type player, if he's on this year, he's well worth the 6.7.. and a 1 year deal (in essence) is worth the risk to me, cap wise at least..

it would depend on everything they had to give up to 1. get him and 2. fit him under the cap.. dont wanna be a hypocrit and say that 6.7 is ok for semin and stamkos isn't worth 8+

though to be honest i see them as playing the same role. goal scorers and thats it.. stamkos does it a little better, expecting 50 from him isn't outrageous, but i dont think expecting 35+ from semin is outrageous

Yeah, I hear ya. I just tend to view Stamkos as a sure thing. I don't feel the same way about Semin. 6.7 is a lot and I think we could get something better with that amount of money.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hear ya. I just tend to view Stamkos as a sure thing. I don't feel the same way about Semin. 6.7 is a lot and I think we could get something better with that amount of money.

Oh no doubt. I agree that Stamkos is more of sure thing. I'm not ready to call him an absolute sure thing though until he plays without St. Louis. And 8+ is even more!

I dont normally like guys who's only function is to score goals. They can go on a cold streak, through no fault of their own, but then they are useless to the team and guys that are good pure goal scorers cost way too much money to be useless for a month at a time

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt. I agree that Stamkos is more of sure thing. I'm not ready to call him an absolute sure thing though until he plays without St. Louis. And 8+ is even more!

I dont normally like guys who's only function is to score goals. They can go on a cold streak, through no fault of their own, but then they are useless to the team and guys that are good pure goal scorers cost way too much money to be useless for a month at a time

I don't disagree with you. However, I do that Stamkos would be able to produce just as well with some one like Giroux or Briere. Either one of them could switch to wing to play with him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you. However, I do that Stamkos would be able to produce just as well with some one like Giroux or Briere. Either one of them could switch to wing to play with him.

Thats a fair expectation i think. Im just not sure of it. The other thing that concerns me with Stammer is 50-75% of his goals come from the top of a circle on a one-timer.. i know it hasn't happened yet, but teams will figure out a way to shut that down

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
semin is russian correct? i think it pains the FO already with the amount of russians/czechs on this team (which isnt even that many) but i don't expect any more to be added.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
semin is russian correct? i think it pains the FO already with the amount of russians/czechs on this team (which isnt even that many) but i don't expect any more to be added.

fair point.. jagr, bob, bryz, voracek.. that's 4 more russians than the flyers have had in the past 10 years combined!

prolly exaggerating.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair point.. jagr, bob, bryz, voracek.. that's 4 more russians than the flyers have had in the past 10 years combined!

prolly exaggerating.

I think Jagr and Voracek are Czechs, not Russians.