• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith Shows Poise Article

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Smith showed the poise and polish of a veteran in San Francisco's 33-17 victory over Seattle on Sunday, guiding the offense slowly but steadily and giving a glimpse of promise to a franchise long waiting for him to prove his worth.

He didn't lose the game for the Niners and I am happy for that but the comment above seems over the top.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, are we really waiting on "glimpses of promise" from Smith?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Smith showed the poise and polish of a veteran in San Francisco's 33-17 victory over Seattle on Sunday, guiding the offense slowly but steadily and giving a glimpse of promise to a franchise long waiting for him to prove his worth.

He didn't lose the game for the Niners and I am happy for that but the comment above seems over the top.

Agreed 100%. Call it like it is; he managed the game and did not lose it for the Niners but not a whole lot more. Could have been though that Harbaugh kept a tight rein on him. I have a feeling though that Smith is only going to get better as the year goes on and Harbaugh gains trust in him.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his numbers looked a lot better after his near benching against philly. that was the glimpse in case u missed it

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his numbers looked a lot better after his near benching against philly. that was the glimpse in case u missed it

Congratulations. You used an anomaly as basis for your argument. Alex Smith looked good in one game? Well, in that case, let's give him three more years. Maybe we might see a couple of more games like that.

And in case YOU missed it, Alex Smith always looks decent in the beginning of the season and after a benching, but guess what? He always reverts back to his inconsistent play.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A hint of a chance of a taste of a glimmer of a hope of a promise that Smith might be an average QB? I'll take it!!!

Smith is what he is - a somewhat decent game-manager when not making mistakes, a physically and mentally limited QB, that would make a great backup but a sub-par starter. I don't understand why some people are still waiting on Smith to show them something. He is what he is, why is that so hard to accept?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Smith is what he is - a somewhat decent game-manager when not making mistakes, a physically and mentally limited QB, that would make a great backup but a sub-par starter. I don't understand why some people are still waiting on Smith to show them something. He is what he is, why is that so hard to accept?

Harbaugh cannot hide Alex behind his ultra conservative game plan if he expects to have a chance, even in the NFC West. I think my UNDER for the Smith replacement was 6 games, and though I hope I am 100% wrong, I fear Dallas will move Smith one step closer to making me right.

Meanwhile, you are right; Smith is what he is, a back-up QB - at best..

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Harbaugh loses a game with that same game plan I will be upset. It was fine for week one against Seattle but I think it will be a mistake to go with it again.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blame Mike Nolan for throwing him under the bus in 2007 and Singletary's physical with an F offense...oh ya, the lockout too.

All I'm hoping for is Smith to be consistent for once in his career. You don't think Harbaugh could improve Smith's level of play, a little tiny bit??? Shit, we already got a back shoulder pass!!! When has that happen in the last 2 years?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Blame Mike Nolan for throwing him under the bus in 2007 and Singletary's physical with an F offense...oh ya, the lockout too.

All I'm hoping for is Smith to be consistent for once in his career. You don't think Harbaugh could improve Smith's level of play, a little tiny bit??? Shit, we already got a back shoulder pass!!! When has that happen in the last 2 years?

Those are legitimate excuses but I have no reason to believe he would be any good under Walsh, behind a Mckittrick line and throwing to Taylor and Rice.

The glimmers have been few and very far between and not all that bright.

The line is shaky, the lockout happened and he might not get a fair shake again but when do you cut bait and move on?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harbaugh loses a game with that same game plan I will be upset. It was fine for week one against Seattle but I think it will be a mistake to go with it again.

Yes! I want to see more Alex Smith and less Frank Gore. That's obviously the recipe for success. :rolleyes2:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take those fucking excuses out of here. Dude sucks, and I'm not blaming anyone but Alex.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are legitimate excuses but I have no reason to believe he would be any good under Walsh, behind a Mckittrick line and throwing to Taylor and Rice.

The glimmers have been few and very far between and not all that bright.

The line is shaky, the lockout happened and he might not get a fair shake again but when do you cut bait and move on?

Move on to who?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take those fucking excuses out of here. Dude sucks, and I'm not blaming anyone but Alex.

Those are reason why Alex Smith is still a 49er.

or else he'd be long gone...........................................

But damn, you really hate the guy huh lol.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are reason why Alex Smith is still a 49er.

or else he'd be long gone...........................................

But damn, you really hate the guy huh lol.

I hate the fact that some people are still holding on to their deepest and longest hopes that he might become something, but I don't hate the guy. He seems like genuinely good guy that I'd love to have as a backup to my franchise QB.

However, Alex Smith is the worst type of QB - the type of QB that holds a franchise hostage because he shows just enough to make the next HC think that he can be the Coach to develop and eventually make him turn the corner. People blame Alex Smith's poor play on influx of HCs and OCs that have come in a out, but it's because of those changes that he's still here today. And honestly I doubt he would've been a 49er if there wasn't a lockout this year.