• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith is done

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be released by end of week

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Football Team is expected to part ways with QB Alex Smith in the coming days, sources tell me and
@KimJonesSports
. The AP Comeback Player of the Year has said he still wants to play, and at age 36 may have a chance to do so.

7:18 AM · Mar 1, 2021·TweetDeck

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides our team, what chance does he have realisticly to start elsewhere?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start !!! None

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Texans pick him up cheap as a plan B.

I say this having no idea who the Texans back up QB is.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move. So glad to see the Skins making the tough but necessary moves that they wouldn't have done in years past.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cough, cough.
Unlikely but he is better than Cam
I'm certain RR was upfront and honest with AS. AS said he wanted his release for an opportunity to start elsewhere, he got it. And the WFT is the bad guy here? From what I'm reading anyways. This is a business decision by the WFT, nothing more and makes complete sense.
Having said that RR is not bringing in Cam from the scrap yard and as far as a starting gig, Cam may also find it difficult to fine one.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certain RR was upfront and honest with AS. AS said he wanted his release for an opportunity to start elsewhere, he got it. And the WFT is the bad guy here? From what I'm reading anyways. This is a business decision by the WFT, nothing more and makes complete sense.
Having said that RR is not bringing in Cam from the scrap yard and as far as a starting gig, Cam may also find it difficult to fine one.
I think it a good choice for WFT, they have AS's replacement and a good one.
I just meant if you gave me the choice between Cam and Alex it's Alex hands down.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR once again doing what’s right for everybody involved:

- the offense needs better qb play, and got it from TH, and may get it from KA,
- Alex Smith wants to continue playing somewhere, and this release gives him ample opportunity to find a backup job elsewhere
- The defense deserves better qb play because they are already ready to win.

the right move is often the toughest. Hats off to RR for continuing to do what’s right.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith won't be happy until he is cripled for life....take your money, go home,play with kids, fuck the wife and be thankful youre alive and can still walk on your own 2 legs
You could say that about all football players. Maybe most of them can still walk at age 50 but a large percentage of them don't know where they are at or what day it is. Great sport to watch but sometimes I feel like a modern-day Roman watching the lions maul Christians and gladiator slaves fight to the death. I know what it is doing to the long-term health of the men on the field.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst trade of BA era is over What we gave up to get to 2 .....,1/2 seasons is over . I think he had one win vs a winning team here

that was for the ABC crowd

The truth is I wish he were healthy so we could see what he really would have been . I admire his guts and wish him well

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is done, he played out of necessity.
He will only see the field in pre season or another injury to the starter. But he won't be happy until he leaves the field on a stretcher again

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is done, he played out of necessity.
He will only see the field in pre season or another injury to the starter. But he won't be happy until he leaves the field on a stretcher again
I don’t understand why the concept of that injury taking a little while longer to fully recover then your typical broken leg ? Truth is no one knows about it because it has never happened and it’s all ground breaking territory.

everyone and I mean everyone has been dead wrong about his recovery so far so I am not willing to dismiss his chances just yet .

I support what the team is doing in that regard but it’s CDC’ s choice to play and he and only he knows what he can take physically and he and only he can weigh the risks and say what it’s worth

it’s also on him to prove he can be a viable nfl Qb and that could be very tough to do

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR once again doing what’s right for everybody involved:

- the offense needs better qb play, and got it from TH, and may get it from KA,
- Alex Smith wants to continue playing somewhere, and this release gives him ample opportunity to find a backup job elsewhere
- The defense deserves better qb play because they are already ready to win.

the right move is often the toughest. Hats off to RR for continuing to do what’s right.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but my perspective of the old regime would be to not cut him until the last moment because of his comments to GQ. They could have strung him along, expensively, through a season as backup or third string but didn’t. Smith would gladly keep the money but he wants to play or have a genuine backup position.

It’s really nice to know that Rivera is doing this as early as possible for him. He could’ve done it earlier, but it’s more responsible for them as a team to have him as an asset in trade negotiations until that fell through. Now that that’s over, before free agency is the decent, the right thing to do. Way to go, Rivera.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he did what he wanted to do. He proved everyone and himself that he could make it back to nfl level after that horrific injury. Congrats on his perseverance and dedication. Now its time to hang em up with nothing to prove to yourself and others.