• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama/Oklahoma State comparison

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know it doesn't matter now. I was just wondering if there's things I overlooked.

Okay, I'll concede that Alabama have a better loss is a fact ''like it or not''. I'll agree that, on paper, losing to a 6-6 team is worse than losing to an undefeated team.

BTW, I don't recall saying I didn't ''like'' that stance. I just don't think it trumps the facts in OSU's favor. It's funny when people throw that phrase in like its supposed to be some sort of insult.

But is that it though? Is that Alabama's ace in the hole?

Yeah, I think that's pretty spot on. Your summary from a few posts up lays it out perfectly. There are 6 facts that support the opinion that Oklahoma St is the better team while there is only 1 fact to support the opinion that Alabama is the better team.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-season polls will always be there. They are a fixture. The only thing you could do is eliminate all human polls from the formula.
When putting together my ballot (I had originally written "when doing my poll" LOL), I weigh quality wins as the best achievement, but I eliminate the highest quality win for each unranked loss (fair trade/sacrifice IMO). That leaves OkSU with wins over Baylor and Okla (15 and 19), and Bama with highest ranked win over Arky (7) and then PSU (23).
So, I'm not seeing where OkSU is indisputably better than Bama.

How are these rankings decided?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are these rankings decided?

Those are taken from the AP. On my ballot I usually used those rankings as a starting base (including all that received votes). I think the relative position of these teams is currently consensus in the other polls as well (Arky>Baylor>Okla>PSU).

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has some coast line on the Gulf, so in this comparison, I will have to pick the state of Alabama over Oklahoma...

EvilVodka

Warlock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottomline is that Alabama has beaten 2 good teams, a bunch of hapless teams (face it, Auburn blows this year), and lost in a close game to LSU

They are the pretty media darling this year

Oklahoma State lost ugly, beat teams that usually suck like Baylor, Kansas State (even though those teams are pretty good this year), and basically, they're Oklahoma State, they don't sound good

It's all moot though, because LSU is going to beat the snot out of whoever we play. That anemic Bama offense works good against the Auburns this year, but we shut them down pretty good. This time around, the game will be in OUR backyard, and we won't suffer Jarrett Lee interceptions

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottomline is that Alabama has beaten 2 good teams, a bunch of hapless teams (face it, Auburn blows this year), and lost in a close game to LSU

They are the pretty media darling this year

Oklahoma State lost ugly, beat teams that usually suck like Baylor, Kansas State (even though those teams are pretty good this year), and basically, they're Oklahoma State, they don't sound good

It's all moot though, because LSU is going to beat the snot out of whoever we play. That anemic Bama offense works good against the Auburns this year, but we shut them down pretty good. This time around, the game will be in OUR backyard, and we won't suffer Jarrett Lee interceptions

Yeah, I think LSU is significantly better then Alabama or Okie St.