• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama Crimson Tide (allegations surfaces)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
D.J. Fluker - T - Crimson Tide

Former Alabama OT D.J. Fluker, Tennessee QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee DE Maurice Couch, Mississippi State DT Fletcher Cox and Mississippi State WR Chad Bumphis received improper benefits during their time on campus, according to Yahoo Sports' Rand Getlin and Charles Robinson.

The piece is extremely detailed, so we won't list each one here. Agents supplying college athletes with benefits in the form of cash payments is nothing new, but it could have an impact on the programs involved. These benefits did not come from just one individual in some cases. Couch is the only player still on a college roster.
Source: Yahoo Sports

Sep 11 - 5:33 PM

Read the story here:
Y! SPORTS

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stunned, absolutely flabbergasted! Alabama? Say it ain't so!

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember 2 years ago that Trent Richardson got pulled over for speeding, he was driving in a $60,000 SUV. Now the fact that he is driving a nice car isn't really that big but if you look deeper into this Richardson was from a family that had no money, he was attending school full time with no job and he had to young children. There was no investigation that I heard of into how Trent was able to afford such a nice vehicle but hey the NCAA launched a full out investigation against Ohio state because they had a couple kids give away jerseys for some tattoos. I am shocked that anything would be brought to light that would smear the mighty SEC!!!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every week seems like someone new is getting nailed with this stuff. they're gonna have to adjust the rules.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So many programs to be exposed...so little time. Probably extremely widespread at perennial top-25 teams.....because frankly, the competition is paying. If you're getting players that would be getting paid at other schools, you better have something damn good to offer - like even more money and/or gifts. Probably only a few schools that have enough to offer (exposure, big TV games, put the player into a better position to get drafted) to overcome the financial benefits some schools are offering.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Couldn't imagine a year where Alabama doesn't play in one of the BCS bowl games

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every week seems like someone new is getting nailed with this stuff. they're gonna have to adjust the rules.

Or get a competent ruling body for college athletics. The NCAA is a joke.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys, like Pete Caroll and Chip Kelly and Reggie Bush etc. all leave before the sanctions hit and they never lose out in the NFL - they did what helped them at the time and got away with it (Reggie losing his Heismans is not a real loss). What these boosters should do is withhold the money until years later so that they can refuse to pay the money if caught because the players took the deal, too.

Yes, I'm only kidding.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn my Irish got cheated. LOL JK

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So many programs to be exposed...so little time. Probably extremely widespread at perennial top-25 teams.....because frankly, the competition is paying. If you're getting players that would be getting paid at other schools, you better have something damn good to offer - like even more money and/or gifts. Probably only a few schools that have enough to offer (exposure, big TV games, put the player into a better position to get drafted) to overcome the financial benefits some schools are offering.

don't they still supply 'hot babes'? that stuff is priceless.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-II schools get in on this, too. Andrew Iupati knows what I'm talking about.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-II schools get in on this, too. Andrew Iupati knows what I'm talking about.

Forgot to say (at the very least) it was really fun to watch him in person. With NO security ever stopping me, I watch games standing with the team on the sidelines before/after my weekend gym sessions & remember Iupati maulling the crap out of opposing teams O-linemen.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly say that I don't care about this. EVERYONE does this, Alabama is no different. SEC will likely be the first conference to make a move to pay their players anyway.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly say that I don't care about this. EVERYONE does this, Alabama is no different. SEC will likely be the first conference to make a move to pay their players anyway.

Every powerhouse does this. I've never been a big fan of college too many teams and the powerhouses are up there every yr almost. If you lose one game you almost have no chance to play in championship unless you had a tougher schedule or if you are undefeated your schedule hampers you. College is only fun to watch cuz of the talent, never cuz the teams. Everyone is stacked and basically cheats.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every powerhouse does this. I've never been a big fan of college too many teams and the powerhouses are up there every yr almost. If you lose one game you almost have no chance to play in championship unless you had a tougher schedule or if you are undefeated your schedule hampers you. College is only fun to watch cuz of the talent, never cuz the teams. Everyone is stacked and basically cheats.

:agree: