• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 2 walks in 26 innings as well….,,,

probably the most encouraging thing so far. Not that he's walked a ton of batters in his MLB career (3.3 BB/9), but his command has been spotty and he's had trouble getting to a third time through the order. Only hiccup so far was his second start against the Angels, but he was let down by his defense big time

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably the most encouraging thing so far. Not that he's walked a ton of batters in his MLB career (3.3 BB/9), but his command has been spotty and he's had trouble getting to a third time through the order. Only hiccup so far was his second start against the Angels, but he was let down by his defense big time

Throwing strikes, being ahead in the count are the keys to success.....I was lucky during my playing days of high school and college....I had great control and could throw what I wanted and rarely let up hits when I was ahead in the count.....when I coached there was nothing worse than seeing one of my pitchers pipe an 0-2 fastball right down the middle and watch a single roped to CF.....drove me crazy

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked phenomenal. Just putting that slider where ever he wanted to.
I kept hoping they would get him out of the game and have a chance against the pen but he was just remarkable....Guardians offense has been fairly decent too---- it doesn't appear to be the anemic offense of last year.

Its hijacking the post- but like where the Guards are at right now- 13-6 with 13 of those games on the road....

Boston has some good arms--- but their infield defense and bullpen is pretty rough.