• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Jenkins caught a pass!!!!!!!!!

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it with my own two eyes. Crossing pattern for about twenty yards.

For reals.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
22 yards. 2nd catch of career. Longest catch of career. 2 catches in almost 14 full career games.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even as we laugh about it, they've gotten almost as much out of Jenkins as we've gotten out of Baldwin.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as we laugh about it, they've gotten almost as much out of Jenkins as we've gotten out of Baldwin.

Exactly! Baldwin has done nothing for us, this trade was a wash.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly! Baldwin has done nothing for us, this trade was a wash.

I think it also speaks to how bad we have been at utilizing the players we have in the passing game. No one is going to confuse Baldwin with a great receiver, but he had substantially more production with the Chiefs - even with their deplorable QB play last year - than he's had with us. It is just inexcusable that all of our receivers after Boldin have combined for 185 yards and no TDs through 10 games. That's less than 20 YPG. Most other teams have a third WR - and many have a sixth receiver if we include all positions - that have produced more than all of our secondary WRs combined. Hell, I count something like 14 players who had had 170 yards in a single game this year, and almost all of those guys had TDs to boot.

I just looked at another thread where I endorsed three-TE sets before the season began as the three TEs were among our top receivers. Not far off. Davis, Miller, and McDonald all rank in our top-six receivers, and Celek comes in at eighth. There is just no excuse for that complete lack of production from our WRs. A good coaching staff should be able to get more production out of division three walk-ons.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And actually, Jenkins and Baldwin have both produced 28 yards. Unbelievable.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career day for AJ. Probably more yards today than his whole career.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenks caught a few passes today but also dropped what would have been a 40 yard pass that would have set the Chiefs up in scoring position. The ball him Jenkins in the hands, he caught it, was tackled and dropped it when he hit the group, it was called a drop instead of fumble.

Chiefs receivers had a terrible day in terms of drops. Jenkins had three, Bowe had a couple, Avery had 4 drops (his worse game yet) and Fasano dropped what would have been a 30+ yarder that would have put the Chiefs in scoring position.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenks caught a few passes today but also dropped what would have been a 40 yard pass that would have set the Chiefs up in scoring position. The ball him Jenkins in the hands, he caught it, was tackled and dropped it when he hit the group, it was called a drop instead of fumble.

Chiefs receivers had a terrible day in terms of drops. Jenkins had three, Bowe had a couple, Avery had 4 drops (his worse game yet) and Fasano dropped what would have been a 30+ yarder that would have put the Chiefs in scoring position.

Yep, poor Alex.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 catches for 35 yards! 3 catches out of 4 passes his way!

Kid is turning a corner. lol, but seriously that is awesome for him. Not much chance we are going to see Baldwin too much with everyone healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, poor Alex.

Wow that's pretty crazy. Didn't see that game but crazy to hear AS put up that many yards with that many drops.

Jenkins strong performance is pulling away from Baldwin in the turtle race. Maybe in a few weeks Baldwin can reel one in and catch up.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that's pretty crazy. Didn't see that game but crazy to hear AS put up that many yards with that many drops.

Jenkins strong performance is pulling away from Baldwin in the turtle race. Maybe in a few weeks Baldwin can reel one in and catch up.

Yeah that and not having Hali hurt. Hemmingway had some production. I'd like to see him get more PT.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A.J. Jenkins - Kansas City Chiefs - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

ESPN's Louis Riddick said on NFL Insiders Monday that he's heard the Chiefs are "very excited about" third-year WR A.J. Jenkins.
Riddick worked in Philadelphia's front office alongside much of Kansas City's current coaching staff, so he has notable ties. Acquired from the 49ers in exchange for Jon Baldwin last August, Jenkins showed some flashes in his first season with the Chiefs, posting a 3-67 line in Week 17 and catching a 27-yard pass in K.C.'s playoff loss. Still only 24 years old, there's an outside chance Jenkins could push to start opposite Dwayne Bowe in 2014

I hope it happens

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jenkins more than a lot of people here and of course I hope he helps Alex Smith, but there are also draft reasons to bluff that you are not desperate for a WR in the first rounds.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did we follow up the 2011 draft with 2012? What the hell happened?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Jenkins more than a lot of people here and of course I hope he helps Alex Smith, but there are also draft reasons to bluff that you are not desperate for a WR in the first rounds.

If Cyrus Gray gets a block on that screen pass for a 1st down, AJ has a game winning TD

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cyrus Gray gets a block on that screen pass for a 1st down, AJ has a game winning TD

Yep, that makes two plays that they'd have won if they ran the play with Jamaal Charles. Gray is slower than Charles and Kniles Davis.