• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After Today's Chargers vs Bengals Game

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys still want Jay Gruden and or Mike Zimmer after today's Chargers vs Bengals game?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D has been decimated by injuries this year, and still was very strong. I think Zimmer would make a solid HC and would be very upset to see him go.

One thing to consider with Gruden, is that we have a QB who is unable to make NFL caliber passes, which severely limits the playbook.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, id love to have either of them

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we better hire some one. And we do need to get a move on as we are currently in a bind as far as player evaluations since we actually need a staff and a plan in place before we can even remotely try and figure out what players we want to target.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we better hire some one. And we do need to get a move on as we are currently in a bind as far as player evaluations since we actually need a staff and a plan in place before we can even remotely try and figure out what players we want to target.
we might wait till the panthers and seahawks lose. atleast the bengals lost so we can look at zimmer and gruden now

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already have our scouting dept in place and they are evaluating players, I'm sure. FA isn't until april and the draft is in may. We can take a few more weeks and due proper due diligence.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking Zimmer and Ken Wiz as choices more and more...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already have our scouting dept in place and they are evaluating players, I'm sure. FA isn't until april and the draft is in may. We can take a few more weeks and due proper due diligence.

J_Y... think of it like building a car. You are tasked with finding an engine, transmission and a rear end. Can you honestly even begin to look for those parts if you dont know if you are building a Ford, Chevy or Honda?? the longer we wait to bring in a coach, the more time is wasted. The sooner this team picks a direction the better.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is, they knew over a month ago that they were going to make this change. A short list should have been in place well before the move was made to fire Shanahan. Now if they are waiting for Bevell, I can understand dragging this out. But if they are truely in the process of narrowing down a list at this point, I would have to wonder what they were doing for the past month.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J_Y... think of it like building a car. You are tasked with finding an engine, transmission and a rear end. Can you honestly even begin to look for those parts if you dont know if you are building a Ford, Chevy or Honda?? the longer we wait to bring in a coach, the more time is wasted. The sooner this team picks a direction the better.

In theory, I agree. But in practice, a few weeks isn't going to put us behind anybody. Our scouting dept will evaluate players based on multiple schemes. For most players, it isn't that big of a deal. The few positions where scheme really matters, (NT vs DT, OLB vs DE, OL speed vs power) we just evaluate them on both schemes. I would rather we take our time and get the big decision right (coach) than rush through desperately just so we can start to put schemes in place so we can determine if we need a big powerful G or a swifter, agile one. Trust me, I'm eager to see who we get and what their plans will be. But we really need to give Allen time to do his job. He's had all of 6 days and doesn't even have access yet to half of the candidates he wants to interview. Patience, my friend. We've waited 15 years.....what's 2 weeks?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is, they knew over a month ago that they were going to make this change. A short list should have been in place well before the move was made to fire Shanahan. Now if they are waiting for Bevell, I can understand dragging this out. But if they are truely in the process of narrowing down a list at this point, I would have to wonder what they were doing for the past month.

He did have a list. But clearly he couldn't act on it until, at the earliest, last monday. Then there are protocols that he has to abide by in order to interview his list. Most of his list is comprised on Coordinators on playoff teams. So until they lose, he has no access.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we might wait till the panthers and seahawks lose. atleast the bengals lost so we can look at zimmer and gruden now

Or we might wait until the 49ers lose, I am really liking the 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman would be a good choice if he can bring Bowman, Willis, Smith, Brooks etc. :whistle:

I understand what you mean though. He has worked with a QB similar to Griffin. Just remember he might be a good choice but all those people I just listed are what makes the 49ers good.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman would be a good choice if he can bring Bowman, Willis, Smith, Brooks etc. :whistle:

I understand what you mean though. He has worked with a QB similar to Griffin. Just remember he might be a good choice but all those people I just listed are what makes the 49ers good.
just remember they have a great o line also

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread should be in the HC sticky now will anyone have a huge issue of i move it

if so i will leave it alone

mainly the guy who started it should have the biggest say

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread should be in the HC sticky now will anyone have a huge issue of i move it

if so i will leave it alone

mainly the guy who started it should have the biggest say

You can move this thread skinsdad