• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After this meltdown from the Giants

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which happens to be the second season in a row they were in first place at the middle of the season to collapse into being pure shit, the Giants need new Management and GM.

Bochy has lost the team. Every game I see defensive mistakes after mistakes. At bats that a little league player would find out of place. How many times has the strategy for the hitters is swing at everything semi close.

The GM built a team that has a lot of power but no speed to find out they have no power either. The bash brothers have become pure trash since the start of June. Then they make one trade only due to a starter missing the rest of the season due to injury. They added nothing to fix the offensive problems that this team has had for months. Now the Giants are going to be a team just missing the playoffs and getting another round of shitty prospects cause they sure have not been drafting well the pass few years.

This team should still be in first place all they needed was to add one fucking bat. Instead they shoved their thumb up their ass and said the price is too high for someone good. No shit. But instead of having a chance at another world series we are looking at a collapsing pile of dung.

It is time for a move all right. Bochy and Sabean to take a high and let some new people take over. No sentimentality bullshit with players. They need to start performing or get sent down. This should go for the pitchers too. Romo, Lincecum, Hudson, Vogelsong ect... start making your pitches.

I know this is a rant, but seeing the same shit over and over and over and producing the same results and not doing anything to correct it pisses me off.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that you can call this a meltdown. They played waaaay over their heads for the first couple of months. They're just regressing to the mean. They're right about where they should be based on the talent of the team and the injuries they've had.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that you can call this a meltdown. They played waaaay over their heads for the first couple of months. They're just regressing to the mean. They're right about where they should be based on the talent of the team and the injuries they've had.

Word.

Check our preseason win projection...we're right on that pace. Might not make the playoffs though...

And yet, 2010...

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word.

Check our preseason win projection...we're right on that pace. Might not make the playoffs though...

And yet, 2010...

That means nothing. Red Sox were predicted to win their division easy. They were supposed to suck last season. Giants not predicted to win at all in 2010. Predictions mean jack shit after the season starts. This was a first place team for several months that had the best record in baseball then collapsed.

Only 2 teams ever had a 9.5 lead after 1/3 of the season has ever lost that lead. Giants are now number 3. The other two have nicknames to show how piss poor they played to lose that lead. Giants somehow are getting a pass.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which happens to be the second season in a row they were in first place at the middle of the season to collapse into being pure shit, the Giants need new Management and GM.

Bochy has lost the team. Every game I see defensive mistakes after mistakes. At bats that a little league player would find out of place. How many times has the strategy for the hitters is swing at everything semi close.

The GM built a team that has a lot of power but no speed to find out they have no power either. The bash brothers have become pure trash since the start of June. Then they make one trade only due to a starter missing the rest of the season due to injury. They added nothing to fix the offensive problems that this team has had for months. Now the Giants are going to be a team just missing the playoffs and getting another round of shitty prospects cause they sure have not been drafting well the pass few years.

This team should still be in first place all they needed was to add one fucking bat. Instead they shoved their thumb up their ass and said the price is too high for someone good. No shit. But instead of having a chance at another world series we are looking at a collapsing pile of dung.

It is time for a move all right. Bochy and Sabean to take a high and let some new people take over. No sentimentality bullshit with players. They need to start performing or get sent down. This should go for the pitchers too. Romo, Lincecum, Hudson, Vogelsong ect... start making your pitches.

I know this is a rant, but seeing the same shit over and over and over and producing the same results and not doing anything to correct it pisses me off.

Assuming you meant "past few," Susac, Panik, Duffy, Crick, Beede, Mejia, Mella, Blach, Blackburn, Stratton, Garcia, Law, Strickland, Ysla, Arroyo, Jones, Williamson, Flores, and Gregorio all say "hi."

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming you meant "past few," Susac, Panik, Duffy, Crick, Beede, Mejia, Mella, Blach, Blackburn, Stratton, Garcia, Law, Strickland, Ysla, Arroyo, Jones, Williamson, Flores, and Gregorio all say "hi."

The international FA market says "hi."

And the waiver-wire says "hi." in regards to Strickland...

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(I don't think we should fire Sabean or Bochy that's crazy talk) BUT

Crick: Still has to prove he can throw strikes consistently, otherwise he is just a reliever.
Stratton: Still has a lot to prove, shouldn't be saying "hi" yet

If we are talking about "drafting well" there is zero reason Beede, Stratton, Garcia, Arroyo or Jones should be "praise the pick!!".

Fact is we don't have a good farm system. There are nice pieces, but it's average or below-average. Our scouting or developing needs to do a better job. This isn't a farm system to get all wild and excited about, there are major questions

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That means nothing. Red Sox were predicted to win their division easy. They were supposed to suck last season. Giants not predicted to win at all in 2010. Predictions mean jack shit after the season starts. This was a first place team for several months that had the best record in baseball then collapsed.

Only 2 teams ever had a 9.5 lead after 1/3 of the season has ever lost that lead. Giants are now number 3. The other two have nicknames to show how piss poor they played to lose that lead. Giants somehow are getting a pass.

They were WAY outperforming their abilities then...which is what the long season has uncovered. Always does. To paraphrase Dennis Green: They are NOT who we thought they were.

They looked like a wild card team at season's start...they still do. Maybe. So do the other wild card contenders. A couple will be WCs and a couple will fall short by a game or three. Doesn't mean the ones that fall short suck.

That said, Bochy and Sabean aren't perfect. They deserve some 'blame' for things going wrong but not a whole lot, not their fault the key injuries, not their fault Romo collapses at home vs Colorado and kills the great start...

They aren't going anywhere, and whoever we could get to replace them would be worse.

FWIW Tom Verducci at SI (presumably unbiased national media guy) still likes the Giants as a WC team.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were WAY outperforming their abilities then...which is what the long season has uncovered. Always does. To paraphrase Dennis Green: They are NOT who we thought they were.

They looked like a wild card team at season's start...they still do. Maybe. So do the other wild card contenders. A couple will be WCs and a couple will fall short by a game or three. Doesn't mean the ones that fall short suck.

That said, Bochy and Sabean aren't perfect. They deserve some 'blame' for things going wrong but not a whole lot, not their fault the key injuries, not their fault Romo collapses at home vs Colorado and kills the great start...

They aren't going anywhere, and whoever we could get to replace them would be worse.

FWIW Tom Verducci at SI (presumably unbiased national media guy) still likes the Giants as a WC team.

A shame Belt went down. I thought he was gonna have a huge year, especially after last year (140 OPS+).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(I don't think we should fire Sabean or Bochy that's crazy talk) BUT

Crick: Still has to prove he can throw strikes consistently, otherwise he is just a reliever.
Stratton: Still has a lot to prove, shouldn't be saying "hi" yet

If we are talking about "drafting well" there is zero reason Beede, Stratton, Garcia, Arroyo or Jones should be "praise the pick!!".

Fact is we don't have a good farm system. There are nice pieces, but it's average or below-average. Our scouting or developing needs to do a better job. This isn't a farm system to get all wild and excited about, there are major questions

I don't think the baseball world agrees with your assessment.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A shame Belt went down. I thought he was gonna have a huge year, especially after last year (140 OPS+).

THIS. Big factor we overlook here, he was a big driver of our crazy hot start. And he went down, twice, with freak stuff not Pagan/fragile stuff: broken hand from a pitcher, concussion from a teammate

llemon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Panik needs to bat 2nd, Pence 3rd, and the double-play triplets all moved back a notch.

Also think it's time for the guys that can steal bases to steal bases.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Panik needs to bat 2nd, Pence 3rd, and the double-play triplets all moved back a notch.

Also think it's time for the guys that can steal bases to steal bases.

Agree on both counts. But Noggin will NEVER turn the runners loose to steal bases.

I do wish he'd do more of that, and hit and run, and the like. It has been an ongoing issue (in my own head) for years with Noggin, especially, ESPECIALLY when the offense is not scoring runs via the Earl Weaver Special.

Could any of the four GIDP's last night been prevented by sending the runner? :noidea:

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the baseball world agrees with your assessment.

What baseball world are you speaking of?

B/R has us at 27th, that was before we traded away Escobar and Hembree

Before the season, Baseball Prospectus had us ranked 22nd. I can't imagine we have skyrocketed up the rankings

Before the season, we had two 10- 100 prospects for Baseball America. Crick was 33rd but with his season, has slipped out of their updated top-50 and Escobar was top-60 for them, but has been traded

We have one Top 100 prospect by MLB.com (post-Escobar trade)

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fire Bochy, Fire Sabean, Ay Yi Yi Yi Yi.:yahoo:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What baseball world are you speaking of?

B/R has us at 27th, that was before we traded away Escobar and Hembree

Before the season, Baseball Prospectus had us ranked 22nd. I can't imagine we have skyrocketed up the rankings

Before the season, we had two 10- 100 prospects for Baseball America. Crick was 33rd but with his season, has slipped out of their updated top-50 and Escobar was top-60 for them, but has been traded

We have one Top 100 prospect by MLB.com (post-Escobar trade)

You're taking a snapshot view of a movie. The BP ranking doesn't include MadBum, Posey, Belt, Crawford, Panda, etc. as they are not prospects anymore. The original statement was that the Giants haven't drafted well for a number of years.

Just not true.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're taking a snapshot view of a movie. The BP ranking doesn't include MadBum, Posey, Belt, Crawford, Panda, etc. as they are not prospects anymore. The original statement was that the Giants haven't drafted well for a number of years.

Just not true.

Gotcha. I was more focusing on the present farm system. But going back, absolutely there is a lot to love. Recent drafting/developing has to improve, but track record is certainly there

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I was more focusing on the present farm system. But going back, absolutely there is a lot to love. Recent drafting/developing has to improve, but track record is certainly there

Agreed. Peeps forget that a lot of these guys (e.g. Bum) are very young and would be top 25 prospects if still in the minors.

It'll be interesting to see how Crick does. SabeySabes refused to trade him, as he did with Bum.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this just cause.