• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCE Stuff

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd open a thread to discuss anything we see or hear about the Patriots' rivals in the AFC East.

First. We always talk about trying to avoid injuries. The injury bug bit the Jets yesterday when they faced the Eagles. The Jets walked away with a 24-21 win over the birds but lost QB Zach Wilson to a torn meniscus. Word today is that he will undergo arthroscopic surgery and Jets expect that he will be ready to go in the first game. I'm no medical expert, but a torn meniscus isn't a sprain and having someone going into a knee and doing anything isn't a quick fix. My guess? Six weeks at the very least.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad that Mac didn't play against the Giants.

Watching the Bills and Colts right now.

I'll admit right now that I've never liked McDermott the HC of the Bills. I hate his coaching style.

First series today the Bills moved well but the Colts stiffened inside the ten. On fourth and four at the five yard line, insted of a FG attempt, he goes for the TD and the Colts close the door. Colts take it the other way and instead of going for a first down, kick the FG. 3-0 in the first quarter.

Josh Allen was supposed to start but someone must have had better thoughts considering that they are playing another team that many believe might go deep into the playoffs and have a very tough defense. Very, very hard hitting going on. Subs are really playing for roster spots as the starters seem to be on the sidlines now that both offenses and defenses have had a round of play.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a bit more than a quarter of the Bills game and DVR'd the Dolphins and bucks. Watched a quarter of it before going to bed last night.

After seeing all four teams, partially, in their first preseason games, I've come to the conclusion that the Patriots back-ups and scrubs played with about half of the intensity as the Jets, Bills and Dolphins non-starters.

McDermott doesn't care about anything but winning and his team was intense from start to finish as were the Dolphins. Both teams won. yesterday and IMO, the Patriots non-starters would have been pummeled by all three AFCE opponents non=-starters.

The reason I DVR'd the Fins and Bucs? I went to the movies and saw Bullet Train.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a bit more than a quarter of the Bills game and DVR'd the Dolphins and bucks. Watched a quarter of it before going to bed last night.

After seeing all four teams, partially, in their first preseason games, I've come to the conclusion that the Patriots back-ups and scrubs played with about half of the intensity as the Jets, Bills and Dolphins non-starters.

McDermott doesn't care about anything but winning and his team was intense from start to finish as were the Dolphins. Both teams won. yesterday and IMO, the Patriots non-starters would have been pummeled by all three AFCE opponents non=-starters.

The reason I DVR'd the Fins and Bucs? I went to the movies and saw Bullet Train.
Can't wait to see our non-starters face their non-starters during the season.... Oh wait...

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how you can say the other teams non starters played with more intensity. Just because our guys weren't banging their helmets against each other. Alot of these guys know their careers are at stake. Lots of money at stake. Years of hard work at stake. I'm sure they played with plenty of intensity. If they didnt... they shouldn't be here.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how you can say the other teams non starters played with more intensity.
Apparently, you didn't watch any games.

Other teams were not missing tackles, because they were hitting people head on, not sticking an arm out. Simple, basic technique. Drop a shoulder and drive into the runner. Grabbing a handful of shirt as he runs by doesn't bring down a 200 lbs guy in full stride. They looked like the 8 year olds I used to coach. Afraid of direct contact.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, you didn't watch any games.

Other teams were not missing tackles, because they were hitting people head on, not sticking an arm out. Simple, basic technique. Drop a shoulder and drive into the runner. Grabbing a handful of shirt as he runs by doesn't bring down a 200 lbs guy in full stride. They looked like the 8 year olds I used to coach. Afraid of direct contact.
I watched plenty of other games. And there were missed tackles in all of them. Not just ours. And comparing pro athletes to the kids you coached shows you know nothing about sports. Every player out there knows how to properly make a tackle. How in the hell do you think they made it this far???? Afraid of direct contact my ass. These guys made it this far by being the elite. By knocking the shit out of other players. You have no clue what you're talking about. 50 years of coaching??? Right.......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins miserable run game is still miserable.
They were historically bad last year and their O-line is not settled.
Nobody is going to protect Tua's blind side and injuries are coming.

Arthroscopic surgery can clean up meniscus tears and you walk out of the office. Play football? Better tape and brace it!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd open a thread to discuss anything we see or hear about the Patriots' rivals in the AFC East.

First. We always talk about trying to avoid injuries. The injury bug bit the Jets yesterday when they faced the Eagles. The Jets walked away with a 24-21 win over the birds but lost QB Zach Wilson to a torn meniscus. Word today is that he will undergo arthroscopic surgery and Jets expect that he will be ready to go in the first game. I'm no medical expert, but a torn meniscus isn't a sprain and having someone going into a knee and doing anything isn't a quick fix. My guess? Six weeks at the very least.
My guess?
The jets shorten his recovery time and his career.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex Superbowl champ Sony Michele had 2 runs behind (literally) Miami's historically bad rushing attack!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex Superbowl champ Sony Michele had 2 runs behind (literally) Miami's historically bad rushing attack!

Sony's story is weird. Drafted by NE and carried the team to a Super Bowl his rookie season. But for whatever reason the Pats didn't like him enough to keep him. So he goes to L.A. and wins another Super Bowl only to find himself not wanted again the following season. Weird.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sony's story is weird. Drafted by NE and carried the team to a Super Bowl his rookie season. But for whatever reason the Pats didn't like him enough to keep him. So he goes to L.A. and wins another Super Bowl only to find himself not wanted again the following season. Weird.
Blount was my favorite Pats RB. How many times has he been discarded?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Pats he couldn't stay on the field. When he did consistently (like that SB stretch) he was terrific. But the saying goes "the best ability is avail-ability" and he just didn't have that ability.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Pats he couldn't stay on the field. When he did consistently (like that SB stretch) he was terrific. But the saying goes "the best ability is avail-ability" and he just didn't have that ability.
plus they had cheaper options which is why they may trade harris now:suds: