• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC East Division Predictions

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly every writer that I read is stating that the Pats are certain to win the division still. The logic is that Brady is that much better than all of the other AFC QB's. I don't buy it. I think Tannehill is on the rise and Brady is on the decline. Also, football is a team sport and the Fins have the better offense and the better team. The Pats are 0-1 vs the division having gotten beat by the Fins already this year. I think the Pats will lose when they play the Bills. I think the Pats are the 3rd best team in the division, which is what their current record is when you factor in division tie breakers.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like;

NE/Buf 1 & 2
Fins 3
Jets 4th

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
predictions are worthless. let things playout in reality

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly every writer that I read is stating that the Pats are certain to win the division still. The logic is that Brady is that much better than all of the other AFC QB's. I don't buy it. I think Tannehill is on the rise and Brady is on the decline. Also, football is a team sport and the Fins have the better offense and the better team. The Pats are 0-1 vs the division having gotten beat by the Fins already this year. I think the Pats will lose when they play the Bills. I think the Pats are the 3rd best team in the division, which is what their current record is when you factor in division tie breakers.
FanofFins-I've read a lot of your posts and its been clear to me that you're pretty knowledgeable regarding the NFL and you've got some great insights. That being said, I truly don't know that Miami has a 'better team', and I seriously question your assessment that Thill is 'on the rise'. Throwing up a 100+ qb rating on perhaps the worst team in the league does little to prove anything to me about Tannehill. We're going on 2+ yrs of watching this guy put up great #s one week, only to lay the proverbial egg the next 2. Wildly inconsistent, very very poorly coached, truly lacking the 'fire' that every great quarterback possesses. Of course, this is all just my opinion. Its extremely difficult for me to honestly see Tannehill suddenly becoming what Ole Joe thought he was when was drafted. Perhaps a decent qb in the right system, but certainly not anything that could be confused with a 'franchise quarterback'. Just my opinion....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made some nice throws last game no matter who the opponent was but I agree he needs to be more consistent the next few weeks will tell the tale....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FanofFins-I've read a lot of your posts and its been clear to me that you're pretty knowledgeable regarding the NFL and you've got some great insights. That being said, I truly don't know that Miami has a 'better team', and I seriously question your assessment that Thill is 'on the rise'. Throwing up a 100+ qb rating on perhaps the worst team in the league does little to prove anything to me about Tannehill. We're going on 2+ yrs of watching this guy put up great #s one week, only to lay the proverbial egg the next 2. Wildly inconsistent, very very poorly coached, truly lacking the 'fire' that every great quarterback possesses. Of course, this is all just my opinion. Its extremely difficult for me to honestly see Tannehill suddenly becoming what Ole Joe thought he was when was drafted. Perhaps a decent qb in the right system, but certainly not anything that could be confused with a 'franchise quarterback'. Just my opinion....

cards_fins1,

The Fins were the better team when they played the Pats in game 1. We'll see if the Fins have the better record at the end of the year. I agree that there has been inconsistency with the Fins, however, this year the Fins have a much better OC & better personnel. Also, they have brought in the right veterans on the Oline & players like Moreno that know how to win big games. Tannehill was a WR for much of his time in college. I expected he'd have a learning curve in the NFL. He has the talent & has shown glimpses that he can be a winning QB. It's his 3rd year & he'll need to show more consistency. This is a defining year for him in my opinion. I have not written him off as a capable QB for the Fins' franchise. Last year the Fins' Oline was terrible. They are much better this year. Plus, OC Sherman was way too predictable. THilll was in the spot light vs Oakland & played one of the best games of his career. Oakland held Brady & the Pats to 16 points in Gillette Stadium. It was a big win by THill & the Fins. It could be the beginning of something good. RE Philbin: I think that he still has a a lot to prove but he will benefit from having B Lazor instead of M. Sherman. The Fins are a different team then in previous years. Philbin is coaching for the first time in his career. I also haven't written him off. I think this is a defining year for him also. He could very well be the guy that can help lead the Fins from mediocrity to contenders.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said FoF....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the "problem" is for the fins. They are a better team than they are playing. The inconsistency is not all Tannehill. The team as a whole is inconsistent. Still early.....

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cards_fins1,

The Fins were the better team when they played the Pats in game 1. We'll see if the Fins have the better record at the end of the year. I agree that there has been inconsistency with the Fins, however, this year the Fins have a much better OC & better personnel. Also, they have brought in the right veterans on the Oline & players like Moreno that know how to win big games. Tannehill was a WR for much of his time in college. I expected he'd have a learning curve in the NFL. He has the talent & has shown glimpses that he can be a winning QB. It's his 3rd year & he'll need to show more consistency. This is a defining year for him in my opinion. I have not written him off as a capable QB for the Fins' franchise. Last year the Fins' Oline was terrible. They are much better this year. Plus, OC Sherman was way too predictable. THilll was in the spot light vs Oakland & played one of the best games of his career. Oakland held Brady & the Pats to 16 points in Gillette Stadium. It was a big win by THill & the Fins. It could be the beginning of something good. RE Philbin: I think that he still has a a lot to prove but he will benefit from having B Lazor instead of M. Sherman. The Fins are a different team then in previous years. Philbin is coaching for the first time in his career. I also haven't written him off. I think this is a defining year for him also. He could very well be the guy that can help lead the Fins from mediocrity to contenders.
I love your optimism and passion, truly I do. And honestly, I really hope you're right about Tannehill and Philbin. There ARE very telling factors regarding both individuals, however, that suggest you are wrong. After 2 plus yrs, Joe still cannot comprehend 'clock management' to save his life. Lets not pretend he hasn't been a complete idiot in THAT department several times already this year. I am completely WORN OUT with how little discipline seems to be in the locker room of the Dolphins. Bullygate, suspended players for peds, Shelby......throw in the D. Shelby situation and it becomes painfully obvious that Joe is in way over his head. Couple that with the fact that it certainly doesn't appear Thill( or anyone else for that matter) has been very well coached and/or prepared. I hate being the eternal pessimist here, but I really need to see Tannehill perform at a very high level against everyone, not just the lowly Raiders. I need to see Joe bring some much needed discipline and display the ability to properly prepare his team. On the bright side, one way or another, we are going to find out what exactly this Miami team truly is. If they are whom I think they are, we should all prepare ourselves for yet another tumultuous off season.....If I'm wrong, I will personally apologize for my assessments to everyone on these boards and will finally put some faith in this franchise. Only time will tell.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a league wide discipline problem no? It's not just coming from the Fins camp. In Shelbys case he was on the bye week decided to go out and drank too much hell I do that every other week! It happens to the best of us but he's in the limelight and is now being persecuted heavily. I don't disagree with this but you can't put shit like this on Philbin he suspended the guy what else can he do? Unfortunately most teams don't want to do this as it affects the product on the field and after they lose fans point fingers at poor performance. You simply can't win....

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a league wide discipline problem no? It's not just coming from the Fins camp. In Shelbys case he was on the bye week decided to go out and drank too much hell I do that every other week! It happens to the best of us but he's in the limelight and is now being persecuted heavily. I don't disagree with this but you can't put shit like this on Philbin he suspended the guy what else can he do? Unfortunately most teams don't want to do this as it affects the product on the field and after they lose fans point fingers at poor performance. You simply can't win....
Cmon Flyer, its A LOT more than just Shelby going out and having some drinks. I get the fact that it was during bye week, I get the fact that the 'image' of the NFL is certainly tarnished( to say the least)....I also get the fact that under the circumstances, Philbin did the right thing by suspending his player. Bullygate? PED suspensions? 'Quarterback controversies'? Look, an incident here and there is no big deal. Its substantially more than that in South Florida, you KNOW this. Add in the fact that Philbins team continues to look unprepared, he continues to be completely outcoached with the game on the line, clearly lacks the ability to motivate his team in any sense of the word. Philbin is NOT our guy, sorry to say so. After today, I feel a little better about Tannehill than I have in quite some time, as he really showed his toughness after a very difficult 1st half. I really think with much better coaching, he really could take the next step. Philbin is a total joke, and I would be willing to bet his seat just got much hotter after today.