• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Advertising in the NBA playoffs

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is one thing that is seriously ruinning the entertainment value of the NBA for me. This year they are pushing pitch perfect 2 in just about every series. I mean, who is the target audience here? Most NBA fans wouldn't be caught dead going to see pitch perfect two without being dragged there by a girl. How much money did it take pp2 to get that stupid and annoying intro to every playoff game? Furthermore, why didn't they use that money for more intelligent ad placement furing shows/events that pp fans would actually watch?

I've been a Bulls fan for as long as I can remember and they have the best chance they have had at a title this year than any other year since Jordan retired, and I have found myself more interested in the nhl playoffs. I'm not saying the nhl isn't making money off of ads, but it isn't as bad as the NBA. The games are also much less predictable, more entertaining and suspenseful due to more games going down to the wire, and isn't played by people who act like pussies and complain when they get touched by the defense. I thought that's why we hated soccer so much, but the exact same things happen in the NBA. I'm not trying to troll the NBA as an nhl fan, I just think the NBA is in such a terrible state right now. I find myself falling asleep during most NBA playoff games I watch, but on the edge of my seat during most nhl playoff games. I really think the NBA is on the downhill right now and needs to make some changes.

Rant over. I know my post expanded beyond the advertising, but there are many things wrong with the NBA right now.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate that Pitch Perfect intro they do for the second half of every game. It's worse than that God awful song they're using to introduce the games this year.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate that Pitch Perfect intro they do for the second half of every game. It's worse than that God awful song they're using to introduce the games this year.

yea they usually do a decent job, but this year its been god awful

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea they usually do a decent job, but this year its been god awful
Yeah. I just watched it and is was pretty bad... I have to give ESPN props on some of the ads earlier in the season, though, like the MVP one with "Greatness" playing in the background.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, agreed, very annoying. And yes, trying to market PP2 to NBA fans is moronic

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea who they even were until this thread.
I thought it was strange and thought it was just the NBA trying to troll for a female audience.
Like most other advertising, I just ignore it.
Even the most interesting man in the world, which was brilliant when it first came out, has now long since run its course and gets tuned out by me.