• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Shefter not like the 49ers?

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's picked the 49ers to lose 7 times this season. The only two occasions he's picked the 49ers were the Seahawks and Browns games.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's picked the 49ers to lose 7 times this season. The only two occasions he's picked the 49ers were the Seahawks and Browns games.

Really? Not even against he Redskins? You think he would have caught on by now.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knows some football news before a lot of people but that doesn't mean he knows how to pick winners. I like Jay Glazer better anyway.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all about the :bj: on Wednesdays.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article by this guy named KC or something on espn talking about how this team is a bunch of pretenders and it's a fluke how we are 7-1 LOL ohh realllllllllllly? Common sense is dropping out peoples brains more and more these days.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I saw an article by this guy named KC or something on espn talking about how this team is a bunch of pretenders and it's a fluke how we are 7-1 LOL ohh realllllllllllly? Common sense is dropping out peoples brains more and more these days.

KC Joyner. He was saying that our D has struggled against good offenses. I would say our stats on D look slightly better than the D actually is, but we had a great showing against Detroit (his argument: they are all Calvin Johnson), shut down Philly for the second half, and held the Cowboys to virtually nothing until the very end of the game.

This is Sando's follow-up with him:

Following up: About that 'pretender' label - NFC West Blog - ESPN

I strongly disagree with his, "San Francisco is beating the teams they are supposed to beat" statement. We were supposed to go into Philly, Detroit, and Cincinnati and win? We were supposed to dismantle a TB team that shut us out at home last year? No way.

Apparently he also talks about teams coming from a weak division rarely doing well. That may be true in terms of the playoffs (though it didn't stop Seattle and Arizona from getting to the Super Bowl in the recent past), but our "weak" schedule doesn't really start up until next week, and doesn't really kick in until December.

He mentions the caliber of opponent again later in the interview. I know Joyner watches the games, but apparently he lacks a big-picture frame of reference. We've faced a fair bit of stiff competition this year, most of it on the road in early starts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
luck was romo being clutch in the 4th. we should be 8-0

o wait, OT

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's strange that ESPN analysts would say that. They've been sucking us off for a minute now...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Niners are good. I think they can compete with any team in football except the Packers. There are several teams that are on their level and could beat the 49ers due to the conservative way the 49ers play and each game usually turning on one or two plays. But the Niners can hang with all of them though except the forementioned Packers.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Niners are good. I think they can compete with any team in football except the Packers. There are several teams that are on their level and could beat the 49ers due to the conservative way the 49ers play and each game usually turning on one or two plays. But the Niners can hang with all of them though except the forementioned Packers.

I'm not even afraid of them mothaphuckas. I am confident that we can give them a run for their money if Alex continues to play smart football in limiting the turnovers. HOWEVER, if we play them at home (COLD WINTER WEATHER), they would spank us.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not even afraid of them mothaphuckas. I am confident that we can give them a run for their money if Alex continues to play smart football in limiting the turnovers. HOWEVER, if we play them at home (COLD WINTER WEATHER), they would spank us.

Watching them get picked apart by Eli Manning makes me really worry about what Aaron Rodgers would do to them.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost, that is a reason to be worried but you have to take in to consideration that the coaching staff does not scheme for every team the same way... The giants would like to run the ball just as much as the niners would like to run and Eli and the giants relies on play action alot and our safeties had to honor the run. I was at the game and it was clearly to see how our safeties were playing. When it was certain they had to throw the ball you seen plays like Dashon snatching the ball( which would of been nice if he stayed in bounds) or the other almost pick by whitner that bounced off his hands. Green bay is not a running team and i think Vic would scheme alot different against them, trusting our front seven and allowing the safeties to help in coverage more

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think they would spank us, yes they are used to the cold weather. But in cold weather game it can become a run game and passing might not be as effective. We have the stronger run game and defense.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ghost, that is a reason to be worried but you have to take in to consideration that the coaching staff does not scheme for every team the same way... The giants would like to run the ball just as much as the niners would like to run and Eli and the giants relies on play action alot and our safeties had to honor the run. I was at the game and it was clearly to see how our safeties were playing. When it was certain they had to throw the ball you seen plays like Dashon snatching the ball( which would of been nice if he stayed in bounds) or the other almost pick by whitner that bounced off his hands. Green bay is not a running team and i think Vic would scheme alot different against them, trusting our front seven and allowing the safeties to help in coverage more

Good points. I feel a little better.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i like the optimism, i really do. but we're getting ahead of ourselves. don't mind projecting #2 seed or even searching for reasons we can beat Green Bay? but lets just win first and see where we end up, too many games left an we can see how "teams we supposed to beat", can win on any given Sunday.