• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Eaton returning

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's plenty where Dunning came from - Kopech - Cease - Stiever - Lambert and Crochet - someone had to go. Dunning had a ceiling of a 3 or 4 in the rotation - Kopech - Cease and Crochet - all have potential to top of the rotation spots. Meanwhile - the Sox get three top pitchers - who finished 5-6-and 7 for the Cy Young award just this past season. Three top pitchers makes you competitive in EVERY playoff series. I would have rather traded Stiever or Lambert instead of Dunning, but the deal makes sense.

I will add - Lynn has a rubber arm- he is a workhorse - Dunning's debut would seem to prove the opposite of workhorse.
I agree with your Lynn sentiments. I like him. I’m just venting at his only being signed for one year. Sure, that could change. I liked Dunning. Came up clutch last year for the team, while Kopech was off stroking it.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? Spend money. He has it. Go all in. Never said nor implied Dunning was the death of the farm if traded.

Look, if we got Bauer to a big money deal I was definitely down...but I don’t want that possibility to take away that we shored up our rotation with a bona fide pitcher. Lynn fits the bill of what we needed. And I do think he provides us the better flexibility to move on if any of our young pitchers step up into a top tier role. Along with the flexibility that we can spend money on DH, bullpen and OF now as well. I’m just sayin...Yeah Bauer alone would have gotten the World Series hype train moving but a couple more moves along with this Lynn move and we might be one of those golden teams that is lacking any serious positional weaknesses and has depth to survive a big injury or two.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your Lynn sentiments. I like him. I’m just venting at his only being signed for one year. Sure, that could change. I liked Dunning. Came up clutch last year for the team, while Kopech was off stroking it.

Kopech better deliver at this point or he’s gonna be one that goes down in White Sox infamy.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kopech better deliver at this point or he’s gonna be one that goes down in White Sox infamy.
No doubt. He shouldn't need a ramp-up at this point.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be a little patient with Kopech. He's going to be rusty right out of the gate. Hell, he may not even break camp with the parent club when the season starts for real. Unless he completely tears it up in ST, I doubt he'd begin the season any better than in the pen.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's plenty where Dunning came from - Kopech - Cease - Stiever - Lambert and Crochet - someone had to go. Dunning had a ceiling of a 3 or 4 in the rotation - Kopech - Cease and Crochet - all have potential to top of the rotation spots. Meanwhile - the Sox get three top pitchers - who finished 5-6-and 7 for the Cy Young award just this past season. Three top pitchers makes you competitive in EVERY playoff series. I would have rather traded Stiever or Lambert instead of Dunning, but the deal makes sense.

I will add - Lynn has a rubber arm- he is a workhorse - Dunning's debut would seem to prove the opposite of workhorse.
agree with most of this. however, i don't think cease has top rotation ability and i still doubt crochet will even be a starter.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with most of this. however, i don't think cease has top rotation ability and i still doubt crochet will even be a starter.
Fair assessment. I was thinking Lynn's mound profile reminded me of Fred Gladding - or more recently Freddie Garcia.