• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Pick Em' Week 3

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll join in even if it is late

WEEK 3
VT @ ECU
Louisiana-Monroe @ Wake
New Mexico @ Pitt
BC @ Southern Cal
GT @ Duke
Nevada @ FSU
Wagner @ Syracuse
Maryland @ UConn

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't make actual picks, you just quoted someone and said you agree.

I actually did. I took your original post which had no bolded or highlighted teams and bolded the teams I picked to win. Oh well. Now I know what you are looking for.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Stuff Jeff.

VT @ ECU
Louisiana-Monroe @ Wake
New Mexico @ Pitt
BC @ Southern Cal
GT @ Duke
Nevada @ FSU
Wagner @ Syracuse :hope:
Maryland @ UConn

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see we are split on two games. The Wake and the BC game. Should be an interesting week.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Miami always beats GT. GT always beats Duke. Pretty simple, really. It is just a matter of who plays the best D against the triple option.

Sadly that is not true. Not long ago they dropped 400+ rushing on us.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am not buying it. We have a completely different Defense this year than MTSU faced. And the Duke QB is out indefinately with a broken collarbone. The backup is capable, but he's not the best QB they had, obviously.

The jury is still out on how good our Offense is this year, but the Defense pitching a shutout against ANY team shows they are already better than anything we've had the past several years.

GT is going to CRUSH Duke.[/QUOTE]

23-17 no crushing but a W none the less.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly that is not true. Not long ago they dropped 400+ rushing on us.

I sure don't remember when the last time GT beat Miami. I believe it's been a very long time.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure don't remember when the last time GT beat Miami. I believe it's been a very long time.

2008 was their last loss to GT, but the game last year was a 6 pt win in overtime. GT plays Miami tough.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEEK 3
VT @ ECU
Louisiana-Monroe @ Wake
New Mexico @ Pitt
BC @ Southern Cal
GT @ Duke
Nevada @ FSU
Wagner @ Syracuse
Maryland @ UConn

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2008 was their last loss to GT, but the game last year was a 6 pt win in overtime. GT plays Miami tough.

That means Miami has won 4 straight now. That also means they know how to handle the triple. I'm marking up a sure loss for GT in that one until GT wises up and gets rid of PJ. Send him back to Navy.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going with the upset, but had forgotten that Duke's QB was out.

Yeah, I was unaware of Duke's QB being out.

We should crush them then.

However.......

After last year's 6-6 regular season, my confidence in GT's ability has definitely waned somewhat. I don't really take any win for granted.

I predicted 8-4 this year. If we do better....I'll re-evaluate for next season.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That means Miami has won 4 straight now. That also means they know how to handle the triple. I'm marking up a sure loss for GT in that one until GT wises up and gets rid of PJ. Send him back to Navy.

Does that mean that since GT has won 4 straight against UNC we always beat them and can mark it up as a sure win? If so, maybe we should keep PJ just for that.

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT @ ECU
Louisiana-Monroe @ Wake
New Mexico @ Pitt
BC @ Southern Cal
GT @ Duke
Nevada @ FSU
Wagner @ Syracuse
Maryland @ UConn

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that mean that since GT has won 4 straight against UNC we always beat them and can mark it up as a sure win? If so, maybe we should keep PJ just for that.

Well, this year you are probably ok to do that. We're not as good as I had thought we would be. Hopefully our guys can learn how to tackle before we play you. We'll see.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The offense has never been the problem. The defense the last 2 yrs were the problem. I have a feeling that GT will be better on defense this year.

Winning 4 straight is really not a big deal. The fact that GT with their horrible defense last year took Miami who had superior talent to OT!!! That says a lot. YOu can do whatever you like, but you know FSU owns Wake Forest, but we lost to them 3 straight years not too long ago. Do not count out any team.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wasn't the offense that was the problem, but the defense (which has been our Achilles heel for a really long time). The offense dumped 36 points on Miami. 400+ yards. Not bad for someone whose offense has been "handled". The problem was the 600+ yards the defense allowed to Miami.

As for getting rid of the offense, why in the hell would we ever do that now after FINALLY getting a proper option QB? Vad Lee is the guy we have been waiting on all this time. I don't know if he is a Tracy Ham, but he'll be closer to Ham than Nesbitt or Washington ever were.

4 straight means less than you make it. It takes an offense, defense, and special teams to win a game against a tough opponent. We haven't had a decent defense in so long that I don't know what one looks like. Special Teams, even longer. The jury is still put on all of them, but I am excited enough to call a win over Duke.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense has never been the problem. The defense the last 2 yrs were the problem. I have a feeling that GT will be better on defense this year.

Winning 4 straight is really not a big deal. The fact that GT with their horrible defense last year took Miami who had superior talent to OT!!! That says a lot. YOu can do whatever you like, but you know FSU owns Wake Forest, but we lost to them 3 straight years not too long ago. Do not count out any team.

What he said.