• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC/B1G Challenge

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Maryland being in the Big Ten is just dumb. The ACC having 15 teams is just as dumb. I miss the old days.

Agreed. While Louisville hasn't been a bad addition thus far to the ACC (IMO), it's still not the same with Maryland gone. Maryland was a natural rival to UVA with all the hatred between each other, along with Duke and UNC as well. Playing Louisville and considering it a rivalry game just doesn't have the same feel to it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse looks like ass.

Cooney is a jackass and Coleman is horrid.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan St 71 Louisville 67
Penn St 67 Boston College 58
Wisconsin 66 Syracuse 58

B1G leads 7-4

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan St 71 Louisville 67
Penn St 67 Boston College 58
Wisconsin 66 Syracuse 58

B1G leads 7-4

That's it right?? no worse than a tie at this point.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse looks like ass.

Cooney is a jackass and Coleman is horrid.

They don't know how to rebound which means they are beyond screwed when the shots don't fall. They didn't fall tonight.

The Badgers would be undefeated if we could shoot as well on the inside as our opponent. Happ can rebound, but he travels and misses layups way too much. I counted 4 travels and 4 missed layups tonight. That's one player throwing away 16 gimme points. To still win after that is a miracle.

We aren't a very good team, but the issues are fixable. And frankly, I don't think the committee will put too much weight on the opener when we returned two guys who played meaningful minutes before. Right now, I think we are heading towards a 7 seed, which is just fine with me. I doubt we'll see too much from our guys this year, but with zero Seniors, next year is looking extremely promising if Nigel sticks around.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't know how to rebound which means they are beyond screwed when the shots don't fall. They didn't fall tonight.

The Badgers would be undefeated if we could shoot as well on the inside as our opponent. Happ can rebound, but he travels and misses layups way too much. I counted 4 travels and 4 missed layups tonight. That's one player throwing 16 gimme points. To still win after that is a miracle.

We aren't a very good team, but the issues are fixable. And frankly, I don't think the committee will put too much weight on the opener when we returned two guys who played meaningful minutes before. Right now, I think we are heading towards a 7 seed, which is just fine with me. I doubt we'll see too much from our guys this year, but with zero Seniors, next year is looking extremely promising if Nigel sticks around.

tnite almost could have been a blowout.. a lot of missed shots inside for you guys.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it right?? no worse than a tie at this point.

Correct. B1G only needs to win 1 of final 3 match ups to win the Challenge

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. While Louisville hasn't been a bad addition thus far to the ACC (IMO), it's still not the same with Maryland gone. Maryland was a natural rival to UVA with all the hatred between each other, along with Duke and UNC as well. Playing Louisville and considering it a rivalry game just doesn't have the same feel to it.

When Louisville joined the conference, the ACC should have used that as an excuse to change up the divisions. Instead they took the lazy route and just placed Louisville in Maryland's spot.

I don't really miss Maryland all that much other than traditional purposes, mostly because their fans were huge whiners that had a victim-like complex.

Also, if there is another tie this year, then I think there should only be 13 games next year. Worst two teams in the ACC get left out and the worst team in the Big Ten get left out.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win for the Badgers but when you don't have any size because Coleman is a waste of a scholarship and no one can hit free throws shit like this happens. I the Cuse being a .500 team in the ACC at best. So much size on teams unless someone steps up or J.B. allows them to. Play some more guys of the bench please and press more often to speed up the game.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Badgers would be undefeated if we could shoot as well on the inside as our opponent. Happ can rebound, but he travels and misses layups way too much. I counted 4 travels and 4 missed layups tonight. That's one player throwing away 16 gimme points. To still win after that is a miracle.

Yeah you guys definitely have some things that look real nice. Some timely offensive rebounds in that zone was big. Brown making jumpers was huge too early on. The difference in that game is Wisconsin while inexpierienced knew their roles much better. Coony can't really shoot as is but is worthless if he doesn't get open for 3s. His "drives" ended poorly everytime. That freshman Richardson would start dribbling out the shot clock for a jumper with 15 seconds left like he's Kobe. Wisco moved the ball and rebounded. Good win. Idk about at 7 seed yet with that tough conference schedule, but BO hasn't proven otherwise so you probably are right.

Will be a good test in a week and a half. I expect you guys to win forsure being at home but Wisco and MU are both talented just badly inexperienced so will be a good test as non con winds down. And we badly needed you guys to win. Teams like Grambling state are just killer in the RPI smh.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Louisville joined the conference, the ACC should have used that as an excuse to change up the divisions. Instead they took the lazy route and just placed Louisville in Maryland's spot.

I don't really miss Maryland all that much other than traditional purposes, mostly because their fans were huge whiners that had a victim-like complex.

Also, if there is another tie this year, then I think there should only be 13 games next year. Worst two teams in the ACC get left out and the worst team in the Big Ten get left out.

Definitely. Should have North and South divisions for football: North - BC, Syracuse, Pitt, UVA, VT, Duke, UNC
South - Louisville, NC State, Wake Forest, Clemson, Georgia Tech, FSU and Miami (South obviously would be a lot better at football). Instead of rivalry's, just alternate playing two teams every year so you can play everyone a lot more often than your "rival" and then a random team you'll see once every 6 years.

I mainly miss Maryland just because they felt like a good fit for the ACC and loved seeing their fans whine and cry after someone beat them. You can still tell how much hatred they still have for UVA after taunting Justin Anderson after he went out of the game with an ankle injury last year. But at least we got the last laugh on them by still beating them good and then taking their baseball team out of CWS contention two years in a row.

As for the ACC/B1G challenge, I agree that there should be an odd amount of games so you can get a real winner instead of potential ties every year.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illini just went super cold!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole challenge comes down to the last minute of Iowa v. Florida State. Hawks up 2 trying to give the B1G the challenge.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa.... what the hell was up w/that final play?!?!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uthoff is the best player on iowa and they never seem to go to him down the stretch. makes no sense to me. woodbury MIA on defensive glass

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. that is a travel. no foul at all

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2