• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Hill

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he is hurt and I have him on my fantasy team. Do I get rid of him? I have Kipnis (yes hurt) but I also have Utley.

Do I keep him until he is healthy or what?

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he is hurt and I have him on my fantasy team. Do I get rid of him? I have Kipnis (yes hurt) but I also have Utley.

No DL spots on your roster?

If not it would be tough to hold on to him.....As Rev Jim pointed out in another thread, his injury is a wrist injury and even when he comes back, those can often linger sapping into his production.....

I like Hill a lot (obviously being a D-back fan) but I never expected last years production from him anyway and this wrist injury just adds to that.....I hope I'm wrong and he tears it up when he comes of the DL....:D

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No DL spots on your roster?

If not it would be tough to hold on to him.....As Rev Jim pointed out in another thread, his injury is a wrist injury and even when he comes back, those can often linger sapping into his production.....

I like Hill a lot (obviously being a D-back fan) but I never expected last years production from him anyway and this wrist injury just adds to that.....I hope I'm wrong and he tears it up when he comes of the DL....:D

Yeah I do have him on my DL right now but I am in a money league and clearly I want to win. So I am trying to get the most productive players I can.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I do have him on my DL right now but I am in a money league and clearly I want to win. So I am trying to get the most productive players I can.

You should never try to win......I always try to finish last, so when I inevitably fail I'm happy......:D

I guess your question confuses me then if he's on your DL.....are you looking to drop him and add another player off the DL????

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should never try to win......I always try to finish last, so when I inevitably fail I'm happy......:D

I guess your question confuses me then if he's on your DL.....are you looking to drop him and add another player off the DL????

:laugh3: True... Never try to win

Yeah I am wondering if I should drop him and pick up another player

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't drop him. Put him on the DL. Then you can also pick up another player. And when Hill comes back, if that new player isn't doing as well, then you drop him for Hill.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is only droppable in the shallowest non-DL leagues. You know, like those 10 team, 9 starting hitter leagues on the site that shall not be named.

There is a chance that the injury saps production when Hill returns, but he has a premier line-up spot on a good offensive team in one of the best hitters parks at a scarce position. Keep Hill on your DL.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is great to see so many familiar faces over here.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he's on your DL and you don't need to make any moves right now then hold. Utley is doing well but he only did rehab on his knees and never had surgery, so there is the chance he could go down at any time. Given how fragile his knees are it would hurt if you dropped Hill and Utley went down.

If anything, if you're overburden with second basemen, why not try and trade Utley or Kipnis for something you need instead of settling for the leftovers on waivers. Or try trading Hill when it gets closer to his return date (you won't get full value if you try it now).

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's on your DL and you don't need to make any moves right now then hold. Utley is doing well but he only did rehab on his knees and never had surgery, so there is the chance he could go down at any time. Given how fragile his knees are it would hurt if you dropped Hill and Utley went down.

If anything, if you're overburden with second basemen, why not try and trade Utley or Kipnis for something you need instead of settling for the leftovers on waivers. Or try trading Hill when it gets closer to his return date (you won't get full value if you try it now).

I never thought of this. Thanks!

Also thanks everyone for your advice!