• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand my first FF question of the season!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just too much to keep up with, that's why I just don't allow off-season trades in my keeper league, it's just too damn confusing and leads to shit like this. I agree with Treff though that while it is within the rules, I'm pretty sure that this wasn't what anybody had in mind when they wrote it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if his choice is throwing Jefferson into the draft pool or get something, how is this trade wrong? I'd guess because other were not aware he wasn't keeping Jefferson and didn't make an offer. Personally would of kept Jefferson over Ekeler. The question is why didn't he let be known that Jefferson was available, would of got a better return I would think. Seen deals like this in various non keeper leagues where a owner wants to move a stud but doesn't advertise. Definitely makes you angry when he ends up taking way less then he could of with a little advertising.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is tough.

Yes, JJ should have gone for more.

Heck, JJ should have been kept over Chubb.

But….

In leagues like this with only 2 keepers, just not a ton of trade value predraft for anybody.

He probably should have received a return like you did for Kupp, but not enough to veto IMO.

Unrelated, I know tKing is your boy, but time to trade him Sam!

Mileage is getting heavy. Won’t be long before he breaks down.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I'd have kept Double J over Ekeler, Chubb and Deebo...wouldn't trade him straight up for any of those dudes, so I cant see why I'd keep one over him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an antique. I started when there was no fantasy anything. baseball was Rotisserie when I started in 1985. I started one of the first fantasy football leagues in the fall of 1985. I had to do manual stats from USA Today on Monday and Tuesday. There were no electronic football programs.

Hence, I've pretty much seen every type of shady and illegal move or trade.

First, one has to look at the teams and determine if the team trading the "better" player would protect him over all of his remaining players. Or does he have a stacked team and would be protecting Johnathan Taylor and Nick Chubb? Not every trade is intended to be evil, just a better position for the guy making the trade. Then again, if the trade is one for someone you desperately need but couldn't pony up enough to even make a counter offer, of course you'll scream like a wounded rabbit.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many WRs were kept in other years?

Because if only one or two WRs are usually kept it's not crazy that nobody wants to pay much for even an elite one.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is tough.

Yes, JJ should have gone for more.

Heck, JJ should have been kept over Chubb.

But….

In leagues like this with only 2 keepers, just not a ton of trade value predraft for anybody.

He probably should have received a return like you did for Kupp, but not enough to veto IMO.

Unrelated, I know tKing is your boy, but time to trade him Sam!

Mileage is getting heavy. Won’t be long before he breaks down.
Yeah, I need to draft another keeper or 2 fer next year I'm afraid..........

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many WRs were kept in other years?

Because if only one or two WRs are usually kept it's not crazy that nobody wants to pay much for even an elite one.
Just counted-8 WR and 1 TE......................more that I thought TBH

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, they decided to split the difference at a 7th rounder.

Yeah.

Personally I think JJ should be valued significantly ahead of Kupp in dynasty.

Might be a case where you were a bit fortunate to get as much as you did for Kupp also.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Personally I think JJ should be valued significantly ahead of Kupp in dynasty.

Might be a case where you were a bit fortunate to get as much as you did for Kupp also.
Yup, I was pretty happy to get a 3rd fer him but I was not gonna take a 4th. Figured he'd just be back on the pile and move a player closer to my draft position.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your first keeper replaces your first-round pick, and your second keeper replaces your second-round pick? Snake draft?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Sam.
Your owners make the trivial whining in my other leagues seem like saints.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No snake.............
Okay, so it's gotta be like a top-20 guy to consider keeping, because you can get a top-24 guy at the back end of the second round if you only keep one anyway. So with a seventh, it's kinda like one guy traded Lamb and Pollard for JJ, and the other guy traded away JJ for Chubb and Thielen.

Doesn't seem crazy.

A 13th was a stretch, though.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so it's gotta be like a top-20 guy to consider keeping, because you can get a top-24 guy at the back end of the second round if you only keep one anyway. So with a seventh, it's kinda like one guy traded Lamb and Pollard for JJ, and the other guy traded away JJ for Chubb and Thielen.

Doesn't seem crazy.

A 13th was a stretch, though.
Yeah, but like last night I had a conversation with the guy that gave the 13th fer JJ, and he's telling me that he is sure I would trade JConner fer a 10th right now. There is no way I'm doing that as that takes a guy out of the pool that may actually get drafted ahead of my pick. I mean there has to be a point where it doesn't make sense anymore. And the way half of this league drafts, there are teams that have to make these trades just to have 2 decent keepers. Shit, We almost had JJ and Deebo in the pool. Kamara is in the pool. I'm hoping to get a shot at Conner but I bet he goes before it gets to me at 11.