• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A total of 56 different schools will have started a new football program from 2008-16

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting fact I noticed today Twelve new college football programs to launch in 2013, 11 more in 2014-16

of the schools that started one from 2009-11 4 of them will be playing FBS football this year

so a lot of these schools may as well strike while the iron's hot

think about it, today's media is making a big deal about new football programs it's really helped these schools

Old Dominion got a lot of notice when they started theirs, it helped that they were quickly competitive, they ended up moving to conference-usa.

South Alabama got a lot of notice, but they were on route to FBS from the get-go. .

UTSA and Georgia State both got perhaps the most media attention, they didn't originally have any plans to jump to FBS, but the media attention caused the Wac and Sun Belt to notice, now UTSA joined the Wac, but then went to Conference usa because the Wac folded, while Georgia State is joining the Sun Belt this year.

The Charlotte 49ers also got a lot of publicity for the program their starting this year, Conference USA decided to add them before they even played a down of football.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just hope that FBS football does not become like Division 1 basketball and end up with an over ridiculous amount of teams

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just hope that FBS football does not become like Division 1 basketball and end up with an over ridiculous amount of teams

luckily I don't think that will happen sir

but watch out for East Tennessee State, there's been a lot of publicity around that program, I think there's a good chance they're in the Sun Belt soon, the program starts in 2015