• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A REAL FANS PERSPECTIVE!!!!!!!

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I live and breath hockey here in Canada.

I became a Flyers fan in 1986-87.

My Uncle gave me a bunch of Flyers stuff for Christmas!
Orange was my favorite color.

Hexy stood on his head, too bad that was his best year, and the baller #12 was missing. Then the Chelios elbow, that Fucker desrves an ass kicking still, I'd slap 5 shades of shit out of him for what he did to Propp!!!!!!!

Since that happened I've seen Tocchet my favorite player growing up get hurt and the Flyers out for 5 years in a row out of the playoffs.

debcale in 1996, fuck detroit no goaltending in games 1-2 though

Since alot of injuries and 1 thing or another. From Lindros in 2001 to desjardin+raggnarsson+jonssenbrokenhand in 2004, and Primeau, and 2008 with Gagne+Timmonen+Coburn.

2009 not good enough d wasn't good enough against the Pens.

2010 a deeper team in Chi

2011 3 1st rounders and a 3rd morgaged for Pronger and that waste of space Versteeeg, and a 2nd for Mesarjos.

If this team can't get out of the 1st round they officially can suck my balls!!!! When will this team finally get a #1 goalie too.

I still love the Mesarjos for a 2nd though, and the Flyers had to do the Pronger deal which was and is a gooooooood deal, but they have to win the cup before Pronger is gone or this whole thing is SCREWED!!!!!!

Lets GO Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No 1 can responded to that because it's all the truth.

My Last post, because they play better when I'm gone.

Lets Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the mez deal might have been almost as good as the pronger deal, he's been money

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tim Kerr rode Brian Propp's coattails, and played for the Rangers.
My best friend growing up was a Kerr fan, I have been having this argument over who was a better Flyer for 30 years!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Flyer's fan since the 60's. Does that qualify me as a "REAL FAN" too?? ;)

...and PR.....everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but......are you insane man?? lol Without one, the others stats would have dropped significantly.

Gretzky - Kurri

Oates - Hull

etc...etc

They both benefited greatly from the others style of play. IMO, to say one rode anothers coattails is just crazy. :)

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way, Kerr was a big oaf who collected Propp's garbage... Just kidding actually. The FLyers might have won a Cup if Kerr had been healthy in any playoff run.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!! Woulda's - Coulda's - Shoulda's and If's huh? :)

Just like the current one....it sure would have been sweet to see that team win it all. Oh well...

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
nice post 805....we hear you brother we are all in the same boat..bleed orange foreven genst thats the way of life.......LETS GO FLYERS

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well said 805!!!!

Don't forget we also were stuck with garth snow against Detroit........Bigger pads still helped that guy 0!

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I live and breath hockey here in Canada.

I became a Flyers fan in 1986-87.

My Uncle gave me a bunch of Flyers stuff for Christmas!
Orange was my favorite color.

Hexy stood on his head, too bad that was his best year, and the baller #12 was missing. Then the Chelios elbow, that Fucker desrves an ass kicking still, I'd slap 5 shades of shit out of him for what he did to Propp!!!!!!!

Since that happened I've seen Tocchet my favorite player growing up get hurt and the Flyers out for 5 years in a row out of the playoffs.

debcale in 1996, fuck detroit no goaltending in games 1-2 though

Since alot of injuries and 1 thing or another. From Lindros in 2001 to desjardin+raggnarsson+jonssenbrokenhand in 2004, and Primeau, and 2008 with Gagne+Timmonen+Coburn.

2009 not good enough d wasn't good enough against the Pens.

2010 a deeper team in Chi

2011 3 1st rounders and a 3rd morgaged for Pronger and that waste of space Versteeeg, and a 2nd for Mesarjos.

If this team can't get out of the 1st round they officially can suck my balls!!!! When will this team finally get a #1 goalie too.

I still love the Mesarjos for a 2nd though, and the Flyers had to do the Pronger deal which was and is a gooooooood deal, but they have to win the cup before Pronger is gone or this whole thing is SCREWED!!!!!!

Lets GO Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one you don't mention that still kills me is the Lindros trade. They gave two cups to Quebec for a guy who could have been the best player ever, if he gave a shit more than one game in ten, didn't have an egg shell skull, and skated with his head up.

Whatever happens with Pronger, it clearly made this team mountains better than it was. If it results in a cup, then it paid off, but even if it doesn't, it was well-taken risk, in my opinion.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PhillyBOston, my only argument in favor of the Lindros trade was that it was necessary to maintain fan interest. THe new building was under construction, and the team was as boring as possible under Russ Farwell. We had TOmmy SOderstrom in net, and no stars to get excited about. FOrsberg had not come over yet, and Lindros was guaranteed to put the Flyers back on the map.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PhillyBOston, my only argument in favor of the Lindros trade was that it was necessary to maintain fan interest. THe new building was under construction, and the team was as boring as possible under Russ Farwell. We had TOmmy SOderstrom in net, and no stars to get excited about. FOrsberg had not come over yet, and Lindros was guaranteed to put the Flyers back on the map.

yep...yep...yep! :)

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Wait, I thought Hextall went in that trade, which is what put Soderstrom in net. And didn't he backstop their two Stanley Cups? (Maybe I'm crazy, but this was before Roy got there, right?) EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong. It was Roy in net for both their stanley cup wins.

Plus FORSEBERG went in that trade, along with a lot of other fire power (Ricci, Steve Duschene) that could have lit up the building.

At the time, it was a massive deal that could have netted the Flyers one of, if not the best, player in NHL history, so it was defensible at the time although still a boat load to give up. The problem is it panned out about as one-sided as any trade could short of Lindros never suiting up for the Flyers.

Last edited by a moderator:

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was still easier at the time to market the "next one" that was Canadian and built in the Bobby CLarke style model than Foppa. Obviously I would like to have it back now... But I still think it was necessary, even looking back. The rest of the pieces moved weren't that painful. Duchesne ended up in Detroit, but was never a star again. RIcci was a 4th line checker for years, but never a star. I still have my Ricci Flyers jersey! And Hexy had already wrecked his groin, was never the same, ended on the Island, and back here eventually.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was still easier at the time to market the "next one" that was Canadian and built in the Bobby CLarke style model than Foppa. Obviously I would like to have it back now... But I still think it was necessary, even looking back. The rest of the pieces moved weren't that painful. Duchesne ended up in Detroit, but was never a star again. RIcci was a 4th line checker for years, but never a star. I still have my Ricci Flyers jersey! And Hexy had already wrecked his groin, was never the same, ended on the Island, and back here eventually.

My friends and I talk about that trade all of the time. What if.......