• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A random thought re: CB

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is unrealistic, but it struck me today that Culliver was picked on/targeted last time we played the Giants. He's a physical corner who has done pretty well against some big, physical guys in Megatron and Colston (thought his coverage on the TD was quite good, but the throw and catch were perfect). However, against Manningham he got burnt a couple times. I think Spencer might be a better matchup there as Manningham is more of a technique/finesse player without particularly noteworthy measurables.. As said, it's highly unlikely to happen, but it might be one way to throw a wrench in NY's gameplan.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
At this point I have more faith in Culliver than Spencer. He's starting to come into his own. And I was watchin' the replay of the Niners win over the Giants from earlier in the season, and he had a BRUTAL hit on one of the players. Forget who it was, but I wanted to see who made the hit and it was #29.

We have to remember Culliver is a rookie; (even Patrick Peterson struggled in coverage this year) and although #29's ahead of schedule he was still pretty raw 2 and a half mongths ago.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is unrealistic, but it struck me today that Culliver was picked on/targeted last time we played the Giants. He's a physical corner who has done pretty well against some big, physical guys in Megatron and Colston (thought his coverage on the TD was quite good, but the throw and catch were perfect). However, against Manningham he got burnt a couple times. I think Spencer might be a better matchup there as Manningham is more of a technique/finesse player without particularly noteworthy measurables.. As said, it's highly unlikely to happen, but it might be one way to throw a wrench in NY's gameplan.

That's funny, I thought about that too. Not the part about Spencer, I gave up on him last season after he gave up on that one play where he thought the guy (I forgot against who) was down or out of bounds or whatever. I'm so glad he gets no pt this season.

As to Culliver though, I think after watching the film on the last time we played the Giants he would have seen that he only needed to have more desire. It was really only that td, and that seemed like he could've laid out to make a play on the ball. It seemed like he kind of gave up on it just like he did on the other Manningham almost td catch that was out of bounds. They're going to have to get him some over the top help though to help make sure. I think they are going t o pick on him too, Goldson could easily have two picks this game if he's assigned to help Culliver on all deep passes.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

C'mon man; has Spencer even played this year at all?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
C'mon man; has Spencer even played this year at all?

Barely. I agree it's far-fetched and a bit ridiculous, but I think the Spencer of 2010 and 2009 is a good matchup on Manningham. It's unlikely he's that same player right now.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barely. I agree it's far-fetched and a bit ridiculous, but I think the Spencer of 2010 and 2009 is a good matchup on Manningham. It's unlikely he's that same player right now.

I would think Spencer would be extremely rusty and not football ready. Both Culliver and Brown, though susceptible to getting burned occasionally, have made a lot of improvement over the season. They'll do fine. It's Goldson and Whitner going for the big hit and forgetting their coverage responsibility that worries me.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm slightly upset Spencer hasn't been more involved in the game plan, but i suppose the coaches have their reasons for that. If he doesn't make a large contribution to this game i expect to see him cut before he's do a pretty hefty sum of money next year.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm slightly upset Spencer hasn't been more involved in the game plan, but i suppose the coaches have their reasons for that. If he doesn't make a large contribution to this game i expect to see him cut before he's do a pretty hefty sum of money next year.

Yeah, he's done as a 49er. He made $3.1 million this year sitting on the bench, and he is due another 3.2 million next year before he becomes a FA in 2013. I guess the good thing is that cutting him will free up some desperately needed cap space to bring back some of the team's starting FAs.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's done as a 49er. He made $3.1 million this year sitting on the bench, and he is due another 3.2 million next year before he becomes a FA in 2013. I guess the good thing is that cutting him will free up some desperately needed cap space to bring back some of the team's starting FAs.

True, besides Brian Jennings i believe he has the longest tenure with the 49ers. He had a couple of solid seasons in '09 and '10, but luckily Rogers and Culliver came along.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I remember someone posting that on the old boards. Obviously it was planned because 35 (can't remember who that was) backed up before Spencer laid the hit on him. I still think the funniest part of the video is when 35 busted up laughing. The delayed reaction by Brooks is freakin hilarious too.

Brooks didn't seem to think it was funny. I think number 35 is Phillip Adams.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be honest....I completely forgot about Spencer.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

What a way to earn 3.1 million dollars, huh? Watching football from the best spot in the house......the sideline.

I almost added to my original post, I'll ride the pine for a cool million.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh... Spencer is living the life, good enough to not cut.... but not good enough to play... and collecting 3 million in the process.

I was wondering why he wasn't pissed off that he kept showing up on the inactive list, but when i went to rotoworld.com and looked up his contract today.. I finally realized why.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cully played with a fever too vs the saints... ballzy...

God i hope our secondary shuts them down.....