• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A perfect match up for Manning

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
old news I know but surely Elway must supply some level of psychological advantage to Peyton. John was such a powerful competitor and often times that can be a significant tie breaker. John always believed he could.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a very interesting read.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a very interesting read.
I happened upon a youtube earlier in the day that was 55 min. of John Elway comebacks....just made me think of how important his desire to win was, and the possibility of infusing that into an entire team. He had described in the video that it wasn't just him, but that it required that "no quit" attitude throughout the team. And of course it always seemed that the bigger the game, the more that attitude took over. I think that's something that can only be taught by someone who has lived it, which also makes me think of just how important John Elway is to the Bronco's, even now. I also really loved how it seemed as if it was very often the Chiefs that were on the receiving end of John refusing to lose no matter what.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happened upon a youtube earlier in the day that was 55 min. of John Elway comebacks....just made me think of how important his desire to win was, and the possibility of infusing that into an entire team. He had described in the video that it wasn't just him, but that it required that "no quit" attitude throughout the team. And of course it always seemed that the bigger the game, the more that attitude took over. I think that's something that can only be taught by someone who has lived it, which also makes me think of just how important John Elway is to the Bronco's, even now. I also really loved how it seemed as if it was very often the Chiefs that were on the receiving end of John refusing to lose no matter what.

And the Browns. I think Elway is still public enemy #1 in Cleveland. Well, maybe #2 after Modell.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Browns. I think Elway is still public enemy #1 in Cleveland. Well, maybe #2 after Modell.

I can attest to this. My girlfriend's dad is from Cleveland and he still hates Elway. I get a chuckle every time I bring up Elway or The Drive and watch her dad grumble.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah the video showed a lot of abuse of the Browns as well...and some good ones with the Raiders as well of course.