• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Letter From A Michigan Fan To Coach Beamer.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Jim Weaver forwarded this to Coach Beamer, and we're forwarding it to you:

Dear Mr. Weaver,

I am hopeful that you might send this note along to Coach Beamer. I'm sure the coach is regularly inundated with messages, but I hope he might read this one. I'll do my best to keep it brief.

My wife and I are both alumni of the University of Michigan, in fact we hold both our undergraduate and masters degrees from Michigan. We've been Michigan football season ticket holders since 1988 and Michigan football fans for more than 30 years. We were enamored of and humbled by how your football coach and the players who sat in the post-game press conference conducted themselves and represented your university after the Sugar Bowl game.

For those of us involved in sports (I'm a high school baseball coach), we know that occasionally the better team does not emerge victorious. This was certainly true of the Sugar Bowl game where the team I root for benefited from a host of lucky bounces and questionable rules interpretations. I can only imagine the disappointment, frustration and befuddlement faced by Coach Beamer, his players, and the Virginia Tech community in the moments immediately following that game. And although I am sure that Coach Beamer has the acumen and savvy to hold his emotions in check, who would have blamed him or his players for lashing out a bit after the game. The fact that your head football coach and his players were more than magnanimous in their postgame remarks sent a resounding message to me and my wife about the quality of your coach's character and the quality of the players he has both recruited and helped to mold.

Although I have no ties to your university, I have always found myself a fan of your football team. I now have a more palpable reason to be a fan of Virginia Tech, and I believe many Michigan alumni and fans feel the same way. Coach Beamer and his team are shining examples of true sportsmanship. I'm not sure if notes of this sort ever trickle their way through the system to the coach or the players, but I hope Coach Beamer and his team know how honorably they represented their program, their school and themselves.

Regards,

Walter K. Butzu Chair of English Department University Liggett School "

:)

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will notice that the newly enacted No Swearing policy in the VT section of SportsHoopla now puts the classiness of the locals on par with Beamers.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will notice that the newly enacted No Swearing policy in the VT section of SportsHoopla now puts the classiness of the locals on par with Beamers.

:confused2:

Did I swear? Or is this a warning?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:confused2:

Did I swear? Or is this a warning?

No, I got reprimanded earlier.

Where did you see this? Thanks for posting it.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reprimanded by the swearing police?? I didnt see that Ck..where was that "policy"??

EDIT: Never mind..found it..
"for 2012 we need special teams to not blow $%#@. "

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are Michigan fans and their letter gets forwarded? That's BS. I'm a Hokie and my letters to Weaver about Bryan Stinespring never get forwarded to Beamer.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh okay :happy: I didn't want to ruffle any feathers w/ my first post on the Hokie board. (LOL I said ruffle feathers. Get it?)

It was on the CFB sub-reddit (College Football) as a x-post from the Hokie sub-reddit (Virginia Tech).

dngrcnnn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say a lot about our big game collapses, but you can rarely question VTs sportsmanship.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good find champy