• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A good read from a Philly reporter...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I do agree the Broncos are beatable. This is the NFL. Just not for the reasons this writer states.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were discussing this on the local radio here today. He is giving the Eagles Defense WAY too much credit. They are terrible and they have not played a quality opponent in my opinion. They have given up an average of 28+ points per game the first 3 weeks against the Redskins, Chargers and Chiefs.

At 26+ PPG, I hardly would call Chip Kelly's offense "High Flying" or even that up-tempo. Of those 3, only the Chiefs have shown they can play some defense, holding them to 16 points.

But he only looks at the loss of Clady & Champ to injury, and the departure of Dumervil and Von's suspension as a weakness the Eagles can expose.

They have done just fine so far with out Champ and Von on D. Dumervil's production has been more than replaced by Ayers and Phillips and Cromartie/Harris/Carter and the rest of the DBfield are holding their own.

No way the Eagles Defense even remotely slows down the Broncos passing game. This might be the worst defense we have faced yet.

51-17. Go Broncos!

"I'm hoping that everybody wins their matchups. At the end of the day, we can fight and scratch up front to get to the quarterback, but we have to make sure we handle our matchups behind [us], too," Graham said. "You can take us out of the game by throwing the ball quickly every play. We've just got to make him hold the ball a little bit, give ourselves a chance."
Read more at Without key personnel, the Broncos are beatable

Good luck with that, Graham!

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part is the poll where even 62% of Philly fans think the Broncos win.

This line kills me_

"The defense in which Brian Dawkins rode into the sunset on top of his game - a Pro Bowl season in 2011 alongside the aforementioned trio - now, justifiably, exists as the undercard to the Manning Show. Consider: Without Dawkins, the defense actually got a little better."

Well, the last sentence is at least accurate.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another gem-

"That side will be attacked this week by Trent Cole, a converted 4-3 defensive end now playing linebacker in a 3-scheme; but who, really, simply acts as an end on 90 percent of the plays. Cole will be ravenous after three games without a sack."

Translation from Philly Homer to English: He has not had a sack yet this season.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another gem-

"That side will be attacked this week by Trent Cole, a converted 4-3 defensive end now playing linebacker in a 3-scheme; but who, really, simply acts as an end on 90 percent of the plays. Cole will be ravenous after three games without a sack."

Translation from Philly Homer to English: He has not had a sack yet this season.

Yes, I thought that was hilarious, too. The guy's reasoning for claiming Cole will "be ravenous" is that he has not had a sack. In other words, he is saying, "He is going to have a big game because he hasn't had a big game." Sometimes players are just due to break out, but when that is the case, a good sports writer will justify why he thinks a player is due for a breakout game.

I swear sometimes I read sports writing and I am convinced I could do a better job than at least half the clowns I read. That goes from local guys to ESPN to Sports Illustrated writers.

kagey7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never let facts get in the way of a good story!!! Amazing. But the East Coast bias comes into play here too. They are so arrogant and anything between Philly & the 49ers is just hick country,

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear sometimes I read sports writing and I am convinced I could do a better job than at least half the clowns I read. That goes from local guys to ESPN to Sports Illustrated writers.

That is one of the main reasons I do not read "sports writers" anymore, I just read bloggers and occasionally peruse an article if I like the sound of it or someone else points out that it is a good read. Anymore, hte bloggers are better informed about the game, not just looking to get hits, are better writers and can spell better, and are more knowledge and have better insight than the "insiders". Opinion columnists such as Woody Paige and Kiszla have a special go f* yourself place in my heart that I refuse to talk about.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of the main reasons I do not read "sports writers" anymore, I just read bloggers and occasionally peruse an article if I like the sound of it or someone else points out that it is a good read. Anymore, hte bloggers are better informed about the game, not just looking to get hits, are better writers and can spell better, and are more knowledge and have better insight than the "insiders". Opinion columnists such as Woody Paige and Kiszla have a special go f* yourself place in my heart that I refuse to talk about.

I agree about knowledge of the game. Hell, when CBS was up, the guys there (many of whom are here now) often proved more reliable than any sports writer.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never let facts get in the way of a good story!!! Amazing. But the East Coast bias comes into play here too. They are so arrogant and anything between Philly & the 49ers is just hick country,

Not even "East Coast Bias." This is Philly.com. Chances are the sports writer for the site is going to be a Philly homer. Obviously this guy forgot to consult the Ravens, Giants, and Raiders before writing this....ha!

And, yes, our run defense has been helped by teams abandoning the run. However, What Chip Kelly neglects to mention is that run D is also pretty good in the 1st half of games.

Sure, Denver w/out key personnel can be "beatable." That's true about any team. New England also looks "beatable." Problem is, no one has figured out how to do it for either them or the Broncos yet.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the line: Denver hasn't faced a RB like McCoy yet. Guess he doesn't think much of Rice or McFadden:whistle:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, yes, our run defense has been helped by teams abandoning the run. However, What Chip Kelly neglects to mention is that run D is also pretty good in the 1st half of games.

In order for the Broncos to pull away from their opponents the way they have they have to be able to stop the run. If the other team is able to continually run the ball early in games, it doesn't matter how good our offense is. There is a reason teams have abandoned the run. First, it hasn't been affective. If it were affective they would be able to trade passing yards for rushing yards with the Broncos. Second, because it isn't affective, they go to the pass. This further helps the Broncos stats against the run, Kelly is right about that. But to ignore WHY this is true is to not give this Broncos defense the full credit it is due.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the line: Denver hasn't faced a RB like McCoy yet. Guess he doesn't think much of Rice or McFadden:whistle, And, yes, our run defense has been helped by teams abandoning the run. However, What Chip Kelly neglects to mention is that run D is also pretty good in the 1st half of games.:

We held Ray Rice to 37 yards rushing in the first half and the score was 14-7 at halftime. They had not abandoned the run at the point or into the 3rd quarter.

They chose to pass the ball often in that game thinking they could exploit the Broncos secondary as they did in the playoff game.

Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure those guys in the Denver D-Backfield were committed to not letting that happen again.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the whole being a homer for your own team but to me when they are writing things like this they are just ignoring some of the easiest stats to look up. One that this writer just grazes over is the fact that the Broncos are not just the best at yards per game in the run game because honestly that stat means jack squat. The one that should be paid attention to would be the yards per carry as that is a better indicator of how a team is against the run and well look at that the Broncos are leading in that category too. Throw in before the Raiders played the Broncos they were ranked either 1st or 2nd in yards per game and yards per carry and the Raider writers said the same thing of they would be able to run on us since we were missing so many of our great players. Yeah that didn't happen.

Now I do agree the Broncos are beatable and this week is probably as good of a chance at least for a home game that any team all year long will have considering all the extra days the Eagles have had to prepare. Having said that I don't think many are giving them much of a chance even their own fans in this one. I was listening to 104.3 this whole week and they have started having writers from the team we are playing come on and even most of the writers didn't give the Eagles much of a chance. Should be a fun one for sure to watch!

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were discussing this on the local radio here today. He is giving the Eagles Defense WAY too much credit. They are terrible and they have not played a quality opponent in my opinion. They have given up an average of 28+ points per game the first 3 weeks against the Redskins, Chargers and Chiefs.

At 26+ PPG, I hardly would call Chip Kelly's offense "High Flying" or even that up-tempo. Of those 3, only the Chiefs have shown they can play some defense, holding them to 16 points.

But he only looks at the loss of Clady & Champ to injury, and the departure of Dumervil and Von's suspension as a weakness the Eagles can expose.

They have done just fine so far with out Champ and Von on D. Dumervil's production has been more than replaced by Ayers and Phillips and Cromartie/Harris/Carter and the rest of the DBfield are holding their own.

No way the Eagles Defense even remotely slows down the Broncos passing game. This might be the worst defense we have faced yet.

51-17. Go Broncos!

"I'm hoping that everybody wins their matchups. At the end of the day, we can fight and scratch up front to get to the quarterback, but we have to make sure we handle our matchups behind [us], too," Graham said. "You can take us out of the game by throwing the ball quickly every play. We've just got to make him hold the ball a little bit, give ourselves a chance."
Read more at Without key personnel, the Broncos are beatable

Good luck with that, Graham!

51-17 was my prediction and actual score 52-20.

Yes, I took the over.

:omg:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
51-17 was my prediction and actual score 52-20.

Yes, I took the over.

:omg:

That was a beat down. No matter how you spin it, that was a beat down. The Broncos are averaging over 44 ppg through 4 games, and a tick over 22 ppg against. They've nearly doubled up their opponents through these first 4 games. That's hard to do. This is an impressive team. They've got a long way to go, but they are off to as dominant a start as I've ever seen a from a Broncos team.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game not 1 thing to complain about this week.

LOL, I already heard that Manning was quickly going over the 2 penalties we had and the two 3rd downs we did not convert, lol.