• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9ers@saints predictions

Madskillz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course given the past few weeks. Saints have won some games and 9ers have lost so everyone wil pick New Orleans. What chances u give the 9ers this week? U kno theyl play better and itl b close game.

Thoughts?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have a good feeling about this one at all. Willis is doubtful and Skuta might not even be healthy. Brees can carve up the D like Manning did. What annoys me is that the NFL had us play in New Orleans again this year. The 49ers played there last year.

I know there is time left but this is starting to feel for me this is not the 49ers year. The injuries won't cease on top of everything else.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints win by at least 2 TD's, Borland and Wilhoite trying to cover Graham is gonna be comical. A rookie canter trying to deal with the noise in the Dome is gonna be rough, expect a lot of false starts and miscues that will continue to bog down this already stagnant Offense.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds are definitely against us especially given how we performed vs the Rams after a bye week plus Saints had extra time to heal up/prep for us after a Thursday night game.

However this niners team has a frustrating/exciting way of playing down/up to their competition.

But playing Saints at their house without Aldon Smith/Willis & Bowman will be a tough task.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the Oline get their act together, Niners will continue to struggle. Possibly no Willis, a rookie center who was ovedwhelmed at home is a recipe for disaster. The Superdome will be loud and Martin will struggle. Defense will keep the Niners in the game, but at the end, Saints win 24 - 17.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course given the past few weeks. Saints have won some games and 9ers have lost so everyone wil pick New Orleans. What chances u give the 9ers this week? U kno theyl play better and itl b close game.

Thoughts?

Don't know what to think. If Harbaugh truly has lost the team they'll get beaten soundly. It could just as easily be a close 49er victory if the 49ers come out determined to make up for the embarrassing performance last Sunday.

That's the long way of saying "I have no clue".

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is be pleasantly surprised with a win. Our offense has no rhythm and playing in NO is not a good way to find it. Expecting another frustrating game but hoping for a turn around, obviously

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers seem to have gotten away from what made them so tough to defend...Gore with a FB in front 20+ times and playaction off him...at least in the games I've watched, the OL is not blocking this 3 wide shotgun formation look long enough for Kaep to get off his 1st read if not open...I don't see the front 7 putting enough heat on Brees to win this game...I picked it 24-20 Saints, but if NO gets rolling early they could go north of 30 in this one.

Unless the Saints are giving up some short fields, I don't like the 9ers chances of outscoring them.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers seem to have gotten away from what made them so tough to defend...Gore with a FB in front 20+ times and playaction off him...at least in the games I've watched, the OL is not blocking this 3 wide shotgun formation look long enough for Kaep to get off his 1st read if not open...I don't see the front 7 putting enough heat on Brees to win this game...I picked it 24-20 Saints, but if NO gets rolling early they could go north of 30 in this one.

Unless the Saints are giving up some short fields, I don't like the 9ers chances of outscoring them.

The line is not blocking well period. The run blocking is not what it once was. The injuries and revolving door on the oline has not helped. The running YPA is down this year on 1st downs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Until the Oline get their act together, Niners will continue to struggle. Possibly no Willis, a rookie center who was ovedwhelmed at home is a recipe for disaster. The Superdome will be loud and Martin will struggle. Defense will keep the Niners in the game, but at the end, Saints win 24 - 17.

agree, they just haven't been run blocking well.

they've had pass protection breakdowns too, but it isn't ALL on those five guys. Last week was the best example of our pass protect schemes were a mess.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints win by at least 2 TD's, Borland and Wilhoite trying to cover Graham is gonna be comical. A rookie canter trying to deal with the noise in the Dome is gonna be rough, expect a lot of false starts and miscues that will continue to bog down this already stagnant Offense.

Yes, the Saints will score at will off of our ridiculously simple pass coverages but the thing about the Saints though is that they play man to man coverage and this benefits Kaepernick. Kaepernicck is fooled by even the most rudimentary zone coverages but when its Man coverage all he has to do is look to see who is beating his man. He generally does well against those teams.

My guess is it will be a close loss with the Saints marching down for the winning FG or TD against a helpless 49er D who sit back passively while Brees picks them apart on the final drive.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Thoughts?

this will be one of those weird games that doesn't follow the 'script'. a lot of people will bet on the Saints, but the 49ers will win by at least a TD, and hold them reasonably down.

34 - 24 49ers

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AS a 49ers fan I hope we win but as a realistic NFL fan I think saints win. Tough to beat saints at home.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niner's coaching staff read our posts on sportshoopla..... 28-10 Niners.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a defining game in terms of the rest of the season. I think it will go one of two was...hopefully not the latter: We come out like a cornered wolverine, play with fury, and pull off an upset at the dome 28-17, or we come out flat and get run up like the Denver game. If I had to be held to one of the predictions...I'm going to go with the win...I hope if there is dissension in the locker room...the players lean on each other and say fu#k the media, fu#k the coaches...let's do this for us.