• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/29 Dogs @ Champs

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'll go to bed before the apocalypse begins in San Francisco. Good night all. Here's to 2016.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we knew this fucking day would come and here it is... still blows.

I'm spent, get em next year, already psyched for it....but I am so done with 2015

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another odd year, and hell this one lasted pretty danged long. The future is looking really bright.

Rooting hard for the Mets and Pirates in the NL, the Blue Jays and (don't kill me) the Yankees in the AL. It wouldn't be that bad either to see the Royals win it either, and the Cubs would be a never-ending story.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another odd year, and hell this one lasted pretty danged long. The future is looking really bright.

Rooting hard for the Mets and Pirates in the NL, the Blue Jays and (don't kill me) the Yankees in the AL. It wouldn't be that bad either to see the Royals win it either, and the Cubs would be a never-ending story.
I'm still hoping the Angels and Astros can somehow bounce the Yankees from the wild card. However, the Yankees have a 3 game lead on the Angels and 3.5 over the Astros. Not impossible but odds are not in their favor.
Based on who looks to make it in, I'm going with the NL in this order: Cardinals, Pirates, Cubs, Mets, postseason canceled. And in the AL: Toronto, Kansas City, Angels, Texas, postseason canceled.
A World Series of Dodgers-Yankees would be my worst nightmare.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still hoping the Angels and Astros can somehow bounce the Yankees from the wild card. However, the Yankees have a 3 game lead on the Angels and 3.5 over the Astros. Not impossible but odds are not in their favor.
Based on who looks to make it in, I'm going with the NL in this order: Cardinals, Pirates, Cubs, Mets, postseason canceled. And in the AL: Toronto, Kansas City, Angels, Texas, postseason canceled.
I think I would prefer the Royals over the Jays (even though the Jays were my pre-season pick for WS champs), and the Cubs over the Pirates, but neither are runaway, so I am OK with your root-rankings.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would prefer the Royals over the Jays (even though the Jays were my pre-season pick for WS champs), and the Cubs over the Pirates, but neither are runaway, so I am OK with your root-rankings.
The picks are relatively fluid. I wouldn't be bothered at all if the Royals made it over the Blue Jays or the Cubs over the Pirates or Cardinals (in fact, I almost listed the Cubs first. In hindsight, I'm not sure why I went with the Pirates over the Cubs). The bottom team in each league, however, is not flexible.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a bit sad but I'm not hanging my head. Hey, we took 'em down to the final week WITH HALF OF OUR STARTING POSITION PLAYERS OUT for various reasons. Hats off to the FO.

I've gotten over '02, so I wouldn't mind seeing the Angels have some success. It's kind of cool seeing the Old Guy and the Young Stud playing together. Also, WPTD, of course!!! The Kennel will hold them back, me thinks, as they are 20th out of 30 in era. Has a team ever won WS with that bad of a 'pen? Lord help Chicago if the Cubbies win. I am fearful of the celebratory carnage.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am pulling for the Stros or the Twinkies to make it in. Two young teams from nowhere.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My order of preference in each League, with a couple extra team in the AL because it is still up in the air:

AL: Jays, Astros, Twins, Yankees, Rangers, Royals, Angels.....

NL: Pirates, Mets, Cubs......and that is it. Lol

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL: Jays, Royals, Astros. It's about time a Canadian team won again.

NL: Mets, Pirates, Cubs. The Mets' color scheme is taken from the Giants and the Dodgers, so if they win, it is at least somewhat related to Giants history. I know that's a stretch, but it's the best reason I could come up with.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for the Cards, first. I like the fact that the Cards and Giants own the NL. The two best-run franchises in the sport deserve that designation.

After them, I would like to see the Cubs win, just for the story. But at the same time, their drought is probably the best on-going story in all of sports. I would hate to lose that. Besides, I would HATE to see Cubs fans walking around like they own the place. 110 years of pent up frustration will be messy.

Pirates are a good team, and a good org. Besides they gave us Schmidt and Sanchez and took Morris. We owe them AT LEAST our rooting interest.

I have no interest in the Muts outside of the fact they are not the dogs.

As for the AL...

Well, I hate AL baseball. I will root for the Cards, Cubs and Bucs over any AL team. I will probably root for the Mets ONLY over the Spanks. I will root for the Spanks over the dogs. Outside of that, I guess my root order would be Royals / Rangers / Jays / Astros / Spanks.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for the Cards, first. I like the fact that the Cards and Giants own the NL. The two best-run franchises in the sport deserve that designation.

After them, I would like to see the Cubs win, just for the story. But at the same time, their drought is probably the best on-going story in all of sports. I would hate to lose that. Besides, I would HATE to see Cubs fans walking around like they own the place. 110 years of pent up frustration will be messy.

Pirates are a good team, and a good org. Besides they gave us Schmidt and Sanchez and took Morris. We owe them AT LEAST our rooting interest.

I have no interest in the Muts outside of the fact they are not the dogs.

As for the AL...

Well, I hate AL baseball. I will root for the Cards, Cubs and Bucs over any AL team. I will probably root for the Mets ONLY over the Spanks. I will root for the Spanks over the dogs. Outside of that, I guess my root order would be Royals / Rangers / Jays / Astros / Spanks.

So true. If the Cubs end up winning it, we wouldn't hear the end of it for 110 years. I don't know if I can stand that.