• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/16 Stumblers @ Bumblers

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember some Boston fans scoffing at our trade for Peavy. They were thankful for what the guy did in a Sox uniform but didn't expect much from him in an SF uniform. Man were they (and many of us) wrong. The guy has been amazing.

Come on Romo, let's get out of this.

:agree:

Absolutely must sign this guy for the next 2-3 years

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama 22 High Cotton... Giants win 2-1 in Zona

When Matt Cain went down to injury everyone looked at GM Brian Sabean and asked for a pitcher. When Jake Peavy came to SF a lot of people shrugged their shoulders and said oh well let's see what will happen. Peavy was not considered a #1 starter like a Lester or David Price but his heart and determination have flourished and he is pitching like a top line starter. Tonight in Arizona Peavy brought his "A" game again and was dealing like he was on a riverboat back in the day with an ace up his sleeve. He is a Maverick and he don't take no guff from no one. Alabama 22 dealt for 7 2/3 innings giving up only 1 ER on 5 hits ,1 walk, and had 4 SO. He was the player of the game and deserved his win and is now 6-4 on the year. Romo got his 10th hold and Casilla earned his 16th save.

While Peavy kept the Giants in the game the offense scratched out 2 runs and all the damage was done by the 3rd through 7th hitters. Posey,Panda, and Crawford all had two hits. Posey got the Giants on the board in the 4th inning hitting a solo shot to left that traveled 367 feet. Zona tied it up in the 6th and it was tight through those last few innings. In the 7th Pence led off with a single and went around to third with no outs. Crawford stepped up and hit a long sac fly ball to center to get Superspeed Pence home with the go ahead run which turned out to be the game winner. Giants take a big game 2-1 and the Dodgers lost in COL so it's back to a 3 game advantage for L.A. as Kemp and Puig look to bickering with one another.

So it's 3 games back with 11 games remaining for SF and those who threw their McCovey Cove boat boarding passes away are rummaging through their garbage as we speak. Tonight it was Alabama 22 who has found High Cotton in a San Francisco uniform and for those who don't know High Cotton is a good thing. Peavy has done a fantastic job and I am sure all the SF fans appreciate his effort...I sure have.

Big win for the G-Men. Keep on keep N on.

Go Giants !!:yes:

:suds::clap::thrasher::headbanger::grouphug::whoo:

on youtube..

Alabama - High Cotton

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last 10 games for Craw: .423, 7 rbi.

He has been huge. We need his bat if we are to be free of lineup holes. I'm very happy for him that he has come around.

Still weird that as a LHB, he hits LHP so well (.876 OPS against LHP, .620 against RHP).

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been huge. We need his bat if we are to be free of lineup holes. I'm very happy for him that he has come around.

Still weird that as a LHB, he hits LHP so well (.876 OPS against LHP, .620 against RHP).

tzill noted that he may have been playing hurt (primarily because they don't have anyone good to back him up), so maybe he's healthy now?

Maybe we don't need a spring training competition for the position next year after all...

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peavy last seven starts: 6-1, 1.13 ERA.

Some say he has beaten only sub par teams.

7/27 LAD (loss)
8/2 NYM (loss)
8/7 MIL (loss)
8/13 CWS (win)
8/20 CHC (win)
8/25 COL (loss)
8/30 MIL (win)
9/5 DET (win)
9/11 ARI (win)
9/16 ARI (win)

CWS, MIL, DET are all decent, with MIL and DET likely playoff teams

Losses to Dodgers and MIL early on. Perhaps he has been adjusting to Posey/Susac and the NL West. Whatever he is doing, pray he keeps it up. He is pitching like a 1/2 at the moment.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peavy last seven starts: 6-1, 1.13 ERA.

Some say he has beaten only sub par teams.

7/27 LAD (loss)
8/2 NYM (loss)
8/7 MIL (loss)
8/13 CWS (win)
8/20 CHC (win)
8/25 COL (loss)
8/30 MIL (win)
9/5 DET (win)
9/11 ARI (win)
9/16 ARI (win)

CWS, MIL, DET are all decent, with MIL and DET likely playoff teams

Losses to Dodgers and MIL early on. Perhaps he has been adjusting to Posey/Susac and the NL West. Whatever he is doing, pray he keeps it up. He is pitching like a 1/2 at the moment.

We'll find out Monday. Barring any freak things he has the opening game against LA and Ryu.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll find out Monday. Barring any freak things he has the opening game against LA and Ryu.

I'm hoping Ryu is still injured then.

Peavy just loves being in the NL West. Let's keep him there.

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Ryu is still injured then.

Peavy just loves being in the NL West. Let's keep him there.

His relationship with Bochy will be a big factor in that happening.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His relationship with Bochy will be a big factor in that happening.

Won't his relationship with money and Sabean's relationship with money be more important? Sure it helps Bochy is here but we should be willing and able to pay market rate for the guy, which I think we should. Probably 2/20 or 3/27 or thereabouts.

That's Sabean's job, not mine. He does it very well. Seeing our options for 2015 I don't see how he doesn't make signing Peavy a priority.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't his relationship with money and Sabean's relationship with money be more important? Sure it helps Bochy is here but we should be willing and able to pay market rate for the guy, which I think we should. Probably 2/20 or 3/27 or thereabouts.

That's Sabean's job, not mine. He does it very well. Seeing our options for 2015 I don't see how he doesn't make signing Peavy a priority.

I am not sure 2/20 gets it done, but 3/27 MIGHT. I don't see him having 3 more quality years left in his arm, so he may take the extra 7M and say "Thank you very much".

That said, I think it is pretty important to get him in the fold. We cant rely on Cain being a top-of-the-order guy anymore, and everyone else is a wildcard (Vogey, Petit, Huddy, any one of the 15 kids) and Timmeh is done as a starter (I am more and more becoming open to the prospect of his getting DFA'd, actually).

This is really a great topic of conversation that we WILL be having in the rosterbation threads in the coming months...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers throwing Frias today which would have been Ryu's turn in the rotation.

Yep, I knew he was missing at least 1 start...I hope he misses at least 1 more.

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers fear Hyun-Jin Ryu could be done for regular season
by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com
Dodgers pitcher Hyun-Jin Ryu underwent an MRI on his injured left shoulder, which showed no changes from his MRI in May, the team announced. Manager Don Mattingly is bracing for the possibility that Ryu will not be available again in the regular season, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Ryu will not pitch Wednesday against the Rockies. Instead, he'll be shut down for at least four days before he is re-evaluated again. The team has not established a timetable for his return.