• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8.31 Sweep @Balsa

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just figured it out…

Kap hit his head earlier in the season and has been seeing stars ever since. He thinks this is the gods and goddesses talking to him, so he has been playing La Stella every day as a result.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously…

WTF is his obsession with La Stella? The dude simply can’t play (maybe due to injury, I will grant that). Move on already.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously…

WTF is his obsession with La Stella? The dude simply can’t play (maybe due to injury, I will grant that). Move on already.
Then he needs to be put on the IL and be done with it. The whole "grind it out and keep playing" is stupid, especially when the player isn't contributing.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously…

Ok ... stupid question time .... I really can't see any logic behind anything that is happening at the momenr. Just doesn't make sense. We aren't in a life and death struggle for a playoff spot so why in hell do we keep running out this same set of players game after game? Whic leads tp my question ... who do yoi alll think is actilually calling the shots at this point in time .... Baer .... FZ .... or Kapler? I just can't imagine a field manager ..like Kapler ... following this path .... all by him self ....

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ... stupid question time .... I really can't see any logic behind anything that is happening at the momenr. Just doesn't make sense. We aren't in a life and death struggle for a playoff spot so why in hell do we keep running out this same set of players game after game? Whic leads tp my question ... who do yoi alll think is actilually calling the shots at this point in time .... Baer .... FZ .... or Kapler? I just can't imagine a field manager ..like Kapler ... following this path .... all by him self ....
I do think the lineup is on Kapler, to the extent of putting one together with the players on the active roster. FZ and Harris are more responsible for who is on the active roster. I do wish that FZ and Harris would put some of these guys on the IL from the slightest hint of injury (except for guys who are actually playing well). Then, I wish that Kapler would stop his love affair with LaStella at DH. Although that one can be more complicated. The FO is probably saying, "we spend the money on him, play him" and decides to keep him off the IL. But I don't really know how much each level of leadership has in terms of freedom to make decisions and how much input they have above or below them.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 in the fifth.

This one is over.

The pain continues.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the lineup is on Kapler, to the extent of putting one together with the players on the active roster. FZ and Harris are more responsible for who is on the active roster. I do wish that FZ and Harris would put some of these guys on the IL from the slightest hint of injury (except for guys who are actually playing well). Then, I wish that Kapler would stop his love affair with LaStella at DH. Although that one can be more complicated. The FO is probably saying, "we spend the money on him, play him" and decides to keep him off the IL. But I don't really know how much each level of leadership has in terms of freedom to make decisions and how much input they have above or below them.
WAG

I assume Kap and FZ and Harris talk everyday about all aspects (IL, options, lineups, waiver claims, cuts, etc) and all have input. However, I think Kap has FINAL say on lineups and Harris has FINAL say on actual moves. Of course, FZ probably has FINAL FINAL say on everything, but I suspect he is more hands on with Harris’ day-to-day than he is with Kap’s.

But La Stella is no longer a day-to-day issue. His continued play has to be for a reason. I won’t even venture a guess as to what that idea is.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wood a starter going forward? He seems very good for an inning or two, but he usually breaks down in the 5th and later. Perhaps he should be a long reliever.
I have been saying this since he got here. Turn him into Petit and he would be a stud.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-0

And tz is not keeping his alts separate anymore. We all know this one is over.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jon and Dave are talking about everything except the game on the radio. Even the broadcasters have checked out.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the fifth inning and the Giants already have one hit? Who can slow down this offensive juggernaut? And what a great job those 23 coaches are doing this season! No walks and nine strikeouts, and the pitcher at only 56 pitches.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jon and Dave are talking about everything except the game on the radio. Even the broadcasters have checked out.
I tuned in to hear him talk about his days doing play by play for a fast pitch softball team in Santa Rosa. THAT is the 2022 season in a nutshell right there.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the fifth inning and the Giants already have one hit? Who can slow down this offensive juggernaut? And what a great job those 23 coaches are doing this season! No walks and nine strikeouts, and the pitcher at only 56 pitches.
That one hit was a lucky shot too. LaStella hit a ball that would have been an out but it found the 2nd base bag and ricocheted away from the Padre defenders. This team is so pathetic right now that bases are taking pity on the hitters.