• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8/27 GDT Rox @ Huddy

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Buster CRUSHED that.....

Big W. Now let's win the series tomorrow.

Go Giants!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posey is getting hot at the absolute right time. He has accounted for the last 2 wins, along with Hudson and Bum.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

This has been my feeling for about 6 weeks or so.

Further, any talk of the wildcard is a joke as well. The wild card is a booby prize. I will take it if it is all that is available, but I REFUSE to scoreboard watch for a wildcard spot at this point in the year.

The second wild card slot is an absolute sham. No reason for it; it forces a stupid one game "playoff;" it artificially creates playoff tension. The first WC is legit, the second one is a pure cash grab by the owners.

I am uninterested in the second WC.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just a non-believer.

You gotta have faith in these guys. They will not disappoint you.

Casilla has the heart of a champion; he will lead us to a third trophy.

I tip my cap to him and would shake his hand if I met him on the street.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second wild card slot is an absolute sham. No reason for it; it forces a stupid one game "playoff;" it artificially creates playoff tension. The first WC is legit, the second one is a pure cash grab by the owners.

I am uninterested in the second WC.

I REALLY like the concept. It puts much more emphasis on the divisions, but the teams out of the division race still have a reason to play. I think that it is important to have as many teams alive late into the season as possible, but to still significantly reward the division winners, and this system does that.

The wildcard is a booby prize. Exactly what it should be.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I REALLY like the concept. It puts much more emphasis on the divisions, but the teams out of the division race still have a reason to play. I think that it is important to have as many teams alive late into the season as possible, but to still significantly reward the division winners, and this system does that.

The wildcard is a booby prize. Exactly what it should be.

Then why don't we go all NHL and have 8 teams make the playoffs? 5 WC!! :gaah:

The second WC is the worst idea since the DH. I hate it.

Four teams in the playoffs out of 15 is just about right. Five teams is one too much and creates the need for that lame ass one game playoff.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why don't we go all NHL and have 8 teams make the playoffs? 5 WC!! :gaah:

The second WC is the worst idea since the DH. I hate it.

Four teams in the playoffs out of 15 is just about right. Five teams is one too much and creates the need for that lame ass one game playoff.

Did you even read my post?

If we expend it to 5 WC teams, that removes the incentive to win the division. All 8 teams would just face off in another round. That is EXACTLY what I don't want. Having just 1 WC is OK, but I still do not like the idea of a WC team getting the same seat as a Div winner.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going to have a 2nd Wild Card, then there should be a 3 game Wild Card Series played in the park of the 1st Wild Card. Not just one game........162 games to get there and then 1 game to advance seems silly to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even read my post?

If we expend it to 5 WC teams, that removes the incentive to win the division. All 8 teams would just face off in another round. That is EXACTLY what I don't want. Having just 1 WC is OK, but I still do not like the idea of a WC team getting the same seat as a Div winner.

But a WC team wouldn't get the "same seat," it'd have to go on the road by definition. Of course, the #3 see division winner would too, but it'd still be set by record.

If you agree that a four team format is good then ok, but it seems you are not saying that.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Posey saves the day hitting a Walkoff HR Giants win 4-2

NEWSFLASH ! Buster Posey is hotter than HOT and tonight the Rockies got burned big time by him. Posey's bat is exploding into pitches and I could swear I can hear the ball screaming into the night for someone to save it. Ninth inning game tied and Posey sent a high inside pitch deep deep into the night into left field that landed right behind the ambulance behind the outfield wall for the walkoff win. Walt Weiss had to be wondering if that ambulance could drop him off at the next watering hole because Posey burned the Rockies not once but four times now in the last two days.

Two HR's yesterday and today in the 7th inning Buster jumped on a 3-2 fastball and smacked it into left for the go ahead run as the Giants lead 2-1 with Tim Hudson throwing darts all night. Hudson deserved the win going 8 super fantastic innings giving up only 4 hits and 1 ER. His eight strikeouts pushed him to 2,002 in his career on only 87 pitches. Bochy decided to pull him in the 9th for Casilla who then hit the first batter Stubbs in the inning. Morneau who was 5-10 coming into the game vs. Casilla lined a double into the left center gap and the game was tied at 2-2. To Casilla's credit he did not fold inducing a huge DP to Duffy at SS who dealt to Panik who turned it smooth to 1st to save the day. The two rookies dazzled today in the middle and were a big part of this win. Giants win 4-2 as Bochy wins his 1,600th game of his career passing Tommy Lasorda.

Blanco had a key bunt hit to score the first run and Pagan scored twice. It was Posey though who owned this night going 3-4 with 3 RBI's again who is lifting this team on his shoulders for a September run at the Playoffs. There are whispers in the wind down at China Basin and I can hear them saying we believe. Posey saved the day and somehow when his Flash Gordon alter ego shows up Giants fans believe he can save the world ...at least the Giants baseball world and that is a comforting thought.

We believe !

Here we go....

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::peace::yes::rockon::popsdance:

on youtube..

Flash - Queen ( Official Video)

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But a WC team wouldn't get the "same seat," it'd have to go on the road by definition. Of course, the #3 see division winner would too, but it'd still be set by record.

If you agree that a four team format is good then ok, but it seems you are not saying that.

If we could go to 4 divisions and get rid of the WC, I would be happy. But that would still mean than more than half the teams are done by September 1, and that just doesn't make sense. And we have not even included the expansion and realignment headaches that would cause, but we have had that convo already.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going to have a 2nd Wild Card, then there should be a 3 game Wild Card Series played in the park of the 1st Wild Card. Not just one game........162 games to get there and then 1 game to advance seems silly to me.

2 problems with this idea...

1) I WANT it to suck to get a WC spot. I like that any team with a shot is only looking at the division. I think it helps develop rivalries.

2) A 3-game series would take too much time. As we saw in the 2012 World Series, a team that sits is at a big disadvantage. Giving them a day or two is beneficial. Anything more than that lets rigamortis set in.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 problems with this idea...

1) I WANT it to suck to get a WC spot. I like that any team with a shot is only looking at the division. I think it helps develop rivalries.

2) A 3-game series would take too much time. As we saw in the 2012 World Series, a team that sits is at a big disadvantage. Giving them a day or two is beneficial. Anything more than that lets rigamortis set in.

Agreed, on both points.

I really think it was fine the way it was......and I REALLY hate the 1 Game Wild Card thing we have now. Just throwing ideas out there, knowing they are flawed.

I also think Bud Selig should have been stopped long ago. Lol

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could go to 4 divisions and get rid of the WC, I would be happy. But that would still mean than more than half the teams are done by September 1, and that just doesn't make sense. And we have not even included the expansion and realignment headaches that would cause, but we have had that convo already.

BINGO!! All we need is to expand by two teams (San Antonio? Portland? Memphis? Charlotte?) and go to 8, four-team divisions. No WC. Our division would then exclude the Rox. SF/LAD/AZ/SD would be AWESOME.

It would eliminate teams before Sept. 1, but it would ALSO cause a number of teams to be sellers in July. Win/win as true contenders have options for the stretch run and pretenders get prospects.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat of the night: Rox record when trailing after 8 vs. Giants: 3-2. Vs rest of league: 0-67.

Baseball is weird.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO!! All we need is to expand by two teams (San Antonio? Portland? Memphis? Charlotte?) and go to 8, four-team divisions. No WC. Our division would then exclude the Rox. SF/LAD/AZ/SD would be AWESOME.

It would eliminate teams before Sept. 1, but it would ALSO cause a number of teams to be sellers in July. Win/win as true contenders have options for the stretch run and pretenders get prospects.

In a video-game-world, I agree 100%.

Unfortunately, we live in the real-world, instead. Teams that are out of it do not sell tickets as well as teams that are in it. Therefore, you need to make sure that there is SOMETHING to play for for as many teams as possible for as long as possible, and the 2-WC format does this. Maybe not perfectly, but as well as possible, IMHO. I like the 2-WC system better than I like the 1-WC system, BTW...

Also, when you look at the specifics of expansion and realignment to 8, 4-team divisions, the logistics get VERY ugly. We have had extensive discussions about this in the past, so I will not rehash, but let's just say that creates just as many, if not more problems than the 2-WC system with 30 teams.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat of the night: Rox record when trailing after 8 vs. Giants: 3-2. Vs rest of league: 0-67.

Baseball is weird.

And in the Giants 132 games so far this year, they have faced 98 CY contenders.

Totally weird.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a video-game-world, I agree 100%.

Unfortunately, we live in the real-world, instead. Teams that are out of it do not sell tickets as well as teams that are in it. Therefore, you need to make sure that there is SOMETHING to play for for as many teams as possible for as long as possible, and the 2-WC format does this. Maybe not perfectly, but as well as possible, IMHO. I like the 2-WC system better than I like the 1-WC system, BTW...

Also, when you look at the specifics of expansion and realignment to 8, 4-team divisions, the logistics get VERY ugly. We have had extensive discussions about this in the past, so I will not rehash, but let's just say that creates just as many, if not more problems than the 2-WC system with 30 teams.

1947956365_i_disagree_xlarge.jpeg