• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

78 Hours to Go!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for keeping me caught up on what I should be fuming about, SportsHoopla-team. The wife and I finished a little project with plenty of time before Opening Day.

attachment.php

Of note: This was her idea, and mostly her execution (logo came from a buddy with time to kill in a welding class). She was raised to be a Dodger fan, but has officially defected. Chalk one up for the good guys!

Attachments

• SFKitchen.jpg
    SFKitchen.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited by a moderator:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for keeping me caught up on what I should be fuming about, SportsHoopla-team. The wife and I finished a little project with plenty of time before Opening Day.

attachment.php

Of note: This was her idea, and mostly her execution (logo came from a buddy with time to kill in a welding class). She was raised to be a Dodger fan, but has officially defected. Chalk one up for the good guys!

Nice! :yahoo:::suds:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonah Keri on the NL West

Nothing we don't already know

2014 NL West Preview «

SphericalRapidFalcon.gif

I saw this on the link...

Holy shit. That has to be the worst read on a fly-ball I have ever seen. Not only was he off-line by 6+ feet, but the ball ended up hitting the base of the wall.

Maybe Morse isn't that bad, after all.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ And the Giants didn't have to give up 2 top prospect to get our own right-handed, power-threat, poor defender in LF.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonah Keri on the NL West

Nothing we don't already know

2014 NL West Preview «

I find it interesting that if the projected starting line-ups and rotations meet these statistical expectations, I actually like the Giants' chances at winning the Division more than the Dodgers. His projections aren't park-adjusted, are they?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that if the projected starting line-ups and rotations meet these statistical expectations, I actually like the Giants' chances at winning the Division more than the Dodgers. His projections aren't park-adjusted, are they?

I think some of the projections are a bit modest, for the hitters. For instance, Crawford. He's increased his OPS every year, and has batted .248 the last 2 years. He's entering his prime, so why would we expect a regression?

And I have Belt primed for a big breakout. I hope.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of the projections are a bit modest, for the hitters. For instance, Crawford. He's increased his OPS every year, and has batted .248 the last 2 years. He's entering his prime, so why would we expect a regression?

And he's got Pence at .266/.324/.431, for a .755 OPS. Last year Pence was .283/.389/.433, for an .822 OPS.

I will bet the mortgage that in 2014 Pence exceeds a .755 OPS, and likely by a minimum of 50 points, and more likely by closer to 100. Post ASG in 2013, Pence had a .912 OPS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Further, I subscribe to the theory that hitting is contagious. We will likely see the following:

1) 1B - Belt will continue to improve as you say
2) SS - Crawford will continue to improve as you say
3) CF - Pagan being healthy will be a huge improvement on the disaster we had with his replacements (Francouer, Tanaka, Kieschnick, Peguero, Torres, et al ad nauseum)
4) LF - Morse should hit better than Blanco (whether or not his fielding will negate that remains to be seen)
5) 3B - Sandoval will improve with conditioning, contract year, and lack of hamate bones
6) C - Posey will be solid
7) RF - Pence will be solid
8) 2B - Scutaro will likely decline somewhat

So on balance, the individual players will likely hit better, and then add to that the synergy of having an overall better hitting club.

However, I've been over-optimistic in prior years on this subject.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck this season, Giants fans. You guys have a very good team. I expect a close race between the Giants and Dodgers this season.

Enjoy this great game!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

attachment.php

I came across an old post from Heath from a while ago, and was reminded that he hasn't been on in a while.

Well, it turns out that this was his last post on the hoop. I did a quick google search for "heathbar012" and found that he posted in a few other sites, and he has not posted since 3/28/14 on any of them.

I have a bad feeling here. Do any of you have any real world contact with him? Can anyone reach out to make sure he is OK?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reached out to Heath IRL and got a response!!!

:yes:

He and his wife started a new business so he basically just has not had any time to post. All is good with him, and he sends his best to the board!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you are even dumber than I thought.
Maybe because I still don't see what a projection about last season has to do with what matters; this season.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because I still don't see what a projection about last season has to do with what matters; this season.
Dude. The original post was made in 2014. Cal was worried because it's been a year since we've heard from Heath.

Read.Cal's.Post.

:L

Sorry, Stokes. I just couldn't sit here and watch this thing spin out of control.

Also- that effing gif of Dumbo! :laugh3:

Last edited:
Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. The original post was made in 2014. Cal was worried because it's been a year since we've heard from Heath.

Sorry, Stokes. I just couldn't sit here and watch this thing spin out of control.

Also- that effing gif of Dumbo! :laugh3:

I'm good.

Thanks for preventing another board meltdown.

Perhaps a reading comprehension test to join the board would be appropriate?

:clap:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Board meltdown? As if. This guy is an embarrassment. Just a clown sandwich.