• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

# 7 Michigan State @ #15 Iowa

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is laughable. do you mean anyone else that was playing down 2 of their 5 best players (including their best)?

Iowa losing this game has CERTAINLY changed my perception of that team. They are talented, but they are not a title contender. I was already leaning that way, and this game confirmed it. It's the same way I feel about Wisconsin.

Hard to argue this ^^^^^^^

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
un otro pregunta...

Do you think anybody in the country really gave MSU a rat's ass chance of winning that game? I sure's hell didn't...can't believe you did either, right?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honest question: do you think your Wildcats (without Gordon and Johnson) would have won that game?

Aaron Gordon is by far and away a better basketball player than Dawson. In fact, it's not even close.

No, I don't think we would have won @ Iowa without those two, but MSU is deeper than us, even if they aren't deep like Iowa. We play 7 and that 7th is Gabe York who simply shoots 3s.

Top 7 I believe we are better than MSU, and I have seen MSU more than any team not named Arizona this year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona, MSU and Florida are the clear cut best 3 when fully healthy as I said early.

Cuse is right behind them as I am still a little weary of their offense when it comes to winning 6 straight, and Wichita right behind that.

Every other team really needs to get hot to cut down the nets.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Iowa, when they are playing good, can beat anybody in the country. I don't think they are title contenders though. They aren't consistent enough. They'll have a game or two that they play like they can beat anybody in the country, then have a game or two where a team like Nebraska almost beats them at Iowa City.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the Elite 8 if they get a good spot in the Dance, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make the Sweet 16 (which is where I am expecting them to get beat out).

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't comparing the players...

if I was I'd be comparing Gordon and Payne (two NBA-bound athletes); and Dawson favorably to Johnson or any one of the remaining five wunderkind yall play.

Aaron Gordon is by far and away a better basketball player than Dawson. In fact, it's not even close.

No, I don't think we would have won @ Iowa without those two

Thanks...I agree.

(just like I didn't think MSU could have won @ Iowa without Payne and Dawson.)

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I was I'd be comparing Gordon and Payne (two NBA-bound athletes); and Dawson favorably to Johnson or any one of the remaining five wunderkind yall play.

Thanks...I agree.

(just like I didn't think MSU could have won @ Iowa without Payne and Dawson.)

you would compare Dawson favorably to Nick Johnson?

i have to ask. were you joking here? Please god tell me you were. You realize NJ is now very much in every National POY discussion, right?

Brandon Dawson could play 4 more years at MSU and not be on NJ's current level, that's how big the fucking gap is between the two.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would compare Dawson favorably to Nick Johnson?

i have to ask. were you joking here? Please god tell me you were. You realize NJ is now very much in every National POY discussion, right?

Brandon Dawson could play 4 more years at MSU and not be on NJ's current level, that's how big the fucking gap is between the two.

I think he's talking more upside and NBA potential. That's why he said both Gordon and Payne were NBA atheltes or whatever.

Realistically Johnson right now is far superior to Dawson as you mentioned. But Payne and Gordon really are not close right now either.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That technical foul given to the Iowa coach really hurt. In addition, the coach was correct; that guy took 5 steps without a dribble and scored. 4 point play right there.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That technical foul given to the Iowa coach really hurt. In addition, the coach was correct; that guy took 5 steps without a dribble and scored. 4 point play right there.

truth. I think appling's last dribble was about 5 feet behind the 3 point line hahaha

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My squad at full power is no one you want to see. I mean we beat Iowa on the road with the power at 60%. Very few teams could win down the talent MSU is. Zona get a Bona because you have not been relevant in a 100 years. Wasn't your coach in the movie Cacoon?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My squad at full power is no one you want to see. I mean we beat Iowa on the road with the power at 60%. Very few teams could win down the talent MSU is. Zona get a Bona because you have not been relevant in a 100 years. Wasn't your coach in the movie Cacoon?

You sound threatened.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
truth. I think appling's last dribble was about 5 feet behind the 3 point line hahaha

Yeah, that was really some bad work by the refs and even when they knew they screwed up, they could have let the coach vent some and move on. That said, IMO, MSU really showed what they are made of. Really out manned, those guys kept fighting back from 4-6 point deficits. I kept thinking that Iowa was going to blow them out and somehow it didn't work out that way. A very good game to watch and I can see MSU being very tough for the NCAA.

Seems to me Zona had Stanford tonight away. Any thoughts?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Sparty. Disappointed in Iowas lack of focus last night. No excuse to miss 13 free throws and to continually leave guys open for 3's when you know they have no real inside presence. There were 4 or 5 3 pointers last night where MSU was able to dribble and step into wide open 3's. How does that happen? Especially because for large parts of the game our halfcourt D was so good. Strange.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was really some bad work by the refs and even when they knew they screwed up, they could have let the coach vent some and move on. That said, IMO, MSU really showed what they are made of. Really out manned, those guys kept fighting back from 4-6 point deficits. I kept thinking that Iowa was going to blow them out and somehow it didn't work out that way. A very good game to watch and I can see MSU being very tough for the NCAA.

Seems to me Zona had Stanford tonight away. Any thoughts?

Throw away the records when we visit the Bay Area. This is always a great weekend, and both Stanford and Cal are capable of pulling off this upset.

That being said, I think tonight is the easier of the two games and expect a solid victory, somewhere in the 8-10 point range. I really think we are better on the road, our ability to focus when our backs are against the wall has been very impressive.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dc.... is correct about the bay trip. I think this year will be different.
I'm calling it out anywhere i can.......ARIZONA sweeps the bay area clean this year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa's resume is very interesting to me. 1-5 vs. the top 25. 3-5 vs. the top 50 and only 5-5 vs. the top 100. 11 wins vs +100 competition. They have the resume of about a 7 or 8 seed right now. The good thing going for them is no bad losses. They will be a team worth debating for what seed they get come tournament time.

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As inconsistent as the refs were (both ways), and even with 15 mins without a FG, if Iowa had just hit their FT's they would have have that game. Such a frustrating loss to watch.

Great job by MSU to come in and steal one short handed. tough, gritty win.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As inconsistent as the refs were (both ways), and even with 15 mins without a FG, if Iowa had just hit their FT's they would have have that game. Such a frustrating loss to watch.

Great job by MSU to come in and steal one short handed. tough, gritty win.

Sadly missed FT's have played a huge part in 3 of Iowas 5 losses this year. Had the Nova, ISU and MSU game on wraps if we make FT's in the last few minutes or the entire game for that matter. Mike Gessell is a prime repeat offender. Cant have your primary ball handler shooting 65% on FT's. Missed 3 vs Nova late, 2 in a row with 12 seconds left at ISU that would have sealed it and 2 last night that would have made it tough for MSU to win.