• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7/25 b"A's"sits @ Giants

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineup:

Pagan CF
Panik 2B
Duffy 3B
Posey C
Pence RF
Belt 1B
Crawford SS
Blanco LF
Bumgarner P

A's have a .303 wOBA, .129 ISO and 17.2 J% versus lefties this season

Bassitt has 45 percent fly ball percentage this year

FB sites around 93, uses that slider and curveball

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 10 games, the Giants are almost averaging a blow-out victory (70-30). Amazing.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The highest BA in the As starting line up is .276. That would be good for the 7th best in the Giants lineup today.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just let the liner go Bumgarner. Don't need to be reaching out your bare hand for it
Actually looked like he was instinctively protecting himself. He wasn't trying to catch it, he was trying to stop it from hitting him.

All good, either way.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Morosi reports Giants showing interest in David Price

Which means you can dismiss the report. His last three or four "reports" have all been false

Maybe the Giants like Price, but they won't even get involved in discussions

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Morosi reports Giants showing interest in David Price

Which means you can dismiss the report. His last three or four "reports" have all been false

Maybe the Giants like Price, but they won't even get involved in discussions
If the Tigers want Beede, move on. The Giants learned their lesson with Wheeler.

If he were still under contract for next year, MAYBE Beede would be on the table. But fir a 2+ month rental? No way.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you took away the offensive numbers, watching Panik-Crawford defensively for the upcoming years is going to be a blast

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today could be an adventure with the Turkey behind the plate.

How is this guy a crew chief?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you took away the offensive numbers, watching Panik-Crawford defensively for the upcoming years is going to be a blast
I have been blown away by Panik's defense.

The single most surprising thing about his game since he came up.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there are 3 TV crews doing this game? As, Giants and Fox?

How many booths do they have?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers want Beede, move on. The Giants learned their lesson with Wheeler.

If he were still under contract for next year, MAYBE Beede would be on the table. But fir a 2+ month rental? No way.
Just playing Devil's Advocate for sake of discussion, though, might we be interested in re-signing David Price long-term?

We're going to have some holes next year or two in the rotation - Timmy, Huddy, Peavy. Vogey won't be around much more either, and even Cain is showing the mileage. Right now we have Bum, looks like Moses, and some decent prospects, but prospects only, nonetheless.

And this year, if we can afford him player-wise, it sure would be nice to have a solid #2 behind Bum for the playoffs.

There are some differences with this vs Wheeler. 2011 was strategically a lost cause - Posey was out for the year. We were further back in the standings, IIRC. The Wheeler for Beltran deal was probably more to maintain fan interest.

Now, we are right in the hunt. If the playoffs were today, we would be a wildcard, and we are closing steadily on the the LAD's.

I would be willing to do Beede for Price, as long as we can afford the $$$ to re-sign him. I'm guessing we can, but I can't say for sure.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just playing Devil's Advocate for sake of discussion, though, might we be interested in re-signing David Price long-term?

We're going to have some holes next year or two in the rotation - Timmy, Huddy, Peavy. Vogey won't be around much more either, and even Cain is showing the mileage. Right now we have Bum, looks like Moses, and some decent prospects, but prospects only, nonetheless.

And this year, if we can afford him player-wise, it sure would be nice to have a solid #2 behind Bum for the playoffs.

There are some differences with this vs Wheeler. 2011 was strategically a lost cause - Posey was out for the year. We were further back in the standings, IIRC. The Wheeler for Beltran deal was probably more to maintain fan interest.

Now, we are right in the hunt. If the playoffs were today, we would be a wildcard, and we are closing steadily on the the LAD's.

I would be willing to do Beede for Price, as long as we can afford the $$$ to re-sign him. I'm guessing we can, but I can't say for sure.

Not just a solid No.2 but two aces and both are lefties :)

That said, some other team will offer more to acquire him via trade

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Price will be close to a 200M pitcher, though. Do the Giants really want to do that, when they will have to/want to pay Bum in a couple years and still have Cain on the books for a decent sized fortune? Price will not a top-flight pitcher for much longer.

Beede, while maybe not ready for opening day 2016, should be ready by mid season or so.

I would love to have two Aces going into the playoffs this year. With our offense, that would be brutal for any team to have to face. But this team is still built for the long haul, and Beede is going to be a part of that.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just a solid No.2 but two aces and both are lefties :)

That said, some other team will offer more to acquire him via trade

FWIW, I've read in more than one place that it is a buyer's market for pitchers. If we want him, we can probably get him. I'm seeing more buzz around Beede than I'm seeing around any other pitching prospect.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOX broadcast is ahead of the G's broadcast. Hmmm
The MLBtv feed is always a couple pitches back. I did notice that the Fox feed was WAY ahead of the MLBtv Giants feed, though.

I prefer Kruk and Kuip, though, so I am ok with the delay...