• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7/21 Mutts @ The RooKie

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw Ks

Edit: good job will

Edit2: how ‘bout a walk off for the rook?

Last edited:

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops , panda in for rook

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, leadoff bb.

Edit: 2 on for Dick. C’mon Dick.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona losing 7-4 in the ninth.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GIDP

:tsk:

The legend diminishes
Hank on Dick:
Will ask, but Dickerson might be hurting. Didn't enter for defense (Vogt did) after Pillar ejection and swing did not look right on third double play he's hit into in the past two days. (Did homer, tho). #SFGiants

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank on Dick:
Will ask, but Dickerson might be hurting. Didn't enter for defense (Vogt did) after Pillar ejection and swing did not look right on third double play he's hit into in the past two days. (Did homer, tho). #SFGiants

I was wondering what hat. The only thing I could think of was pinch hit in the right situation.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yaz! Yes!
092814_sf_pence_yes_twitter_sdvbc73e.gif

"Yaz! Yaz! Yaz!"

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, quick thoughts

1. Nice start from the rookie. Not dominant, but solid, very much so for a first time. Same for the kid at third Green. Does it mean much? I hadn't heard of either of these guys so who knows (not that I'm an expert on farmhands)

2. Pillar's play in the first was a top ten I've seen live when you include the throw out. Didn't realize he had such a good arm

3. Another win for FYWW, 7 innings no runs, all during a tie game. Gott now 6-0 LOL

But, as exciting as this win and recent streak have been, I just don't see a playoff team here. It's great they are fun to watch FZ is making great moves, I like his philosophy, you can see an outline of the future. But right now only the pen is playoff quality (might be the best overall group in baseball). After Bumgarner is there a single legit playoff quality starter? And the lineup has ZERO presence, not one guy who the other team fears. Believe it or not we miss Longoria...he's our only veteran power threat. We didn't think it would matter much thinking 'oh just slot Panda in there' but he is missed.

So happy to br wrong (for the millionth time) but I just don't see it with this group, only the pen is palyoff level.

But having a ball this season, very entertaining group and fun to see FZ work.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, as exciting as this win and recent streak have been, I just don't see a playoff team here.

I don't disagree with your other comments, but I would point to their 27-23 road record, best of the WC contenders. That doesn't happen by accident. There is something there.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with your other comments, but I would point to their 27-23 road record, best of the WC contenders. That doesn't happen by accident. There is something there.

It can happen for a bit and then revert to their true mean level. Just reporting what I saw.

And I could go look but have they really beaten any great/very good teams on the road? This recent road trip was vs two so-so teams (like us basically)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, quick thoughts

1. Nice start from the rookie. Not dominant, but solid, very much so for a first time. Same for the kid at third Green. Does it mean much? I hadn't heard of either of these guys so who knows (not that I'm an expert on farmhands)

2. Pillar's play in the first was a top ten I've seen live when you include the throw out. Didn't realize he had such a good arm

3. Another win for FYWW, 7 innings no runs, all during a tie game. Gott now 6-0 LOL

But, as exciting as this win and recent streak have been, I just don't see a playoff team here. It's great they are fun to watch FZ is making great moves, I like his philosophy, you can see an outline of the future. But right now only the pen is playoff quality (might be the best overall group in baseball). After Bumgarner is there a single legit playoff quality starter? And the lineup has ZERO presence, not one guy who the other team fears. Believe it or not we miss Longoria...he's our only veteran power threat. We didn't think it would matter much thinking 'oh just slot Panda in there' but he is missed.

So happy to br wrong (for the millionth time) but I just don't see it with this group, only the pen is palyoff level.

But having a ball this season, very entertaining group and fun to see FZ work.

cuetoap_1.jpg