• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7/20 Next to Last @ Last

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pretty awesome from Kuip.

For those of you who don't get the Giants' broadcast, a guy in the Kuiper jersey on the second deck reached over the ledge for a foul ball, but it bounced off his hands (should have caught it) and he was DEJECTED about it. In the middle of the inning (not in between innings, but with 1 out in the 9th), Kuip left the broadcast booth (radio tonight) and went and gave the guy a ball.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Baggs:

The Giants have lost 15 of 20 games to the Padres since last year’s All-Star Game.

The Giants have scored 10 runs for Bumgarner in his six starts.

The Padres hit three of their four home runs (over two games and 13 innings) on curveballs. Bumgarner didn’t give up a single homer on that pitch last season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
76043956-patrick-misch-of-the-san-francisco-giants-gettyimages.jpg

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is really bad. I don't care. I've embraced the benefits at this point to being terrible such as a high draft pick, a huge draft bonus pool, seeing some young guys play (sorta), maybe getting some value out of pending free agents instead of re-signing them to bad deals (a la Scutaro, Huff, etc.)....

But damn it it's tough to see this team trying to convince itself that they can bounce back next year. I use to think so as well, but it pretty clear that it's not the case. I still think some guys will be useful down the road, but full tear down is looking more and more necessary.

I mean we can't beat the Padres who have like 5 Rule 5 guys on their roster!