• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

60's , 70's , 80''s NBA DRAFT Finals Shane vs Femur

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHANE

PG - John Stockton
SG - Byron Scott
SF - Mark Aguirre
PF- Kevin McHale
C - Bill Cartwright

PG - Magic Johnson
SG - Michael Cooper
SF - Dominique Wilkins
PF - Tom Chambers
C - Vlade Divac

vs

FEMUR

PG - Paul Westphal
SG - Pete Maravich
SF - Glen Rice
PF - Shawn Kemp
C - Jack Sikma

PG - Jerry West
SG - Alvin Robertson
SF - Larry Bird
PF- Buck Williams
C - Willis Reed

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane -3
Femur - 4

Voted -Devil,Femur, wlk, shane, ritz, Sushi, milk

First to 4 wins

Last edited by a moderator:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got me. I think our first squads are both explosive but I like my lineup a little more with Stockton, Aguirre and Mchale. Our other squads would be fun to see West vs Magic, Coop vs Alvin and Bird vs Nique. I just see me barely taking this one. Nice team Femur, like always

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Femur

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Shane wins with Cartwright and Divac you should all be ashamed of yourselves!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta go with Femur here.

I think he has the advantage in the first half with his guard play and also his bigs being able to keep the defense honest. Second half I also slightly lean Femur. I think Magic obviously gets his, but so does West. West was a dynamic scorer, so in the end I think they even out, especially with little to no rim protection. Bird has the edge on Wilkins. Chambers has a good advantage over Williams, but Willis Reed over Vlade is a bigger edge.

Both teams were great, just I think Femur has the edges in this particular matchup.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Shane wins with Cartwright and Divac you should all be ashamed of yourselves!

I only got matched up against what one team that one great center. You know there are 5 positions on the court. Look at the W’s, they never have a great center, except these year (bastids!).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta go with Femur here.

I think he has the advantage in the first half with his guard play and also his bigs being able to keep the defense honest. Second half I also slightly lean Femur. I think Magic obviously gets his, but so does West. West was a dynamic scorer, so in the end I think they even out, especially with little to no rim protection. Bird has the edge on Wilkins. Chambers has a good advantage over Williams, but Willis Reed over Vlade is a bigger edge.

Both teams were great, just I think Femur has the edges in this particular matchup.

I agree with everything but I think West, even though an all-time great defender, would have trouble with Magic with his size and on the block. And the thing about my team I could have Coop guarding West to let Magic focus less defensively and more on running the offense and pushing the ball. Either way, it’s a close natchup. Femur has a great team

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only got matched up against what one team that one great center. You know there are 5 positions on the court. Look at the W’s, they never have a great center, except these year (bastids!).

Both of your centers were average at best when they played, using them in a super team draft they are well below average. I think you could get away with one but not both. Just my opinion...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything but I think West, even though an all-time great defender, would have trouble with Magic with his size and on the block. And the thing about my team I could have Coop guarding West to let Magic focus less defensively and more on running the offense and pushing the ball. Either way, it’s a close natchup. Femur has a great team

Here's my biggest gripe about everyone with Magic Johnson...he had a career scoring average of 19.5 points per game. He had a size advantage over everyone in his era, but why wouldn't his PPG be higher if he was that dominant in the post? It's because he used his size advantage many times to back players down and then kicked out after a double team. But with your lineup, you don't have the shooters around him to take advantage of his size, IMO. Magic was not a back it down and score type player. He wasn't a volume scorer. So people giving him the benefit that he would just all of a sudden change his game to take advantage of his size in these particular matchups is untrue to his game.

/rant

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of your centers were average at best when they played, using them in a super team draft they are well below average. I think you could get away with one but not both. Just my opinion...

This wasn’t a super team draft. You only get 4 HOF’s. By the time I got back to my 2nd or 3rd pick it was more important to use my HOF pick on other needs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my biggest gripe about everyone with Magic Johnson...he had a career scoring average of 19.5 points per game. He had a size advantage over everyone in his era, but why wouldn't his PPG be higher if he was that dominant in the post? It's because he used his size advantage many times to back players down and then kicked out after a double team. But with your lineup, you don't have the shooters around him to take advantage of his size, IMO. Magic was not a back it down and score type player. He wasn't a volume scorer. So people giving him the benefit that he would just all of a sudden change his game to take advantage of his size in these particular matchups is untrue to his game.

/rant

I agree lol. I don’t see the comparisons to Lebron, Lebron is a much better everything other than passer. He proved he could take advantage of mismatches but it seemed like when guys were hurt he COULD put up 30-40, he just didn’t do that often. He had the luxuries of Kareem, Worthy and other HOF’rs.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He beat my team when I had Jordan, plus my bigs of Walton & Laimbeer. Divac flopped in the matchup and my guys got T’d up.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn’t a super team draft. You only get 4 HOF’s. By the time I got back to my 2nd or 3rd pick it was more important to use my HOF pick on other needs

lolzzz only 4 hall of famers, oh the horror! You still got to pick the best of the players who didn't make the hall. Like I said before Cartwright and Divac were average players in their day, less than average in this draft. Willis Reed would make Divac look stupid, he might as well go sit down and have a cigarette on the bench.

You should have taken Elvin Hayes instead of Stockton.

Okay, i'm done messin' with ya!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He beat my team when I had Jordan, plus my bigs of Walton & Laimbeer. Divac flopped in the matchup and my guys got T’d up.

But the rest of your team wasn’t better. That’s why we do NBA draft like this bc if you get MJ you think you should win no matter what. Nique in his prime gave the Bulls all they could handle, add in one of the best defensive guards of all-time, Magic and Chambers...MJ can’t do it all

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'll notice I said something in your game with Shane...