• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6/7 Beaneaters @ Suarez

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a new approach at the plate. Too many Giant's hitters use the same approach at the plate. It makes them predictable. Also, Crawford made 2 big mistakes on the field and they both ended up costing us a run. Ortiz was running, step on second then throw. He acted like it was Jackie Bradley Jr.

Also, Blanco needs to sit. He has been pure garbage at the plate. Grounding into that double play was a killer. Duffy swinging at a ball a foot outside was just as bad. He is trying way too hard. He needs to move down to the 6th or 7th spot. Move a power hitter like Parker to 4th and have Posey hit 3rd.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a new approach at the plate. Too many Giant's hitters use the same approach at the plate. It makes them predictable. Also, Crawford made 2 big mistakes on the field and they both ended up costing us a run. Ortiz was running, step on second then throw. He acted like it was Jackie Bradley Jr.

Also, Blanco needs to sit. He has been pure garbage at the plate. Grounding into that double play was a killer. Duffy swinging at a ball a foot outside was just as bad. He is trying way too hard. He needs to move down to the 6th or 7th spot. Move a power hitter like Parker to 4th and have Posey hit 3rd.

Duffy hitting sub-.200 in the 3 spot, but much higher at the 7 spot. He is also hitting .298 with a runner on 1st, but that hasn't happened much as Panik has struggled to get on base. Sure seems Duffy hits better with men on base, making him a good #3, but men are not getting on base for him all that often. I think he needs to move down. I'd be intrigued to see what Belt could do as a #3 hitter.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe swap Panik and Duffy?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe swap Panik and Duffy?
Whats the point?

Duffy is not getting the results, but at least he is barrelling up on the ball just about every time. He is just getting BABIP'd to death (I understand that may be explainable). Panic is flashing power, but NOTHING else.

I dont think the order is the problem. We just have a lineup full of players having down seasons...

Span - BA is much lower than we expected, but his OBP is awesome. Overall, he is doing fine.
Panik - Almost worthless with the bat this year
Duffy - No production, but lots of attems
Posey - Decent numbers, but not "Posey numbers" - thumb is likely the culprit
Pence - Quietly putting up a decent year, but he is only good for 100 games/year now (if that)
Belt - Having a good year, but still lacks power.
Crawford - Having a nice, typical year. But no apparent step up from last year.
Pagan - Doing alright, but only an 80 gm/yr player

Blanco - struggling
Gillaspie - useless
Thomlinson - Should he be taking PT from Panik/Duffy?
Mac/Parker - Kids. They have been given opportunities, but are making Boch's job hard for the wrong reasons
Brown - Doing great for a BU catcher

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the point?

Duffy is not getting the results, but at least he is barrelling up on the ball just about every time. He is just getting BABIP'd to death (I understand that may be explainable). Panic is flashing power, but NOTHING else.

I dont think the order is the problem. We just have a lineup full of players having down seasons...

Span - BA is much lower than we expected, but his OBP is awesome. Overall, he is doing fine.
Pence - Quietly putting up a decent year, but he is only good for 100 games/year now (if that)

Blanco - struggling
Gillaspie - useless
Mac/Parker - Kids. They have been given opportunities, but are making Boch's job hard for the wrong reasons
cal, I disagree on Belt. His slugging percentage is close to .500 (at .492, before his home run off Price). That, by far, puts him as the best power hitter on the team. Even Pence is lower, at .486, when he went down with his hamstring injury. The next closest on the team is Parker at .477.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the point?

Blanco - struggling
Gillaspie - useless
Regarding Williamson, he's hardly been given a chance. Tonight's game is the 4th one he's started for the Giants all season and only the 1st since Pence went down. Give him some more time. Parker's slash line since rejoining the team on May 24th is .267/.353/.400. Not great but better than Span and Blanco. He may be the best hitting outfielder we've got right now.