• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6.3.17 Shimmy's @ Philth

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's never not going to be the case.

Putting individual accomplishments above team accomplishments is not the Giants way.

(edit): 2007 Barry Bonds is an exception. That's a different level.
Of course he didn't send Cueto out with the intention of losing the game. That's not what I said. But he hasn't beaten the Phils in forever, and he wasn't going to do it today unless he got through at least one more inning. Go for it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really what you mean, you like his decision because it gave you another loss that you crave.

The regular season is only "spring training" if you make the playoffs.
Mmmm. Losses....

Num num num.

giphy.gif

Don't be ridiculous.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he didn't send Cueto out with the intention of losing the game. That's not what I said. But he hasn't beaten the Phils in forever, and he wasn't going to do it today unless he got through at least one more inning. Go for it.

Again, if you don't care about the outcome, go for it with the low percentage play

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if you don't care about the outcome, go for it with the low percentage play
He should have sent Blach out there instead. He was rolling yesterday and the Phils could never figure him out. If the outcome DID matter as much as you seem to be implying, that was the clear move to make.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have sent Blach out there instead. He was rolling yesterday and the Phils could never figure him out. If the outcome DID matter as much as you seem to be implying, that was the clear move to make.

OK champ, you are salty about the Giants. Get it all out there.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy has never been one to get too bent out of shape over a single reg season game. I have always gotten the sense that he views the reg season as spring training on steroids.

If he puts the game at risk to get a guy a big personal moment, he is typically cool with doing that. I suspect that is what happened here. He was already at about 105 pitches. Why send him out if there want another reason?

At the end of the day, though, I am 100% AOK with the Giants losing to the Phils. It is right now a 3-way race with them and the Pads, and if we can get a leg up, all the better.

SD kept pace today by getting hammered by Colorado.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I missed this one. What does it mean to lose to the worst team in baseball? :L

I don't blame Noggin for letting Cueto start the 7th. He should have pulled Strick sooner, though.

But this one is on the bats. Yesterday they scored 10. As per Giants' custom, they won't get 10 in the next week of games total.

And what's with the total lack of XBH? Giants haven't had a homer in six straight games.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I missed this one. What does it mean to lose to the worst team in baseball? :L

I don't blame Noggin for letting Cueto start the 7th. He should have pulled Strick sooner, though.

But this one is on the bats. Yesterday they scored 10. As per Giants' custom, they won't get 10 in the next week of games total.

And what's with the total lack of XBH? Giants haven't had a homer in six straight games.

You're lucky that you missed the game. Just another ho-hum, "whatever" loss.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even Cueto (through an interpreter) after the game said he was surprised he was going back out there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly Boch is making WAG decisions and not talking to any of his players.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think i'll check out on the giants games for a while. still attend those i have tix to, but until we see some new faces or the old ones ratchet up a notch they are tough to watch on a daily basis...

i'll still follow talk radio (although its all warriors all the time) and the threads here. but daily tv and radio broadcast will be put on hold for a while

in other news, stanford faces double elimination by cs fullerton starting now - send all available mojo our way s'il vous plait....