• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6/26/14: Commies @ No-Hitters

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a Hangover....Giants lose 3-1

Giants get shutdown by a hungry Reds team coming into town. Giants seemed to have a little bit of a Hangover after the No-No getting only 5 hits and committing 2 more errors. Another loss at home as they are now 2-9 in their last 11 games. I really wanted that Lincecum No-Hitter to spark the team but it was not to be.

The positives are the Duvall HR and his sharp line drive off Chapman. Good AB's for Duvall.

Vogelsong was sharp only giving up 1 run ,striking out 7 and walking none. He deserved a win.

Dodgers win so they close to 2 games back. It's so important for the Giants to get their injured back in the line up. Gotta start hitting the ball and scoring runs. Bum gets the call Friday night.

Go Giants !!

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Bochy to give the speech he gave to the pitchers to Sandoval, Blanco, Pence, Morse, Colvin, Panik....I'm just going to stop

Gotta make up for Pagan's loss somehow.

Pence (RF)
Crawford (SS)
Posey (C)
Panda (3B)
Morse (1B)
Colvin (LF)
Blanco (CF)
Panik (2B)
Pitcher

Not sure how much of this is on BamBam, but listening to the game on my five mile walk tonight (I just passed 500 miles for the year, got a slow start), even Kuip and Fleming were talking about how Blanco needs to hit it on the ground more. At one point tonight, he was 1-1 hitting it on the ground, and 0-2 in the air. He is 2/20 hitting leadoff in the 1st inning. He CANNOT hit there, and Bochy is a tool for trotting him out there in the leadoff spot.

It doesn't matter if Blanco has speed, he doesn't use it, and Bochy doesn't have the guys run anyway. Giants are dead last in the majors in SB in June with 3. Three!

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, Posey is 7 for his last 11, and we've all seen him carry this team on his shoulders before, so maybe his time is here.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, Posey is 7 for his last 11, and we've all seen him carry this team on his shoulders before, so maybe his time is here.

How many RBI's in those 11 AB's?

Seems like he is getting hot and getting on, but not driving in runs. Of course, that depends on guys getting on ahead of him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has doubles power right now, but nothing more than that. If he isn't getting up with guys on, hit streak is worthless.

We need Pence hitting behind Gerald right now. Have no idea who should hit lead off, though. We are at a black hole there right now. I think Craw would make a fine 2.

In 2 weeks (assuming Pagan is out, which appears unlikely), maybe try Belt at lead off? He would not have to worry about the power stroke out of the gate and can instead just work on bat control/plate discipline.

Belt
Craw
Panda
Buster
Pence
Morse
Panik
Blanco

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many RBI's in those 11 AB's?

Seems like he is getting hot and getting on, but not driving in runs. Of course, that depends on guys getting on ahead of him.

That's the problem. Blanco has been utter crap in the leadoff spot and Pence/Posey unfortunately seem to split their hits apart. :(