• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6.13 Shimmy @ Statists

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is over. Wet fart ending to the road trip. At least we get the worst team in baseball for four at home.
Holy shit...

I just took a look at the DBacks...

They are on a 3-27 stretch right now. No typo there. THREE WINS AND TWENTY SEVEN LOSSES!!!

If the Giants don’t win AT LEAST 3 in this 4-game set, it will be a HUGE disappointment.

This is exactly the kind of series that scares me.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nowhere near the worst anymore. But someone has to be the 5th starter.
Spot on. There's been enough churn now that I'm satisfied the bullpen is average. Still need a legit closer (Moronta?). And as a fifth starter -- if you ignore the contract -- JC is just fine.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird. Cueto was a beast before he went to the IL. Since coming back, he has been almost completely useless.
dude knows how to pitch, so there's hope that as he gets better physically he'll regain some of his prior form.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit...

I just took a look at the DBacks...

They are on a 3-27 stretch right now. No typo there. THREE WINS AND TWENTY SEVEN LOSSES!!!

If the Giants don’t win AT LEAST 3 in this 4-game set, it will be a HUGE disappointment.

This is exactly the kind of series that scares me.
This is exactly the kind of series that will either be a "yup, beat the teams you should" or "PHUKING HELL"

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird. Cueto was a beast before he went to the IL. Since coming back, he has been almost completely useless.
That's what scares me about Cuerto. Since his return he seems to be having control issues. Yesterday was no exception.
Through 5.1 innings he threw 100 pitches and 40 of them were balls. He walked 3 batters and also give up 9 hits. Two of those hits were homeruns to the same batter. Counted for 4 of the 5 runs they scored. He was always in trouble during his 5 inning stint. The homers just made it happen a little more quickly. They still would have scored.

When is Webb due back? For now I can live with Cuerto as our 5th SP. But we have to continue to win on a consistent basis to support that decision. Right now our hitting seems to be no where. We need Longo back and hope that some of these 'career years' continue for these guys. Only scoring 3 runs in 4 games .... even after Scherzer leaves in the 1st inning .... is not going to carry us too far in the future ..... getting a split was actually a really good break for us ... with that offense we could have easily dropped all four games.

Now we get AZ ... and as Cal said ... they are something like 3-24 over the last 27 games .... something has to give for them ... sooner ort later .... just hope is 5 games later .....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on. There's been enough churn now that I'm satisfied the bullpen is average. Still need a legit closer (Moronta?). And as a fifth starter -- if you ignore the contract -- JC is just fine.
Kerry Crowley:

Since blowing a late lead at Coors Field on May 5, the #SFGiants bullpen owns a 2.51 ERA and has walked a major league-low 35 batters. The front office has quietly remade the bullpen and at least one more veteran arm is expected to join the group soon.
https://t.co/8MY1MWemiz?amp=1